test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Playable Cardassian Species Feedback Thread

Comments

• terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    > @strangelem said:

> Unfortunately we won't see the playable Union at this point :( The only good thing about that is that I'm not really missing it if would have been another Romulan Republic.
    > But at least we can have the species and most ships (I think only the Hideki is not yet playable, but I suppose it will end up in Lobi boxes sooner or later.).
    >
    > And yes, very good theme music.

Cryptic really messed up with Romulans (story & faction wise). The Cardassians should have been the (Republic) Democratic Union with Garek rebuilding. The Romulans should have stayed as RSE being sneaky and using their guile, evading the Federation/Klingons that are invading their territory by force and attempting to asborb them in their pacifist collective. With D'Tan hounding you with a fleet of Vulcan ships and the Tal Shiar trying to assert control over you too. Despite the odds you survive through them all and find a new home away from the pecking vultures of the Alpha Quadrant. TRIBBLE the Republic version.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    > @strangelem said:

> Unfortunately we won't see the playable Union at this point :( The only good thing about that is that I'm not really missing it if would have been another Romulan Republic.
    > But at least we can have the species and most ships (I think only the Hideki is not yet playable, but I suppose it will end up in Lobi boxes sooner or later.).
    >

Cryptic really messed up with Romulans (story & faction wise). The Cardassians should have been the (Republic) Democratic Union with Garek rebuilding. The Romulans should have stayed as RSE being sneaky and using their guile, evading the Federation/Klingons that are invading their territory by force and attempting to asborb them in their pacifist collective. With D'Tan hounding you with a fleet of Vulcan ships and the Tal Shiar trying to assert control over you too. Despite the odds you survive through them all and find a new home away from the pecking vultures of the Alpha Quadrant. **** the Republic version.

I think they should have offered a choice. The Romulan missions hint at siding with the RSE in a couple of missions with the alternate accolades. It's just too bad they didn't implement those in a way where the accolade you choose to complete in those leans you towards the RSE and the Tal'Shiar or the Republic. It would have provided more replay value to the whole half of a faction and I wish this concept was applied across both sides with Section 31 on the Fed themed content and Klingon Intelligence KDF side.
  • cassilda#7197 cassilda Member Posts: 86 Arc User

> @strangelem said:

>

Cryptic really messed up with Romulans (story & faction wise). The Cardassians should have been the (Republic) Democratic Union with Garek rebuilding. The Romulans should have stayed as RSE being sneaky and using their guile, evading the Federation/Klingons that are invading their territory by force and attempting to asborb them in their pacifist collective. With D'Tan hounding you with a fleet of Vulcan ships and the Tal Shiar trying to assert control over you too. Despite the odds you survive through them all and find a new home away from the pecking vultures of the Alpha Quadrant. **** the Republic version.
    jcsww wrote: »
    > @strangelem said:

>

I think they should have offered a choice. The Romulan missions hint at siding with the RSE in a couple of missions with the alternate accolades. It's just too bad they didn't implement those in a way where the accolade you choose to complete in those leans you towards the RSE and the Tal'Shiar or the Republic. It would have provided more replay value to the whole half of a faction and I wish this concept was applied across both sides with Section 31 on the Fed themed content and Klingon Intelligence KDF side.

Yes I agree. Romulan Star Empire or a choice between RSE and the Republic would have been so much better.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    I think the storyline made that pretty much impossible, with the RSE being a dying empire.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
    tyler002 wrote: »
    I think the storyline made that pretty much impossible, with the RSE being a dying empire.

It's not really dead is it though? They have like two colonies already established by this point as new home world for the Empire. Rator III being the capital and Achernar Prime. Them losing Sela doesn't constitute for all of them dying. Despite what ever blarney Feds say they didn't slaughter themselves to extinction and it was exaggerated heck of lot. The organisation that really got hit hard was the Tal Shiar. So you could say they are the ones in decline/dying.

I wrote whole wall of text explaining it all it great detail but it got purged just like J.J did to Romulus. Suffice to say ton of people keep confusing Romulan Republic to be this semi-powerful state (albeit not as powerful as Feds/Kling but still a powerhouse) when in reality it is a small insurgent/terror group led by self proclaimed messiah complex D'Tan and his megalomania quest to make every Romulan become pacifist like him. In no way shape or form does the Romulan Republic represent the entire Romulan race. They are minority. Not the RSE.

At any rate I treat the whole Romulus destruction as bad alternate universe (including STO) It helps me sleep knowing that my favourite race didn't get annihilated by deranged film director.​​
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    At any rate I treat the whole Romulus destruction as bad alternate universe (including STO) It helps me sleep knowing that my favourite race didn't get annihilated by deranged film director.​​

Absolutely true.

• lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Honestly I prefer the Romulan Republic plotline over a hypothetical Romulan Star Empire.
    lordgyor wrote: »
    Honestly I prefer the Romulan Republic plotline over a hypothetical Romulan Star Empire.

yMsGsqy.gif​​
  • wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    lordgyor wrote: »

Same. The Romulan Star Empire is more-or-less dead, little more than a handful of colonies that will never return to their former glory. At least the Republic is growing, both population and technology-wise, and offers some kind of future.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
    I must be playing a entirely different game then to rest of you. Republic still is a small minority that is still building and establishing its one colony. Strong emphasis on the number one. While RSE has several.
    I must be playing a entirely different game then to rest of you. Republic still is a small minority that is still building and establishing its one colony. Strong emphasis on the number one. While RSE has several.

New Romulus is just the capital world. The Romulan Republic does have other worlds under its control, chiefly Hfihar and Crateris. Rhi III is neutral, but it has ties to the Republic, and will likely join in time, since it turned down the RSE's overtures. The Vault also likely counts as a colony as well, seeing as Obisek and his Remans have chosen to make it their home.

May not have as many colony worlds, for now, but that's probably going to change.
    @MGoblin256

edited May 2018
    mgoblin2 wrote: »

New Romulus is just the capital world. The Romulan Republic does have other worlds under its control, chiefly Hfihar and Crateris. Rhi III is neutral, but it has ties to the Republic, and will likely join in time, since it turned down the RSE's overtures. The Vault also likely counts as a colony as well, seeing as Obisek and his Remans have chosen to make it their home.

May not have as many colony worlds, for now, but that's probably going to change.

Sounds like another Vulcan has infiltrated the mighty RSE! Don't make me put on an extra pair of shoulder pads to show off my POWER! :P

Sounds like another Vulcan has infiltrated the mighty RSE! Don't make me put on an extra pair of shoulder pads to show off my POWER! :P

JadedPerfumedCockerspaniel-max-1mb.gif

Here! Here! fellow brother! Let us dispose of these unclean bed-loving Vulcan/Fed rebel republic hippies together! For the Praetor! For Romulus! For the Star Empire!

My Romulan's 24th Century Uniform's shoulders laugh at you :P
    @MGoblin256

edited May 2018

shoulder2.jpg?w=636

Your Fed/Republic master's shoulder pads are puny and limp, while ours are large enough to launch small aircraft from.

(I think we are going way off-topic now, after all this is Cardassian Feedback thread, so back to shouting for Cardassia!)​​

shoulder2.jpg?w=636

Your Fed/Republic master's shoulder pads are puny and limp, while ours are large enough to launch small aircraft from.

(I think we are going way off-topic now, after all this is Cardassian Feedback thread, so back to shouting for Cardassia!)​​

Agreed.

Anyways, my issues with the Cardassians consist of the following.
    • No Soldier Trait. The Cardassians have a strong military history, and it feels very odd that the Soldier trait isn't an option for them (Even as Tactical).
    • I feel like the "Spoons" on the males should be a little bit bigger compared to what we presently have, and a little higher up as well. Gul Dukat's looks like it almost reaches his hairline, while the spoon on mine barely goes half-way. Very noticeable with the "traditional" Cardassian male haircut.
    • The ears seem a little too big as well, or rather they jut out a little too far on the sides it seems.
    @MGoblin256

shoulder2.jpg?w=636

Maybe Cardassian's could benefit from epic shoulder pads! (;
    After the new patch still no proper spoon coloring option for ladies. And, unfortunately, also no more Cardassian creation from the Starfleet or KDF new toon page (I'm not sure if this means simply that as a buy option their are not more selectable for free or it's a bug/oversight).
    The good thing is that there are new female hairstyle for Cardassians, but as I had no male Cardassian saved, I cannot say if there are new options for men too. Unfortunately the haircut I'd like to see it's not in the new one, but at least we got at lest four more (one is from the Cardassian NPCs, two seems new, another one it's a variation from the Natima Lang-like one).
    strangelem wrote: »
    After the new patch still no proper spoon coloring option for ladies. And, unfortunately, also no more Cardassian creation from the Starfleet or KDF new toon page (I'm not sure if this means simply that as a buy option their are not more selectable for free or it's a bug/oversight).
    The good thing is that there are new female hairstyle for Cardassians, but as I had no male Cardassian saved, I cannot say if there are new options for men too. Unfortunately the haircut I'd like to see it's not in the new one, but at least we got at lest four more (one is from the Cardassian NPCs, two seems new, another one it's a variation from the Natima Lang-like one).

Yeah that the one I like: (I posted more images of it on the previous page.
    c6icZt0.jpg

Also want the old npc ones wear and Ziyal. Oh and the Mirror Leeta that some Cardassians npcs have.
    byinfernoslight350.jpg

I watched the last Ten Forward Weekly and it sounds as if there won't be any Cardassian uniforms. They said the ones they are using right now aren't to the highest quality and haven't had the time to redo them.​​

Yeah that the one I like: (I posted more images of it on the previous page.
    c6icZt0.jpg

Also want the old npc ones wear and Ziyal. Oh and the Mirror Leeta that some Cardassians npcs have.
    byinfernoslight350.jpg

I watched the last Ten Forward Weekly and it sounds as if there won't be any Cardassian uniforms. They said the ones they are using right now aren't to the highest quality and haven't had the time to redo them.​​

Perhaps the devs will add the uniforms in the future, as with the playable race I'm sure I'm not the only one interested in them.
    For the hairstyles, I'm hoping they will be adding some more of them, but I suspect we won't have new original one like Ziyal's (that I'd really like much to see).
    edited May 2018
    I have to report another bug with female Cardassians. At the base of the neck there is a clipping error, making a band of black visible between the neck itself and the torso. With some haircut it seems more evident, with other less, but it's always there.

2vvq44w.jpg
    20iick0.jpg
    90umv8.jpg
    2hgzmoi.jpg
    zknz9j.jpg

I could not reproduce it with men because I did not register a Cardassian male and new Cardassians are no longer allowed on Tribble, being a paid feature. So I suggest to look them also.
    Post edited by cassilda#7197 on
    I have to report another bug with female Cardassians. At the base of the neck there is a clipping error, making a band of black visible between the neck itself and the torso. With some haircut it seems more evident, with other less, but it's always there.

2vvq44w.jpg
    20iick0.jpg
    90umv8.jpg
    2hgzmoi.jpg
    zknz9j.jpg

I could not reproduce it with men because I did not register a Cardassian male and new Cardassians are no longer allowed on Tribble, being a paid feature. So I suggest to look them also.

Can confirm that the clipping error exists for men as well.

CardTearing_zpse4zdax13.jpg~original

@MGoblin256

Let's hope it will be fixed soon :)

Aye. That, and the lack of the Soldier trait :expressionless:
    @MGoblin256

Aye. That, and the lack of the Soldier trait :expressionless:

They should add that too :)
    edited May 2018
    I've to report another graphical bug after the resolution of clipping issue between neck and torso for Cardassian characters.
    Now when a female character change position with her head, some strange triangular polygonal shapes emerges from the lower part of the neck.

Cardassian_Bug01.jpg
    Cardassian_Bug02.jpg
    Cardassian_Bug03.jpg
    Cardassian_Bug04.jpg
    Cardassian_Bug05.jpg
    Cardassian_Bug06.jpg

It needs verification for male characters, as I have not a male Cardassian registered on Tribble.
    Post edited by cassilda#7197 on
  • zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I wanted to ask if we will be able to get Cardassian Bridge officers too? it would make sense with Cardassian's joining the Federation and Klingon Empire.
    I wanted to ask if we will be able to get Cardassian Bridge officers too? it would make sense with Cardassian's joining the Federation and Klingon Empire.

If they aren't added at launch, we'll probably get them down the line. I HOPE we get them down the line; Really don't wanna use Alien-Gen Cardies for my bridge crew.
    @MGoblin256

• jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    While still at it... how do we get the playable Cardies now anyway? Still not going to buy the super expensive pack, but I do wanna have a Cardie... it might've been answered somewhere, but I didn't see anything...
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    It is my understanding that Cardassians will be a C-store unlock just like the Joined Trill.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix