test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Watch these DS9 Episodes before Victory is Life!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Want to binge some Deep Space Nine before the launch of Victory is Life? These are the episodes we recommend:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10908983-watch-these-deep-space-nine-episodes-before-victory-is-life!

Comments

• Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Excellent idea! With ViL coming, I started watching it again, but having a more narrow list is very helpful. Thanks!
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    insanerandomnesinsanerandomnes Member Posts: 228 Arc User
    Cheers guys. I've seen very few DS9 episodes, this really helps.
    I AM THE HARBINGER OF HOPE!
    I AM THE SWORD OF THE RIGHTOUS!

dark_dreadnaught_by_insane_randomness-d5z6ydl.jpg
  • Options
    stormwaltz2stormwaltz2 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I'd also recommend the Season 3 two-parter "Improbable Cause" and "The Die is Cast," which has a series of spectacular Garak - Odo scenes.

But if I had to pick just one? "In the Pale Moonlight." Possibly the best episode of any ST series.
  • Options
    gingi101gingi101 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I've got exams from 3rd-22nd of June so I'm gonna have to wait till after that to play the content so for the little free time that I will have this is perfect!
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    luckyyahoo wrote: »
    In the Pale Moonlight! Best episode of all of Trek in my opinion.
    I'd also recommend the Season 3 two-parter "Improbable Cause" and "The Die is Cast," which has a series of spectacular Garak - Odo scenes.

But if I had to pick just one? "In the Pale Moonlight." Possibly the best episode of any ST series.

Agreed, the best Trek episode I've ever seen. Absolutely amazing.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    scotslad67scotslad67 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    The links you give are only to a wiki page, nothing to watch, I guess what you mean is to buy the DVD box set?, fyi, outside of the UK isn't allowed to watch streamed content from the US due to copy-write restrictions so even streamed content won't work for us. Sometimes I think you forget that America tends to restrict content, and now, if the trade ware kicks off, we, in Europe will get even more restricted thanks to your glorious leader.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    scotslad67 wrote: »
    The links you give are only to a wiki page, nothing to watch, I guess what you mean is to buy the DVD box set?, fyi, outside of the UK isn't allowed to watch streamed content from the US due to copy-write restrictions so even streamed content won't work for us. Sometimes I think you forget that America tends to restrict content, and now, if the trade ware kicks off, we, in Europe will get even more restricted thanks to your glorious leader.

Get netflix, and drop the political bs
    bringing you back to the characters, locations and stories of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for the first time in 25 years

Shouldn't that read 'in 19 years?'

• Options
    shakkara#1077 shakkara Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Rocks and Shoals is probably one of my favorite Dominion episodes.

I sure hope the expendable nature of Jem'Hadar and the contempt with which the Vorta treat them is reflected in the game.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I'll just break out my ol' DS9 DVD sets...
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This is what people in the marketing biz call synergy. Nicely done on the 10 episode list too.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Anyone watching the entire series will want to remember strong coffee and fast forward button for the last episode to get through the terrible music montage added to fill time at the end.
  • Options
    irishhawkdrakeirishhawkdrake Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Battle Lines is episode 12, not 13
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    The links you give are only to a wiki page, nothing to watch....

I was going to say this.
  • Options
    setalia#9914 setalia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I'll take any excuse to watch DS9 episodes.

I've been slowly going through all of the Trek series during the past three years. I finished DS9 earlier this year. This is my favorite series so far.

I started Voyager recently, and also rewatching DS9 just because I love the series.

On a slight tangent, which Voyager episodes should I watch that are related to the STO content? I skipped ahead to watch the Scorpion 2-parter. As for my regular series progression watch, I'm up to Season 2, Episode 5 (Non Sequitur).

Love and Peace
    Seta
    Love&Peace
    Seta
  • Options
    mikoto8472mikoto8472 Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    I've been meaning to watch some DS9 on the run up to ViL. Most of these are a good list though I refuse to watch any of the silly Ferengi based episodes.
  • Options
    setalia#9914 setalia Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    mikoto8472 wrote: »
    I've been meaning to watch some DS9 on the run up to ViL. Most of these are a good list though I refuse to watch any of the silly Ferengi based episodes.

There is one episode that has the Ferengi sent back in time and they are the Roswell aliens. Hilarious episode.

Love&Peace
    Seta
  • Options
    dmb311dmb311 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Battle Lines is episode 12, not 13

Came here to post this.
  • Options
    nrobbiecnrobbiec Member Posts: 959 Arc User
    I would like to join the love boat regarding the masterpiece that is In the Pale Moonlight.
    The links you give are only to a wiki page, nothing to watch....

I was going to say this.

No Battle Lines is episode 13. Emissary is 2 episodes.
  • Options
    friendlyfire2012friendlyfire2012 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    "Duet"
  • Options
    dmb311dmb311 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Starship Down is S4E6. Not S4E7

Edit: At least by Amazon Prime marking.
  • Options
    snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    I'll just break out my ol' DS9 DVD sets...

2bgxyj.jpg

Downloads are illegal.

Netflix has some minor edits here and there because most episodes are still the "TV version", some episodes on the discs are extended.. On the Blue-Ray TNG we got the extended episode of the "Measure of a man" which is now around 90 minutes long.

But yeah, a lot of conversations are cut from the Netflix version because the episodes are the TV version and needs to be specific length for airtime.

Plus they have other issues..

And if you all bought like.. Huge ammounts of DVD's and Blue-Ray's from Paramount.. Maybe they'd have the money for making Voyager and Deep Space 9 into Blue-Ray instead of them telling us the sales of said Blue-Ray's like TNG and TOS was... Disappointing..

• Options
    mark9722mark9722 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    they are on hulu
  • Options
    scotslad67scotslad67 Member Posts: 4 Arc User

Get netflix, and drop the political bs
    bringing you back to the characters, locations and stories of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine for the first time in 25 years

Shouldn't that read 'in 19 years?'

It's not political bs, it's a fact and netflix costs more than buying the dvd's second hand so don't go there. I was pointing out that the post said to 'watch' but the links given were to a wiki page, i.e. contradiction. Seems like you have a nit-picking attitude as you have picked up on 2 separatist posters and what you think is a correction. By 25 years, he/she means from the first episode and not the last.

However, I am looking forward to this new expansion and will continue to play it as free as I can since I don't have the money/plastic credit card pretend money to throw at the game
  • Options
    lokharnolokharno Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    Just wanted to say a big thank you to the STO team for this list. It's very handy to have a rundown of the episodes most relevant to Victory Is Life -- especially for those of us who could use a refresher on some of the key plot points, but for whom "Just watch the whole show because only 20% is painfully bad!" is not helpful guidance. The links to Memory Alpha are also very useful. Their episode recaps are often all that I need to jog my memory ("Oh, right...that one!") without necessarily needing to devote the time to watching the whole thing, and they can also remind me which episodes actually were good enough to watch a few more times. Kudos!
  • Options
    chastity1337chastity1337 Member Posts: 1,606 Arc User
    Sometimes you guys really hit the nail on the head. Posting the list of relevant episodes was definitely one of your better ideas.

Thank you.
  • Options
    wuchisanwuchisan Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Seeing "What You Leave Behind" on the list makes me wonder if Sisko, The Emissary will play a role in the game. Could the writers be hiding something? Is it possible that Avery Brooks could even lend his voice to the new series? Hmm....
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Stop your digital download sub for whatever reason and you lose access which is why hard copies are much better to have.

Not reliant on an internet connection that might struggle or 3rd party service, just stick the disc into a drive and you're good to go.