test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What would you like to see with a Kdf Overhaul?

Comments

• aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    I disagree eleventy billion percent on that last point. You may want only racially-segregated ships but not me.

There is nothing stopping you from making at least your boff set racially pure.

A less "stop liking what I don't like!" suggestion would be an *OPTION* to remove the "wrong" races from your ships' non-boff crew, so random NPCs won't offend you.

Optimal would be if our DOFF's would just populate our ships. But I guess that's just to much to aks for. Ah yeah, and regarding my boff set. Yep, as soon as I get usefull space traits for Klingon Boffs I will do so.

Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Gorn on pogo sticks.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • khan1000khan1000 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Having Klingon Allies as members of the general crews doesn't make a lick of sense. The Naussicaans, Letheans and Orions are mechs working for the KDF, not members of the Empire. The Gorn already have a large fleet and utterly hate the Klingons for conquering them. There's no reason any military commander would mix up Mechs and Nationalistic minorities in the Klingon Empire.
    giphy.gif
    Fear the Dominion
  • talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Personally DAHAR MASTER COATS. And some more uniform options.

Besides that, and I know it won't happen, but actual separate missions from one size fits all after basically Nimbus III. Cardassian arc, bring back some of the old Cardassian missions like finding the Federation ship or stumbling on Tom Riker's son.

In the Delta arc, have the 3 sides do different stuff. Federation does diplomacy, Klingons take the war to the Vaduaar, Romulans do Intel missions.

But I know that will never EVER happen.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • scififan78scififan78 Member Posts: 1,383 Arc User
    We're talking Klingons here, science doesn't figure in the equation, only brute force.

Not true. Without the scientists to research and the engineers to build, the warriors wouldn't have as many weapons to fight with. The Empire should honor their scientists and engineers.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    scififan78 wrote: »
    We're talking Klingons here, science doesn't figure in the equation, only brute force.

Not true. Without the scientists to research and the engineers to build, the warriors wouldn't have as many weapons to fight with. The Empire should honor their scientists and engineers.

7iTz7zW.jpg
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User

But they don't. It makes one wonder how the glorious Klingon Empire ever, literally, got off the ground. The original series Klingons seemed to appreciate technology, and were more even-tempered and cunning. Maybe the whole "honor! glorious death! Q'apla!" stuff was an evolution of their society as the technology advancements came to be taken for granted and a few writings of Kahless were held up over all the others. Similar to how the honor-driven Bushido code was essentially nonexistent in the feudal period but developed as samurai had fewer wars to fight and started writing poetry.
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    saipan2 wrote: »
    fix the fleet pistols so they dont look like sniper rifles, change the academy so its not so desolate.

that is the only reason I don't use fleet pistols they look like rifles
  • shadowkoshshadowkosh Member Posts: 1,688 Arc User
    I guess add the Discovery stuff and yes a T6 Vorcha
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    Gorn on pogo sticks.

LOL! Very funny. :)

But I think I know what the boys really want to see instead.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    T6 Kar'fi and Vo'Quv!

More costumes and hairstyles and loosen up the allowed choices for colors. Ideally remove all costume restrictions so boffs can use off-duty uniforms.

i'm throwing money at the fish carrier
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • sotsogmsotsogm Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Non-Klingon main characters should have dialog options that are less Klingon. Cunning, clever, and snarky responses from others who are part of the empire but don't share the Klingon views of honor and glorious death in battle.

I for one would love this. I get so annoyed when my Gorn has to play lip-service to those absurd Klingon ideals.

• annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,593 Arc User
    aurigas7 wrote: »
    I disagree eleventy billion percent on that last point. You may want only racially-segregated ships but not me.

There is nothing stopping you from making at least your boff set racially pure.

A less "stop liking what I don't like!" suggestion would be an *OPTION* to remove the "wrong" races from your ships' non-boff crew, so random NPCs won't offend you.

Optimal would be if our DOFF's would just populate our ships. But I guess that's just to much to aks for. Ah yeah, and regarding my boff set. Yep, as soon as I get usefull space traits for Klingon Boffs I will do so.

they cant even get the ships crew to be in the correct uniform (the one your captain wears)
    awkward.jpg
    We Want Vic Fontaine
    patrickngo wrote: »
    yeah, a 3 meter tall, terrifying Gorn Female, with wings and a prehensile tail, and long slavering fangs.

maybe blowing fire as she dominates the gorn males around her.

OOOoooo... sign me up for one!! I am gonna name her: Gojira.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I think they went with everyone do the same mission....when they decided everyone is on the same side. So they don't have to spend time doing multiple of anything.

Going through the tutorial with Delta Recruits....it says there is supposed to be Career specific interacts inside missions. That went by the wayside, too.

What would work: stand alone missions attached to different systems (like on the Federation side Patrols). They could make THOSE be stories about the origins (or history) of different races under the KDF Faction umbrella.

Or maybe someone did that for the Foundry already??? It would be nice to have a search that was more robust in the Foundry.

• arcianexidusarcianexidus Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    1. Everything is voiced.

2. Make it feel as though you're part of the racial society. Players don't feel as though they're KDF. I agree w/ the above, that the major races in KDF, need to distinct, and fully fleshed out. Give them reasons why the Orions, and such are actively involved. Also, why is the KDF allowing non-klingons access to their best/newest/top secret stuff?

3. Getting from service to service shouldn't be such a hassle. (i.e. to access shipyard you have to teleport to one place, but everything else on another)

4. Add an arc explaining the aftermath of rescuing Martok & his conversation w/ Kor. That would also mean an eventual Kor & Worf interaction.

5. In Klingon society, your house is everything. If the player is Klingon, which house do they belong to? Could they choose? How can this be used to tell a new & better story? What would the other race choices get, that would similarly add immersion?

6. Fed's seem to get the best ships, traits,etc and this needs to end. KDF factions needs to stop feeling neglected.

7. Adjust the dialog options, or at least explain why the player at such a low rank, is being given missions directly from the chancellor himself.

In all, there is so much wasted potential w/ the KDF faction as a whole, it is truly disgusting.
    edited May 2018
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    \
    They should add to it, though. Its end sort of leads to nowhere.

Don't worry, it is coming.

There is dialog inside the Fek mission that says something to the effect that the Fek are related to the Hur'q. And with the Hur'q being resurrected for the "allies" to deal with.....

Took this pic last week....while running "The Gates of Gre'thor" on one of my Delta Recruits.....
    I think that got added along with changes for Iconian things...I think.

Yeah, it was that far in advance of this Hur'q stuff was still on the back burner....but I think, they been planning to add any popular storylines and using it in some way for all players to access, eventually. Less work on them to come up with new stuff...unless it was bylines for marketing purposes in Dev Blogs.
    IRPDZki.jpg
    Post edited by where2r1 on

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    No. Fek is fine. First City is fine.
    Put a bank and Exchange up in the Shipyard.
    Interestingly one of the less talked about aspects of ViL is a minor rework of Ty'Gokor. The rework is very minor and actually removes the kiosk you have to run around when you enter the main area. The NPCs that were there got moved to stand by the hologram.

The main thing i'd like to see is a revamp of the customization options for Letheans and Nausicaans. They don't look terrible. But when you look at their options it's kinda like they're incomplete.... also need females. just imagine a female Lethean in a bikini on Risa. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    Interestingly one of the less talked about aspects of ViL is a minor rework of Ty'Gokor. The rework is very minor and actually removes the kiosk you have to run around when you enter the main area. The NPCs that were there got moved to stand by the hologram.

The main thing i'd like to see is a revamp of the customization options for Letheans and Nausicaans. They don't look terrible. But when you look at their options it's kinda like they're incomplete.... also need females. just imagine a female Lethean in a bikini on Risa. :D

They already removed the big desk as you walk in the door at the Qo'nos Shipyard and moved the ship requisition person to the ship display console. They did this at the same time as they moved some NPCs around in the ESD shipyard....and one of the Fed guys got demoted from being at a station at the desk to go stand by the windows.

It is now empty except for the Orion Used Ship Salesman contact for the mission "The Hunt is On". Just standing facing the wrong direction in the middle of...nothing. LOL!

Perfect place to stick Bank, Mail and Exchange terminals, now.

++++++++++++++

They didn't make Vortas or Changelings or Female Jem'hadar models for a new EXPANSION. They barely have the Cardassians working right. I don't expect to see Female version of Letheans, Gorn, or Nausicaan added to the KDF list.

I expect, they are going to continue on with the bad decision they made a while back of: everyone gets the same thing (or you get nothing at all). That was one of my complaints in that thread Borticus started.

Everything in the game is now one big giant blob. Absolutely a huge bore. LOL!

• velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Can we finally get a Transwarp option to Ganalda Station for KDF players? If there is one thing that is needed, it is that.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    •General equity with the Federation such as number of uniforms, ships ect.

•Melee only challenge floor. Repeatable with much harder enemies. PVP and Co-Op option of this.

•Homeworld update (Qo'nos & academy)
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited May 2018
    Something I suggested to our Community Manager was hopefully they will FIX Gorn Very Rare Bridge Officer's.

For the longest time Gorn's (Very Rare) Bridge Officers start out as a Purple, even though they only list but a single Superior Trait identical to Rare Bridge Officers, while a Very Rare is supposed to have two.

Once added to your crew they again show as only a Blue Bridge Officer quality, likely because they only have but a single Superior Trait.

Yet if you have a Federation Captain who earned Level 4 in Diplomacy: Today there the only ones who can have a Gorn Bridge Officer (Very Rare) that has two Superior Trait's and shows properly as Purple.

So hopefully they finally get that FIXED for Victory is Life.
    0zxlclk.png
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User

7iTz7zW.jpg

...and then the geek activates the self-destruct remotely, sending the dishonorable thieves to Gre'thor.
  • kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    This thread is motivating me to roll another KDF character, specifically, a Klingon. As for why a Klingon would allow a non-Klingon to serve on his ship, I offer you the answer any of my KDF characters would give you...

"THEY FIGHT!!!! If you want to challenge him or her in single combat for his or her station, go ahead. But when he or she wins, he or she may claim command of your ship as a prize. Anyone who serves on my ship must first pass the rite of ascension and earn their place as Klingon warrior."

As for Klingon scientists, they are honored by Klingon culture, and this is canon. Beverly Crusher once met a Klingon scientist who was honored as one of the best. (She also shoved Crusher to the floor when she thought her honor was being challenged.) Any decent KDF strategist knows that science is a necessary part of space travel and space combat. Science was used to great effect by one of their strongest opponents, the Federation (and possibly others). Science is also needed in fighting new enemies, like the Borg and the Undine. I will concede that warriors may receive more honor, but science and scientists have their place in the KDF.

There are a lot of great ideas in this thread, too many to list. I'll mention one, though. I love the idea of emphasizing the Houses. A character could choose a House, perhaps by doing a KDF only mission, or queue of some sort. The reward could be a uniform and a dagger specific to that House (bound to character, or course). This goes back to my old and often repeated request for the game to include daggers, and not just Klingon ones.

I also want to say that the KDF being part of the alliance is fine, but remember what it was like when the Klingons were "at peace" with the Federation in canon. Even in the best of times, they were on the verge of war, and some of the houses wanted to instigate it. Oh, and I like the title of General better than Dahar Master, but that's just me.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,301 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    You want a one stop shop for the KDF side without all the wandering...go use Ganalda Station, right next to the KDF Starbase.

Between the Ganalda Station and KDF Starbase, you have everything right there, if your fleet unlocked it.

No recruitment officers for Doffs.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    7iTz7zW.jpg
    ...and then the geek activates the self-destruct remotely, sending the dishonorable thieves to Gre'thor.
    Or they don't read the manual(which might not exist), thus accidentally blowing the ship up.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    questerius wrote: »
    No recruitment officers for Doffs.

Yeah, that is why I was saying: Fleet Starbase...which is right next door to Ganalda.

It has all the Recruitment and Gorn/Orion/Nausicaan Personnel officers. But your fleet have to unlock them.