test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Which of the Famous Captains do you want to see in Star Trek Online?

Following Choices are the five major Captains or Commanders that played a major role in the Star Trek shows over the years excluding discovery. Which Captain would you like to see in game? Maybe during a Temporal Episode or something where you can interact and talk with them?

Which of the Famous Captains do you want to see in Star Trek Online? 110 votes

Archer
3%
junglestreakerthay8472mercgargoyleevilmark444 4 votes
Janeway
4%
the1tiggleteazziemrtokenstartrek6000nullafy 5 votes
Kirk
7%
blitzy4cirran1lethal61darakossjohnchrightondarthmeow504lapprenticeldaimonion13#5412 8 votes
Picard
20%
ikonn#1068c0nd1t10nr3dreyan01meimeitoopwstolemynamespacehermitphoeniz1994hadin1cerritourugjiralinrianickcastletonsaber68bartlett24charon83avoozuulkronin#4685robert#4620aviewtoakill#9776spacecatz#6038gluv#6751 22 votes
Sisko
11%
tls1970captaingametearliekkosjayfresh11avantgarde01valyont49djf021luckyyahoodajiangjun1982trekpuppyhanover2smooshy#7462megainexoros#5925 13 votes
All of the Above
21%
saedeithdaggermoonduncanidaho11baddmoonrizinmattjohnsonvazedbrightlander1dracounguisrandom909wired2thenetwarmaker001bdragnridrcrashdragonsirsitsalotcaptainhunter1tomgonjinn23cross821captainbrian11sloemoe74zanibarwarpangel 24 votes
Most of the Above
11%
talonxvgaraks31dmtquesteriusrattler2gradiisistericrelicthiefliantheliasevenofnine13141alialirathepalemoonlightemily#7094 13 votes
None of the Above
11%
allyoftheforcekodachikunoazrael605seriousdavesalazarrazer24681012sparhawkjupwiseiamjmphtrennanflokatsanemrfred7txcavalier 13 votes
Other
7%
hippiejonwhere2r1alexhaydenpostagepaiddrakie79korithian1daqheghfleetcaptain5#1134 8 votes

Comments

• alexhaydenalexhayden Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Other
    Christopher Pike. He was a Captain of the Enterprise..and without him there would have been no Kirk, Spock and McCoy..

As for Discovery, I get why you would exclude a show in it's infancy, but if there was the slightest chance of Michelle Yeoh and/or Jason Isaacs doing voice work for Cryptic could you really say "not interested?"
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    None of the Above
    I really like the fully voice acted episodes, especially the newest ones but think about how much money must have gone into that. I'd rather have less voice acting but an overall better game quality for that.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    All of the Above
    I'd like all of the above, plus Pike and I wouldn't say no to the Discovery crew.

But like seriousdave said, An overall better game would be even better than more VAing.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Picard
    I would have said Janeway but in an interview, she stressed how filming Voyager helped drive a wedge between her and her children due to the amount of time she had to dedicate to the show, and because of that, she's done with Star Trek. A shame really but I can understand where she's coming from.

So, Jean Luc Picard, please. Make It So!

(I also wouldn't mind seeing Archer at some point)
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,820 Arc User
    Most of the Above
    I would have said Janeway but in an interview, she stressed how filming Voyager helped drive a wedge between her and her children due to the amount of time she had to dedicate to the show, and because of that, she's done with Star Trek. A shame really but I can understand where she's coming from.

Voice acting is different than actual acting....no costumes...no makeup...no having to do the grind week after week after week.
  • c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Picard
    lianthelia wrote: »

Voice acting is different than actual acting....no costumes...no makeup...no having to do the grind week after week after week.
    It's more a case of "Too many bad memories" that Star Trek holds for her. Not a case of her time these days considering her kids are all grown up now. Plus the fact that there is still friction between them.

EDIT: The documentary where she gave the interview was with William Shatner and all the other Star Trek Captains and was Called "Captains" IIRC. It should still be on Netflix.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    None of the Above
    I really like the fully voice acted episodes, especially the newest ones but think about how much money must have gone into that. I'd rather have less voice acting but an overall better game quality for that.

This right here. I'd rather the money that spent on getting the voice actors for ViL, go toward content, with better game play, and bugs fixes.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    All of the Above
    All, but good luck in lining a number of them up for STO. Most especially Avery Brooks. I'm also kind of iffy on... [Dons Asbestos Suit]... Patrick Stewart's video game voiceovers. Most especially Star Trek games. His Starfleet Command 3 voicework seemed like a, "I came here to collect a paycheck" type of deal.

Kate Mulgrew's done a number of decent video game voiceovers with the Dragon Age series.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,971 Community Moderator
    Most of the Above
    As nice as it would be to see The Sisko again... the odds of him doing it are slim to none.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Sisko
    Picard and Janeway would be a cute cameos, but Sisko still has more story to tell. Of course, I'd also love to hear William Shatner in the game as Emperor Tiberius of the Mirror Universe.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    Other
    Shran was a famous captain. I'd like to see him, or possibly his grandkid.
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • daimonion13#5412 daimonion13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Kirk
    Kirk was irritating cowboy, but in the end I liked him most as a captain. Picard was irritating buffoon from the beginning till the end. Never understood, why he was so praised by fans... For me only Archer was worse. I liked Sisko too, maybe even more than Kirk, but he was too "military" type and I don't like military types in general:) Janeway... Hard to telll... I always had mixed feelings about her. Sometimes she was great, sometimes she was horrible:)
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Most of the Above
    All the ones which dont involve time travel, an incredibly stupid plot device 99% of the time its used.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    Picard
    lianthelia wrote: »

isn't she still staring in orange is the new black?
    that would mean she might not be up for it (though she does voice flemith in dragon age so who knows)

Patrick stewart isn't up to much lately so he would probably be up for it.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • captainbrian11captainbrian11 Member Posts: 733 Arc User
    All of the Above
    Even if Stewart was willing to consider it he'd be phenominally expensive. he's basicly an A list actor these days and thus even if he gave them a deal he'd be insanely costly. I suspect all of the captains would be... very expensive, (as in their entire voice budget for a year would be taken up by that one voice actor) Stewart is an A list actor, Brooks IIRC has retired, and talking him outta retirement would require an amazing script that speaks to him on a personal level, or a truck load of cash, neither of which are likely to come from Cryptic. Shatner likewise would demand too much money, as would Chris Pine. Mulgrew does a fair bit of voice acting so might be willing to take a shot at it but has bad personal memories with Trek.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    I'd rather see Riker and the Titan
    Spock.jpg

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Other
    Pretty sure patrick stewart is touring at the moment with ian macellan with a stage show.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Picard
    Picard was my favorite, followed by Sisko and Kirk. I do support the idea that content, especially more episodes, should come before high priced actors. There are a couple of ways around this, though. One is using sound bytes from the shows or movies, especially deleted scenes. The other is to use low costing impersonators. Note that this poll was about what characters we'd like to see in game, not which actors should be hired.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Picard
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard, nuff said.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Picard
    trennan wrote: »

This right here. I'd rather the money that spent on getting the voice actors for ViL, go toward content, with better game play, and bugs fixes.
    Where did they say that they wanted the actors in the game now? They were asking what actors you want but not the actual time to get them in the game.

Answering another players poll isn't going to stop the dev team from focusing on fixing the current expansion of the game.

Post edited by avoozuul on
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    All of the Above
    I'm not opposed to the notion of a guest shot of any of the famous captains. Though with that, there's the issue of getting the actors themselves to agree to it. So if it can happen, great. But not going to hold my breath on it.
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Morgan Bateson.
    boldly-watched.png
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    Most of the Above
    All except for Kirk.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    All of the Above
    Archer or Kirk - Would be interesting. But I'm generally against time travel shenanigans to do something like this, but if done 'right' would be OK.

Janeway / Picard / Sisko - STO is ~60+yrs after all the series so hard to justify so many old characters being around and/or still active. Yeah, we don't know how old humans can be in Trek now. But McCoy was 137yrs in Encounter at Farpoint and didn't look like he was in any condition to drop kick some alien. :D So while I would like to see favorite characters in the game; most ways of shoe-horning them into it would be problematic. Even now in ViL the shear number of very spry OLD people is straining credulity, imo.

VO work must be relatively 'easy' so how much would a main cast member cost anyway? I mean, Nana Visitor in ViL sounds like she's half asleep and there's no emotion. Like she's reading a book so her kid can go to sleep type of thing. :/ Not sure if she was told to read Kira as more calm now that she was Vedek or what, but some actors just don't seem to pull off VO well. (aka Denise Crosby in STO also is meh acting, imo)

• zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    All of the Above
    I said all of the above, plus
    bd354e57c2e52cac5c46dc6904d6964d.jpg
    Captin Morgan Bateson.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Sisko
    Janeway / Picard / Sisko - STO is ~60+yrs after all the series so hard to justify so many old characters being around and/or still active.

No problem for Sisko. He ascended to the wormhole and has been... dunno training? He's not done, but Avery Brooks may be.