test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Direct 3D crash when trying to load Tribble

crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
I am getting the following error when trying to load Tribble:
"Fatal Error: Direct3D driver returned error code (DXGI_ERROR_UNSUPPORTED) while creating D3D device."

I am not getting the same issue with Holodeck, so I'm not sure what's going on. In fact, Holodeck is running just right.

I am running Windows 10 with:
DirectX 12
NVidia GeForce 9800GT video card with 4GB memory
AMD Phenom II x4 810 processor with approximate speed of 2.6 GHz

Lighting 2.0 is not supported by my video card, either
Lifetime Subscriber since 2010

Comments

• realclarealcla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I am also having this issue. I hope this gets resolved soon.
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Yeah av still same issue. Would be nice to have some sort of info if it’s gonna be that the next expansion won’t work on certain machines or setups or if it is a bug on their side and they are aware of it
  • crioijoulscrioijouls Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    I hope it gets resolved soon. Since Holodeck is working just fine, I wonder if it's a bug. When I hit "Engage" from the launcher, my screen blinks for a second, and then I get the error message I described. It doesn't even get into the Cryptic loading screen with the progress bar running across the bottom of the screen, so I can't even change my video settings in-game for Tribble.
    With the 5/2/2018 patch, this Direct 3D issue is persisting.
    Same here so I’ve uninstalled and now just re installing see if that has any effect. Then i’m out of options I don’t think there’s anymore trouble shooting I can do if it doesn’t work
    Well did the re-install no effect at all same error again. Getting quiet concerned if this is gonna happen on holodeck when it’s moved
    edited May 2018
    Jordan, we both may have to just get new video cards... I hate to think that, but... I put the note in the 5-2-18 Tribble patch notes topic. Knowing that re-installing won't fix it, I won't try it.

If it does crash Holodeck once moved, I'll probably scream.
    Well I re installed it and still same issue, holodeck loads fine. I’m using a laptop a don’t think I can upgrade my only option is to get another machine. I only play this game. I bought this laptop to replace the one I dropped by going on the system requirements page and double checking because I know they changed them and my system should meet the min at least so if they are wrong they need to be updated
    I’m gonna get a cable for my old machine and plug that into another display and then see what happens. Aaaaahh stressed out now lol
    Well I tried my other laptop this one has a nvidia GeForce 8200m g card in and 4gb ram running windows 10 system dx12
    display dx11.1
    64 bit
    2.10ghz intel

And this machine I was on Tribble just a few days before the big patch dropped
    Is it working now?
    No, not on either machine. I have no idea how a raise a ticket because I can’t get into the game so I sent one to arc support and they sent be back to forum but no idea if anyone is aware of the problem because I think I’ve only seen 2 other people apart from us comment on having the same issue. I’ve been on google to see what it could be and how to fix and all I can find is mixed answers
    https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnWFYDqZvSPSbGdUpJzfv7CSQB8

this is a link to the full specs of my laptop. not sure what info the devs need
  • assimilatedktarassimilatedktar Member Posts: 1,708 Arc User
    Same problem here. If that hits Holodeck the games is finished, but that seems to be what they're preparing for anyway.-_-
    FKA K-Tar, grumpy Klingon/El-Aurian hybrid. Now assimilated by PWE.
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    Yep, I’ve been on google spoken to Samsung looked on windows website everything possible. They did away with subs so am thinking they may be adjusting minimum settings
    What’s annoying is that no one far as I know has said yeah we are aware of the problem and looking into it or no it’s not an issue with the game it’s your system no longer meets the required settings anymore
    New update, still the same problem...
    Sometimes, if you want to bury the hatchet with a Klingon, it has to be in his skull. - Captain K'Tar of the USS Danu about J'mpok.
    Ditto. Just tried it, and it ain't working. Holodeck runs just fine, though, so that really bothers me that one of them is off-kilter.
    May have to uninstall some of the updates. Hopefully, the guys at Cryptic can figure out a fix on this.
  • realclarealcla Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    I hope it gets fixed before June for Victory is Life.
    Well, I'm definitely not investing in any Gamma Vanguard Packs before this is fixed and they give stats for the contents...
    Welp, now it's happening for me with Holodeck...
    I'm curious if the new patch today is going to fix Holodeck. The one on Tribble did nothing.
    edited May 2018
    Whatever this patch did, it fixed my issue for Holodeck. Nothing for Tribble yet. I don't think they applied a similar patch for Tribble... :(:(:(:(:(:(:(
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    At least we know now that it is indeed a bug. The Holodeck patch included a fix were crashes would occur on Window 10 & 64-bit devices.

I'd love to play and bug-hunt on Tribble already, but it looks like we gotta wait until the right Tribble patch drops.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
    So far, I can now use Tribble. I think it was an unmentioned patch on Tribble that fixed it. It took the 5-22-2018 patch to fix it
  • woerligenwoerligen Member Posts: 261 Arc User
    Still crashes when trying to load the Jem'Hadar char.
    Leipzig University, 1409-2409
  • awesometificawesometific Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    was working fine playing my jemhadar and then started getting the crash last night and just tried today and getting the same crash.
    Fleet Admiral Marcus Red-Six