test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hidden Gems

trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
For those like me. You're always looking for what little things one can find withing the game. As such, I figured it would be nice to post our discovered here . Like the one I found on the Promenade Directory of the new Deep Space Nine.
Feel free to share any other you may have run across.

2bsgdm.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
Mm5NeXy.gif

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I noticed the viewscreen on the pillar where quarks opens into the promenade sometimes plays a video advert for the bar.

Might have had audio but leeta was bellowing dabo at someone. For a hologram she has a big set of lungs.
  • daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I found Cheif O'Brein's toolbox on DS9 yesterday.

34598129_10214890083538969_9022635779519676416_o.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=f3e650f297854d7f007ec34bd3662553&oe=5BAC22A6
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    If that list of gibberish has some funny in it, I can't see it.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    If that list of gibberish has some funny in it, I can't see it.

The one with the green next to is, Spacley Sprockets 02-023
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    I noticed the viewscreen on the pillar where quarks opens into the promenade sometimes plays a video advert for the bar.

Might have had audio but leeta was bellowing dabo at someone. For a hologram she has a big set of lungs.

It does, it has the Quarks bar jingle, lol

Evidently Tom Servo is on DS9 too... guess its an upgrade from the Satellite of love
    (4th entry below Sprockets, hes selling used robots)
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    I'd love it if the Devs could give us a high rez pic of that directory.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Well...someone has had too much Jem'Hadar on the brain:

elpcH98.jpg
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Well...someone has had too much Jem'Hadar on the brain:

elpcH98.jpg

I've only run the swarm once, is it possible the planet was under attack in the 'liberate it from the Hur'q' sense? I mean, I know that's not very likely, but it would make this description make sense.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,762 Arc User
    trennan wrote: »
    For those like me. You're always looking for what little things one can find withing the game. As such, I figured it would be nice to post our discovered here . Like the one I found on the Promenade Directory of the new Deep Space Nine.

memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Spacely_Sprockets
    memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Promenade
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems is there, too.
    boldly-watched.png
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Looks much the same as the directory in the show, as seen on Memory-Alpha. Though that pic is a bit low-res too they do have a text listing of the shops.
    A slightly better view: https://imgur.com/a/nbpJo4M

Plenty of Easter Eggs in that basket.
    boldly-watched.png
  • shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    First one I spotted was the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation. Share and enjoy.
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    Pancho's Happy Bottom Riding club!!!! they need to have that as a bar with Chuck Yeager sitting in it
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    jbmonroe wrote: »
    Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems is there, too.
    shevet wrote: »
    First one I spotted was the Sirius Cybernetics Corporation. Share and enjoy.

These put a smile on my face :)
    I must admit to a certain amount of concern regarding the Forbin Project.
    boldly-watched.png
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @postagepaid said:
    > I noticed the viewscreen on the pillar where quarks opens into the promenade sometimes plays a video advert for the bar.
    >
    > Might have had audio but leeta was bellowing dabo at someone. For a hologram she has a big set of lungs.

It does, the “come to quarks” song
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,843 Arc User
    Cavor's gravity devices- first men in the moon HG Wells

Del Floria's taylor shop. man from U.N.C.L.E.

Diet Smith is from TRIBBLE TRacy, IIRC

Forbin Project- would thing we would learn and not mess with supercomputers...

Diva Droid and Jupiter mining are from Red Dwarf

Panchos was a real bar at what is now edwards AFB in the late 50s. featured in The Right Stuff as the hangout for the test pilots

Sirius Cybernetics is from Hitchikers guide

Tom Servo is MST3K

Yoyodyne is from Buckaroo Banzai

and Spacely Sprockets is the Jetsons
    Spock.jpg

• forerunnerknight#7803 forerunnerknight Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Dont forget milliways“the dinner at the end of the universe”is also from the hitchhikers guide series of books.
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Nobody mentioned Jupiter Mining Corporation? I know I am not the only captain with a JMC Red Dwarf in this game.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Uhm why'd you take this picture with a potato you found rotting in your kitchen? Did you not find the capture screen function on your pc yet?
    trennan wrote: »

edited June 2018
    I went to DS9 this morning to try to read this Directory in the game hoping for a clearer image....but it is blurry in the game on my computer, too.

Does anyone have a better computer can take a clearer pic?

NEVERMIND I found jbmonroe's pic. Thanks!

Banzai sounds familiar....so does Tom Servo. Though I can not place them.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    sirmayday wrote: »
    I've only run the swarm once, is it possible the planet was under attack in the 'liberate it from the Hur'q' sense? I mean, I know that's not very likely, but it would make this description make sense.

It is from the what's new section....you know the blinking question mark on the mini map. I am pretty sure the Hur'q not Jem'Hadar is the Swarm.

OH...the entire list is on the Star Trek Wiki.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Promenade

List of vendors with links to descriptions is about half way down the page..just before "History".

• daqheghdaqhegh Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    I found a Cardassian monk on Vulcan today.

34791222_10214901283058950_2624074002510905344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=9939a2f40dc6fd2b88e09040e24f9c1d&oe=5B7AB5E4

34783749_10214901282938947_4800480540102754304_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=6dbdc3f5d731eea3a4870c74a85a08f4&oe=5B7EBFC2
    My Old Blog about things that could and should have been added when I wrote it. Not sure what I want to do with it now. I'll just keep it available now that most of it is outdated.
    daqhegh wrote: »
    I found a Cardassian monk on Vulcan today.

Very cool.
    I should have checked closer on Risa while I was wandering around there.
    But I was mostly flying or on the water. LOL!

• swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Banzai sounds familiar....so does Tom Servo. Though I can not place them.

Bonzai is from Buckaroo Bonzai across the 8th Dimension.
    Tom Servo is one of the robots om Mystery Science Theater 3000.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    latest?cb=20170822010641
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    swamarian wrote: »
    Bonzai is from Buckaroo Bonzai across the 8th Dimension.
    Tom Servo is one of the robots on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

Well, I am not sure why Buckaroo Bonzai sounds familiar....because there was no way I could have seen that movie....it came out while I was in Basic Training. LOL!

Eh, I never did like Mystery Science Theater...didn't like the side of running commentary with my Japanese monster movies. LOL!