test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Grab some Defiant Wallpaper Ahead of Victory is Life!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Just in time for Victory is Life, grab some Defiant MSD wallpaper for your desktop, courtesy of @Suricarta!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10908973

Comments

• worgausworgaus Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    Interesting point about the dual quantum torpedo launchers, something that I've felt has been missing from the Defiant ever since they put it in the game. It got its quad cannons, so why are the launchers still conspicuously absent?

That said, it looks good.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Very VERY cool & much thanks for the work involved in creating & sharing this with us!
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    Isn't Tim's handle @suricata ? :smile:
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    <3 Love the MDS! <3

The Defiant is one of my favorite starships, and the flagship for my RP adventures. ;)

I may need to pull it out when ViL hits Holodeck. :)
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • lordkaballordkabal Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Can we get a size listing for the wallpapers so we know which one to grab for our display size?
  • highroller#1145 highroller Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Weird... All i get on the Imgur website are some black, empty boxes... :/
  • thesnowbullthesnowbull Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    > @worgaus said:
    > Interesting point about the dual quantum torpedo launchers, something that I've felt has been missing from the Defiant ever since they put it in the game. It got its quad cannons, so why are the launchers still conspicuously absent?
    >
    > That said, it looks good.

yes, looks good on my monitor.. Though the missing detail I'd have thought a little more relevant to the crew is their quarters..
  • vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    Fine artwork, and a VERY gracious gift, Mr. Davies! Both your talent and your generosity are appreciated! Thank you, sir!
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    Thanks but any chance we can get some at modern resolutions. These are to small to use on my 8 year old screen.
  • hawkeyenfo117hawkeyenfo117 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    They still have the impulse engines somehow at the back end of the ship, when you can see them pretty clearly on the exterior just inboard and aft of the blue glowing warp nacelle parts. I think a top-down (or "dorsal plan") view would make more sense for the Defiant-class (if you had to choose just one graphic), since a whole bunch of the systems overlap each other when viewed from the side.
  • hawkeyenfo117hawkeyenfo117 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Also, there are some JPEG compression artifacts on the images; is there a PNG version? Thanks!
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Its now the wallpaper on my phone.
  • nickarcher404nickarcher404 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Beautiful!!! So... Now that we know this ship is only 100m, does that mean we could get our first full ship interior?! :D
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    Thank you Suricata! Huge image (3840 x 2160) and very hi-res. It's my desktop now! =D

LINK: https://i.imgur.com/quwhZRo.jpg

quwhZRo.jpg
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • suricattasuricatta Member Posts: 230 Arc User
    They still have the impulse engines somehow at the back end of the ship, when you can see them pretty clearly on the exterior just inboard and aft of the blue glowing warp nacelle parts. I think a top-down (or "dorsal plan") view would make more sense for the Defiant-class (if you had to choose just one graphic), since a whole bunch of the systems overlap each other when viewed from the side.

The main exhausts of the impulse engines are shielded at the back. All the cross sections and deck plans (which were visable on the show) have it like this. I like to think that the red glows at the side are additional exhausts for excess heat from the impulse reactors, but the main impulse exhausts are shielded.