test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Idea for Halloween. :P

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,403 Arc User
Halloween is still a long ways out, but I thought of a fun idea for it. Some kind of vanity shield for our ships that makes it like a battle damaged version. Like half a nacelle gone, holes in her, been through hell sort of look. I dont know, random idea that popped into my tired head. xD
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Oooooo... I like. Or even a glowy ghost ship effect.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Holo-kurland isn't enough of a nightmarish proposal?
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I want a big Kurland face on my saucer, and the sound of my phaser banks replaced with "Kurland here", with the torp sound being "This is Kurland"
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    That's a good idea. My idea is a very rare or ultra rare version of
    Dr. Sibak
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    I could go for this for sure.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    That's a great idea!
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    it's not too early they need 6 month lead time usually

for me, I think some sort of effect that makes the Daedalus primary hull a Jack 0 lantern...
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Nice...
    Can I have a BONNIE KIN torpedo?
    arionisa wrote: »
    I want a big Kurland face on my saucer, and the sound of my phaser banks replaced with "Kurland here", with the torp sound being "This is Kurland"

Fear the torpedo spreads!

On a serious note... The mission with "BONNIE KIN" is a better Halloween mission than Hearts and Minds.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    well wasnt hearts and minds made by a dev on off duty hours? if so yea its pretty good, could do with a darker interior setting and a few sounds like creaking metal or rattling chains or something ,

but as lexusk19 said yes as Halloween is still a long ways out, but I thought of a fun idea for it. Some kind of vanity shield for our ships that makes it like a battle damaged version. Like half a nacelle gone, holes in her, been through hell sort of look. I dont know, random idea that popped into my tired head. xD i like that idea, and the glowy green ghost ship idea is awesome too
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    carter60 wrote: »
    xD i like that idea, and the glowy green ghost ship idea is awesome too

int-defiant.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Just throwing this out there: Halloween-themed Foundry challenge with a spotlighted winner for everyone to easily find and play...

Dev time is always a hard ask for a new seasonal episode but the community is in a good position to spice up this event with new playable content (minus the gear goodies.) Taking a cue from our last Spotlight, this could also be open to Halloween themed social zones (haunted houses, costume parties with STO characters, ect.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    I rather like the idea of a vanity shield for combat damage.

Takes me back to the early/mid 1980s as a kid, drawing the Enterprise and Reliant in battle, complete with Enterprise blowing away Reliant's nacelle. Think I threw in some Star Wars ships into those drawings as well. XD
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    LOL! This reminds me of the ghosts on Scooby-doo!
    rattler2 wrote: »
    carter60 wrote: »
    xD i like that idea, and the glowy green ghost ship idea is awesome too

int-defiant.jpg

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I would love to see a mission, or stf, maybe even a themed short term battle-ground based around the Hur'q, and the Fek'Ihri Horde tht have links to the Hur'q. Maybe have it be something like the Hur'q have released afew sets of Fek'Ihri Horde-like races against the three major factions, which each of these three being linked to dark beings in the mythology of the groups like how the Fek'Ihri Horde is for the Klingons. With the stf might be based around a rotating/random choice of defending the home world of one fo the three major factions against their respective group linked to them. While there might be a battle-zone alongside a adventure zone, connected via a bridge, which players can either battle for control of different themed zone points, while the adventure-zone is more of investigating the past an links of these races created by the Hur'q
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    Before last winter event I was suggesting that they make a Christmas shield visual with plaid/tartan.
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    The Borg shield visual can be used to explain a battle damaged/infested look to it. There's also certain redside ships(Negh'var(I recommend using the Qudaj variant saucer), Bortasqu', Karfi, Guramba,) with the Aegis shield and Sol Defense engines for a hellish appearance.

As for the Hearts and Minds episode, it's garbage. Scooby Doo episodes invoked more spookiness/fear than that episode. Or the Bonnie-kin episode. Even Boldly They Rode and the Borg/Undine missions hold more dread than Hearts and Minds. I think the game could use an actual episode or few where the ending isn't a happy ending with everyone high fiving each other over root beer and bonbons. Not counting the Iconian episodes.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,659 Arc User
    The original Iconian ship that snatched Sela's Dreadnought away! :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Just remember, the ghost or critter is usually only seen by the stoner and the dog. XD
    avoozuul wrote: »
    Before last winter event I was suggesting that they make a Christmas shield visual with plaid/tartan.

Now, that would be groovy! =O Then again, given that I am fond of plaid/tartan patterns in general, I'd be like to use it all year round. XD

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    lexusk19 wrote: »
    Halloween is still a long ways out, but I thought of a fun idea for it. Some kind of vanity shield for our ships that makes it like a battle damaged version. Like half a nacelle gone, holes in her, been through hell sort of look. I dont know, random idea that popped into my tired head. xD

+50 idea...
    Oooooo... I like. Or even a glowy ghost ship effect.
    this is also cool :)

maybe we could even get something NEW to play to get them? I appreciate what hearts & minds was but... its been a few years.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,247 Community Moderator
    Seems like the first time I played "Hearts and Minds" years ago, all of the clones in stasis got released and came after me. They were bouncing all over the place and chasing me. That was a bit unnerving the first time it happened. That doesn't seem to happen anymore. :confused:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Won't happen.

CBS does not allow Federation ships to be potrayed in a horrible damaged state.

That's the reason Voyager was magically repaired after each episode, having it flying through the Delta Quadrant all damaged and patched togheter was not allowed in the "Roddenberry rule book" Rick Berman and others kept following.

Since that rule was not broken on the TV shows, I doubt CBS would allow us to fly around in heavily damaged Federation ships.

It was not only a Roddenberry rule, but also a Paramount rule because episodes ran on re-runs in the summer when they were waiting for new episodes, and it would confuse the viewers with the ship being in various stages of damages / repairs.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    There isn't even a Halloween event.

Which is actually kind of strange usually Halloween is like the second biggest seasonal event in games.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,844 Arc User
    a bunch of kids running around the social zones .. TRICK OR TREAT!
    Spock.jpg

• khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    2spooky4me
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Won't happen.

CBS does not allow Federation ships to be potrayed in a horrible damaged state.

That's the reason Voyager was magically repaired after each episode, having it flying through the Delta Quadrant all damaged and patched togheter was not allowed in the "Roddenberry rule book" Rick Berman and others kept following.

Since that rule was not broken on the TV shows, I doubt CBS would allow us to fly around in heavily damaged Federation ships.

It was not only a Roddenberry rule, but also a Paramount rule because episodes ran on re-runs in the summer when they were waiting for new episodes, and it would confuse the viewers with the ship being in various stages of damages / repairs.

Which one was in charge of the old movies where the Enterprise took a hell of a beating? Paramount, or CBS? And the "Roddenberry rule book" was ignored a hefty sum of time, with each series, including TNG.