test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How would I make a stationary destructible object?

Hey guys. Just wanting to make a VERY simple mission in which there are some stationary objects that don't fight back or anything (asteroids, satellties, disabled ships, or something like those). The purpose is for when I test the visuals of new weapons that I acquire and make videos demonstrating them. It's a lot easier to show what they look like if you don't have another ship firing back and moving around. Thanks.

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    Hey guys. Just wanting to make a VERY simple mission in which there are some stationary objects that don't fight back or anything (asteroids, satellties, disabled ships, or something like those). The purpose is for when I test the visuals of new weapons that I acquire and make videos demonstrating them. It's a lot easier to show what they look like if you don't have another ship firing back and moving around. Thanks.
    sadly that option is not avaible in the Foundry, closest is if you set the ships/NPC to "timid" where they won't aggro until shot at but that's the best we can do atm.

• captainkorakcaptainkorak Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Wow that stinks. Really wanted an option to just be able to casually fire weapons at something for my demo videos.

Are there any good story missions with such objects? Can't stand trying to demonstrate a beam or torpedo with an annoying NPC lighting up my shields and such.

Wish the game would just let us "dry fire" our weapons in open space.
  • snowwolf#0563 snowwolf Member Posts: 1,018 Arc User
    Fleet Holding K-13 has random asteroids that fly around that you can fire upon.
  • thegreendragoon1thegreendragoon1 Member Posts: 1,872 Arc User
    How we've done this in the past is to set up an intractable object labeled "Beam Aboard Explosives". On complete, set the object/ship you're exploding to despawn and set an explosion FX object to spawn in its place. It will look like your explosives took out the base.