test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Should they give Kdf/Federation access to romulan ships?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
Because Romulans are getting access to most of their allies tier 5 and six ships should feds and kdfs get access to romulan ships?

Should they give Kdf/Federation access to romulan ships? 57 votes

Yes most romulan ships but not the Scimitar class starships as that should still be locked behind romulan faction
8%
trainboytlordgyorlocutusofcactusredbaroness#4883giantconch#4219 5 votes
Yes all Teir 5 and tier six romulan ships its only fair price to pay for getting access to most of their allies ships.
15%
baucoindantefirefoxkjwashingtonbloodyrizkragenskjoldwarpangeloccisorxxraldsen#6192gluv#6751 9 votes
No Romulan Ships should remain out of Federation and Kdf Hands.
61%
nightkensteinbergbaddmoonrizincrypticarmsmanzarato4218potasssiumkodachikunoazrael605warmaker001barliekkosrattler2seaofsorrowsdragnridrsquidheadjaxnimbullrelicthiefalcyoneserenekiralynpostagepaidtrenthowell 35 votes
They should give Feds and Kdfs access to tier 1 through 4 romulan ships. But not any tier 5 or 6 ships.
5%
strathkinquesteriusflash525 3 votes
Other
8%
duncanidaho11mirrorchaoscrashdragonphoastmassx 5 votes

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Gonna have to say this is rather biased as there are 3 Yes options of varying degrees and only one no option. Kinda dilutes the results. Also while the Other option is a good idea... it could go either way and further dilute the results.

Also... Option 1 seems oddly... specific. Yes to everything BUT the Scimitar? o.O
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Gonna have to say this is rather biased as there are 3 Yes options of varying degrees and only one no option. Kinda dilutes the results. Also while the Other option is a good idea... it could go either way and further dilute the results.

Also... Option 1 seems oddly... specific. Yes to everything BUT the Scimitar? o.O

Its one of the best Dps ships in the game. Its why I put that into the option because I felt it should remain faction exclusive and I'm sure other players would agree with that so I added that in.. I thought about other no options but yeah did not know what to put. Kinda wished I could edit the poll and fix up the second poll option. Oh well Maybe I should have just put a yes or no option, Oh Well.
    Feds have their own equivelent in the Vengeance. Granted its a Lobi ship, but still...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    No. The military assets of the Romulan Republic should not be given to the Klingons and the Federation.
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Feds already have too many ships
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Yes most romulan ships but not the Scimitar class starships as that should still be locked behind romulan faction
    Getting some Romulan ships would be nice but I think CBS would go all Picard "Treaty of Algeron" on them.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited June 2018
    They should give Feds and Kdfs access to tier 1 through 4 romulan ships. But not any tier 5 or 6 ships.
    No. The military assets of the Romulan Republic should not be given to the Klingons and the Federation.

Still I can understand why the AUTHOR likely created this thread... after all Klingon's likely gained their cloaking technology earlier on from Romulan's, many early Romulan & Klingon ships looked similar in a few cases. After all it's not like the Romulan's don't have a history of sharing Technology. The Romulan's after all later gave Cloak Technology to the Federation on the Defiant. But Klingon's and Federation already have access to Romulan Cloaking technology for decades by now; the real DRIVER I suspect is getting Romulan's more Familiar with Warp Drive.

Remember the Temporal Cross Faction Ships jointly designed by Federation, Klingons & Romulan's now technically all part of the Federation requires the Romulan's to shift how they travel at Warp Speed without the use of a Singularity. :)
    0zxlclk.png
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    No, but with one caveat... That KDF / Feds can claim the Rom Ships that is owned in the account as ASScards.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    Yea I think I'd be very happy with the above suggestion if that was later allowed.
    0zxlclk.png
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User

Its one of the best Dps ships in the game. Its why I put that into the option because I felt it should remain faction exclusive and I'm sure other players would agree with that so I added that in.. I thought about other no options but yeah did not know what to put. Kinda wished I could edit the poll and fix up the second poll option. Oh well Maybe I should have just put a yes or no option, Oh Well.

See, the issue I have is this: Excluding a ship based on "DPS." You would have to think on what the Romulans are gaining access to, ship-wise, for your poll. Do they gain access to the Odyssey and Bortasqu' lines? If the answer is yes, why not just go all the way, and open up the flagships for the others? If the answer is no, then keep said flagships exclusive to their specifics(Keep the Bortasqu' in KDF hands, the Odyssey in Starfleet hands, and out of Romulan hands).
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Hmmmm...I have no idea if I even want Fed or Rom ships.

And I don't need no more AssCards. Too many to keep track of as it is now.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »

Well... I guess for Romulan players you can be more selective and grab cards in areas you are lacking in, like... SCIENCE!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    where2r1 wrote: »

Well... I guess for Romulan players you can be more selective and grab cards in areas you are lacking in, like... SCIENCE!

What SCIENCE? LOL!

You see...all my 2 Roms are KDF Aligned. And they don't have many more Science ships than my KDF. So.... not really seeing any advantage for my Klingons or Romulans at this point.

Why does anyone need this many ships? They must have lots of time on their hands.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No.

It's perfectly fine for Romulans to have something 'special' just for them. They're already half a faction, but the fact that the ships they have are actually really good and now combined with this helps make them a solid option when players are picking a faction.

Simply put, Feds and KDF don't need access to Romulan ships.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Yes all Teir 5 and tier six romulan ships its only fair price to pay for getting access to most of their allies ships.
    I don't agree with the Roms getting their ally's T5/6 ships to begin with, but if that's going to happen anyway, fair is fair.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Other
    put all three factions including the 23rd and jem'hadar into one massive faction, from there they can all use each others ships.
    give the faction a shared tutorial, and then left them join which ever faction they want and play the storyline of that faction to its end where it all combines into one storyline anyway.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Absolutely not... Romulans are attached to either the KDF or Feds and not considered a full faction. If anything they should get more than two bridge packs to use one of which requires a Scimitar purchase to get.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    Other
    I don't care if anyone else wants to use a ship from another faction, I will always fly with a ship from my faction. The only thing I want is that the starship trait I have on my RR ship (kdf allied char) I would like to have on my klingon.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    tmassx wrote: »
    I don't care if anyone else wants to use a ship from another faction, I will always fly with a ship from my faction. The only thing I want is that the starship trait I have on my RR ship (kdf allied char) I would like to have on my klingon.

I don't remember there being any RR ship traits that are exclusive to the Romulans. Did you try peeking in the dilithium store under Account Reclaim to verify that your Klingon cannot get the trait, if it is exclusive? Or perhaps it's something you can pull off the EC exchange?
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    Thought about it and NO Romulans ships should be unique to Romulans as should Fed ships for Feds and KDF for KDF. Its just the easy option for game development to open up ship access to all factions as it was for Feature episodes.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    More generally, all ships should be available to everyone.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ichaerus1 wrote: »
    tmassx wrote: »

I don't remember there being any RR ship traits that are exclusive to the Romulans. Did you try peeking in the dilithium store under Account Reclaim to verify that your Klingon cannot get the trait, if it is exclusive? Or perhaps it's something you can pull off the EC exchange?
    Only Feddies ever had exclusive traits, because only the Feddies ever had exclusive T6 ships with no counterparts. And those traits aren't exclusive anymore since they were put in the dil store unlock.

But it is, of course, possible for people to own only one faction's version of a particular ship and therefore would need to buy more ships to get the trait on other factions.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    I would vote yes but your poll is so horrifically organized that I can't bring myself to select an option.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.