test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Space & Ground Points

pryor#5476 pryor Member Posts: 567 Arc User
Just retrained Space and Ground points for 300 ZEN.
I need just a few more Space Points to get where i want to be, can i buy them for ZEN or buy them at a Fleet Store ?

Im at lvl 60 so i can only earn Captain Specialization points ....... I need to retrain those but didnt see an option for it as i have jacked those up real bad.
Discord: Pryor#2941

Comments

• protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,982 Arc User
    Space and ground skill points are of a fixed number so you can't purchase more. Spec points aren't re-trainable... choices made here are permanent.

The STO Academy Skill Planner or Tribble are both good ways to allocate or test skill points respectively.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Skill points are the old way of doing a skill tree with limits in place to try and encourage some sort of build diversity, not something tacs online excels at after they homogenised the classes to how they are now.

Spec points are a newer for of skill tree where in truth there is no tree and instead of pushing for diversity it's there to keep folk grinding levels.

Buying skill points and therefore power at an in game store would be blatant P2W style store cynicism, even though being a predominantly PVE game the term P2W has less meaning.