test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Of Profits, and an Ill Wind"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Quark goes off on a secret mission, and bites off more than he can chew, in our latest fiction blog!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10921443

Comments

• ashlotteashlotte Member Posts: 316 Arc User
    Heh, Feee-male ferengi middle fingers and a Karemma teen calling Quark "Ears"!

I've always liked that Karemma girl.

She's so bright, cheerful even in the middle of a mutant grasshopper invasion. Awesome mission, awesome prequel mission briefing, awesome writing. Great job, Cryptic!

Could make a legit Trek script off of it!
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    the Coldstar strikes again​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Nice short story.
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Glad the Coldstar showed up in story again, and helps explain how he got there vs a shuttle or something, but now what happened to them?. I wouldn't mind seeing the characters in game in a future mission with Quark and ...Payment.

Let alone I liked the Karemma woman character in the mission, was kind of amazed no DOFF or BOFF added based on the character after the end of it of some sort. Though I guess we could count the Hologram Console/Bank/Exchange access thing like such, if they added some quips with Voice Acting when dealing with her that would be interesting addition.
  • bigb3bigb3 Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    Is this the same "Onna" in this short story that gives out the Phoenix Prize Packs on DS9 during the Phoenix Giveaway events?