test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding Dificulty Setting....

bcstarbcstar Member Posts: 333 Arc User
Just currious if you switch from regular setting to elite, does the gear and ship items from PvE story quests/drops become better?? still figuring things out but I am currious on these settings. i have 3 characters Tac, Science, And a Engineer all only level 5. All I am questing currently is the Story Arc. Thanks!
klingon%2Bbird%2Bof%2Bprey.jpg

"bortaS bIr jablu'DI' reH QaQqu' nay'"

Revenge is a Dish, Best Served Cold ~ Khan Noonien Singh

Best Answer

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Answer ✓
    I did not notice it when I switched to Advanced...at least, not on the story stuff.
    It may change things with the Queues/STFs and other team related things, though.

So, I switched back to Normal because I got sick of the "repair" function.
    Try it and see if you notice a difference....doesn't cost you a thing but repairing.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Answers

• arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I tried advanced with a new toon in the hopes of getting better drops for gearing him up. Overall, I got a (rapload of white/common gear and drops of anything other than common were few and far between. I was filling my entire inventory on almost every mission with nothing but common gear. Went back to normal mode, nowhere near as much gear dropping but what did drop was mostly rare or better instead of almost all common.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    To clarify this completely:
    Story mode - No difference, you might get slightly more dilithium but if that is still the case, it's extremely minor and can be ignored in favor of a more balanced/fluid experience.
    Queues - Increase in number of marks and reputation reward (each has one item that is exlusive to advanced and up for higher level repuation gear) aswell as higher level R&D Boxes as a queue reward.