test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Furiadon Fangs???

One of my characters has the Furiadon Fangs, but I was not fast enough to get them for my Main. How can I get a set? Please tell me they haven't been retired for good....

Answers

• admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    You will have to wait till they get added into the pheonix pack. Then get it from there.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • stormwalker03stormwalker03 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Is that truly the only way to see them again? I haven't gotten anything worthwhile from the Phoenix pack, it's been rather depressing actually, how much I've spent on the Phoenix. But then, that's how they make their money.
    I had hoped they would be available somehow. Much sadness.
  • wanghunglo42wanghunglo42 Member Posts: 170 Arc User
    I second the OP. I've always hated the "chance" system in STO. The Phoenix prize pack is no different. What they should do is charge more for it...but opening it gives you one each of the prizes (one uncommon, one rare, etc.). In other words, I'd MUCH rather pay a premium for a thing and KNOW I'm going to get it than pay less for a CHANCE for a thing...then tear out my hair each time I don't get it.

"As with all living things, each according to his gifts."
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    Hope they add it in the next phoenix box. A mod said somewhere last week that ViL is taking much of the time and focus, so they couldn't update the phoenix box this run.
    Furlang are cool, and sadly they where per char unlock back then. Think they would look coolalso on the new Jemmies chars....
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Thing is, the Phoenix boxes don't use money, they use Dilithium, and while I am sure that some people are actually buying Zen so they can buy more Dilithium to buy more boxes, the Phoenix boxes are not a major money maker. They are a huge Dilithium sink, sucking up a lot of the excess Dillithium in the game, thus helping stabilize the Dilithium exchange, which is a major factor in the game economy. In the long run, yes, it does help Cryptic bring in more money, but only because a stable dilithium exchange means more people buying Zen to exchange for dilithium.

The Phoenix boxes already provide a guaranteed return. The minimum reward you can get will net you a Phoenix upgrade, which is definitely worth more than the amount of Dilithium used to buy the box to begin with. Increasing the cost of the boxes by very much would make them unaffordable to the casual player, resulting in a net loss of Dilithium actually being spent on them by putting them out of reach of a good portion of players.

Making them guaranteed to provide one each of each type token would make them worthless as a Dilithium sink as the Dilithium farmers, who would also be the only ones that could even afford them to being with, would only buy the exact number of boxes needed for what they want and then never buy another box again, at least until they upgrade the contents to include some item they don't have.

Lockboxes (actually keys to open them with) bring in loads of money for Cryptic for the sole reason that people are quite willing to drops loads of cash into keys to open boxes in the hopes of getting a particular shiny (or exchange loads of Dilithium for Zen in the exchange to get keys, keys which someone spent real money on to begin with). A stable Dil exchange rate means that even casual players can generate enough Dil to buy Zen to buy keys.

All of that Dilithium to Zen going on in the exchange works best when the amount of excess Dilithium in the game is at a relatively stable range. Too much Dil=too high of an exchange rate = only dedicated Dilithium farmers have enough Dil to get Zen = Zen sales drop as people wanting Dil quit spending real money on Zen they can't trade and Cryptic loses money/profits. Not enough Dil = too low of an exchange rate = only a few true whales are willing to sell Zen for the small amount of Dil gained = Zen sales drop and Cryptic loses money/profits.

Phoenix boxes work great as people with loads of excess Dil are willing to dump loads of Dil into boxes in hopes of getting a particular shiney. All that excess Dil being removed from the game stabilizes the Dil exchange which directly translates into more real cash being spent on Zen.

As people say about the lockboxes. If you don't like the odds, don't buy the boxes, but don't expect Cryptic to alter the business model they have that is working to keep the game alive just for you.

Or I could just being saying all that because I have spent every bit of Dil I had on boxes every time they come out and have, as of last night, now gotten two Epic tokens...both of them from the free box I got on DS9, go figure :)
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png