test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Quality of Life Suggestion - "Relist" button

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I like playing STO but spend too much time on the exchange. When I get an exchange item returned to me in the mail, I'd LOVE an option to relist it at the same price or even the option to list it 5% lower. That would save time finding an exchange console and figuring out what the right price should be. I think this would be a huge improvement in part because we would get to play more STO and do less exchange maintenance.

What do you think?

Comments

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Getting yourself a cheap d'kora or have an alt or two parked by an exchange
  • indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    No, I would like the ability to relist returned items quickly without using the exchange to figure out how much to list it for. Going to a D'Kora would take longer.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    The problem is you can't guarantee that 5% will even put it in a position to sell. I once put something up to sell... only for it to come back after a week, and the going rate actually dropped 25-50%

While it would be nice... better to be able to monitor the exchange prices and post accordingly rather than just a quick repost button that drops the price automatically by 5%.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Why don't you price things so that they'll actually sell instead?
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    It's hard to know what price will sell and you want to get as much as you can. I'd like a way to quickly and easily relist items.
  • vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    the funny thing is that most players do not know how the exchange works. if 300 people put a master key in for 4.3, and then i come in and put mine in for 4.3, mine will sell first. instead you see 4.29,28, 27 because they feel they need to price lower to undercut.
    Spock.jpg

indyshark wrote: »
    It's hard to know what price will sell and you want to get as much as you can. I'd like a way to quickly and easily relist items.

I don't see how it's hard to know but ok. You can easily search prices to see what they are currently listed for. If you keep relisting the same item above the going rate it will never sell.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • yakodymyakodym Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    If anything, I would introduce a pocket device that could give you mail/bank/exchange access anywhere - A ground version of the Trade Freighter you can call in space.

Other than that, since you already need to go to a Mail terminal to get the unsold item, you might as well go to one that's right next to an exchange terminal.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    I'd just take it being held in the Exchange for pick up or relisting rather than going into your mail. So long as it cuts out a trek between the two points, that would make it a little nicer.
    yakodym wrote: »
    If anything, I would introduce a pocket device that could give you mail/bank/exchange access anywhere - A ground version of the Trade Freighter you can call in space.

Other than that, since you already need to go to a Mail terminal to get the unsold item, you might as well go to one that's right next to an exchange terminal.

Neverwinter has something a bit like that tied into their vip system that STO seems likely to be adopting as indicated by some of the preview footage from tribble and the removal of paid subs.

The exchange in sto has always been on the clunky side so a more complete overhaul of that would maybe be a better thing to ask for. More likely to get done that a lot of the other QoL tweaks the game needs as the exchange does help drive keys and zen coming into the game.
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    Yeah, honestly it never made sense to go to the exchange to sell something, and to be able to take it down from sale through the exchange. However when it fails to sell it goes to the mail terminal instead of staying in the exchange for pickup.​​
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    bloodyriz wrote: »
    Yeah, honestly it never made sense to go to the exchange to sell something, and to be able to take it down from sale through the exchange. However when it fails to sell it goes to the mail terminal instead of staying in the exchange for pickup.​​
    I agree.

It's especially backwards at some point they went to great lenghts to jury rig a link between the exchange return mails and the sales slots so you'd have to pick up the items from the mail before being allowed to list more...when they could've just made the items stay in the exchange UI in the first place just tag them "expired."
    That's why I suggested the d'kora which has the amenities needed and takes no time at all for a swap starship and visit to the bridge.

Or an alt parked somewhere like drozana where the mail and exchanges terminal can be accessed without moving more than a couple of inches.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Or an alt parked somewhere like drozana where the mail and exchanges terminal can be accessed without moving more than a couple of inches.

Probably still too far?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Yes, the two seconds needed to get from the mail terminal to the exchange terminal is way too long.

Personal opinion, the Devs don't need to waste their time dinking around with the exchange (and possibly causing some unforeseen glitches) to add a new "I'm lazy" button. If you don't feel like taking the time to mess with the exchange, then don't mess with the exchange. I do it all the time. I've got toons with returned exchange items still in their mail box from a month or more ago just because I've felt more like exploring the galaxy blowing stuff up than spending time in the exchange.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
    Just remember that there is a mailbox limit of 200 items. If you have more than that in all of your characters, the returned items are lost. That's why I keep clearing my mailbox all the time
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    STO's Exchange is a nightmare of inefficiency!
    (or should it be 'nightmare of efficiency'? Is 'nightmare of inefficiency' a double negative?) :D

With how other things have been 'improved' by the Devs I shudder to say this... the Exchange needs to be rebuilt from scratch. I mean really, there are FREE addons to WoWs Auction House that put STO's 'professionally' built one to shame! I can scan WoW's 47k auctions in a few seconds & know what the lowest price of anything is in my tool-tip just by mouse-over.

For STO I'd be ecstatic to be able to keyword search 2 words that weren't linearly connected. Can I find all the Disruptors with PEN? Hell no! Can we find any Security Officer with Resolve? Hell no! There have been a few times when to find something YOU HAD TO KNOW HOW THE DEVS MISSPELLED IT TO FIND IT! :#
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    indyshark wrote: »
    and do less exchange maintenance.

What "market" are you pandering to? The one that's trying to earn more then vendor but less than "stock" price (aka most vendor trash), or the "profit" markets (keys, rare items) that "most" exchange PvPers are actually engaged in?

If it's the first, that's a lot of work for something that most likely would be best vendored instead of relisted. If it's the second, you honestly expect an auto-relist to let you "win" the exchange PvP?
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User

Some things just aren't going to move. There are items that you almost can't give away, given that everyone else is trying to dump the same thing even at bargain prices. If Cryptic had the time and inclination to tackle the matter, the exchange could sure use a bit of tweaking. That along with many queues that are about 90% dead most of the time is a fact of life, if we all want new story content. I admit to have carried items for far too long that I was never actually going to be able to sell or to use, so I just made my piece with deleting TRIBBLE that is of no benefit to me. As an aside, I also began to delete lock boxes as they accumulated and honestly, I don't miss them. Lock Box fodder makes up much of the stuff that can prove problematic to sell anyway. Bye bye to that cash drain and no more keys to purchase either. This is called a "win-win" for the enlightened gamers willing to focus on the tier six ship or ships that they already have and remember, there will be at least an event or two per year where by doing a daily grind, you get one for free. This is how you take back a little power for yourself in this otherwise fun game.
    edited May 2018

Some things just aren't going to move. There are items that you almost can't give away, given that everyone else is trying to dump the same thing even at bargain prices.
    There's a trick to getting around this. Sell your stuff to NPC Vendors. And as you said about lock boxes, lol, just discard them. Relisting does nothing to solve the "problem" of items that are priced too high to sell.

For the items that are too cheap to bother selling and cannot be sold to NPC vendors, be a good guy and gift them to someone in your fleet that's less fortunate than yourself.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User

+1. If you can't sell something for a certain price all the way until it expires, a 5% discount isn't going to make it sell. Do like 20% less than the lowest price and you won't have that problem.
    Stuff priced for the weekend market will always struggle to sell during the week when prices tend to dip on all but the most popular gouges.

Exchange prices just show what folk would like for a thing not what it'll actually sell for.