test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where's Nerys?

I've thoroughly enjoyed exploring the revamped DS9, as I'm sure all of us have, but I'm even more intrigued by the changes to NPCs around the game.
Recently, I was playing through "Temporal Ambassador" for the first time on a new character, and was surprised to see that Ambassador Skyl was replaced with Elim Garak. I've also noticed that Quark seems to have replaced Hadron, and recently discovered that in "The Ultimate Klingon" P'Trell has been replaced with Julian Bashir. While I don't know for certain, I'm pretty sure Eraun has been replaced with Weyoun in the Cardassian story arc episodes. That just leaves one question:

Where's Kira? I've checked DS9 and Bajor, and so far she seems to be the only DS9 character unaccounted for. Has anyone found her?
e0M7OhA.png

Comments

• blankminded6blankminded6 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Probably haven't added her in yet, and afterall, she's the Kai, maybe she's not at DS9 yet ;)
  • mike03ucmike03uc Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    That makes good sense, and the thought had certainly occurred to me (after all, we've only seen President Okeg once). However, having found all the other characters peppered into existing episodes made her absence...conspicuous. Perhaps they're saving her introduction to be a major draw for the new content?
    e0M7OhA.png
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Yeah, I don't think it is easy to fit her into the story. But perhaps she is near the Orb on Bajor?

Unrelated, but what about Skyl's other appearances? (2800, on the sphere...)
    Yeah, I don't think it is easy to fit her into the story. But perhaps she is near the Orb on Bajor?

Unrelated, but what about Skyl's other appearances? (2800, on the sphere...)

Given what we've seen from previous canon character introductions, I am fairly certain that Skyl has been replaced in every one of his appearances.

As for Nerys, I checked the temple on Haathon, and she's not there. I had wondered if they'd replace Vedek Krin with Nerys, but the Vedek is still there.

e0M7OhA.png
  • sirboulevardsirboulevard Member Posts: 722 Arc User
    She is present in "The Temporal Front" mission along with most of the other (Garak, Rom, Prime!Leeta).

Also to the guy asking about Rugan Skyl: he's totally gone now. Just Garak.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

TRIBBLE Hydra! Hail Janeway!
    edited May 2018
    She is present in "The Temporal Front" mission along with most of the other (Garak, Rom, Prime!Leeta).

Also to the guy asking about Rugan Skyl: he's totally gone now. Just Garak.

Hooray! We found Nerys! Makes sense that Rom would be there (and I suppose that Leeta would be with him). I had also been pretty sure that Garak had completely replaced Skyl. Thanks for the confirmation!

RIP Ambassador Skyl, 2012-2018.
    e0M7OhA.png
    Thanks, it looks like they're really weaving them in far more than they did with the Voyager cast. I'm guessing Quark replaces all instances of Hadron in missions (and apparently the tutorial Ferengi too) - I'm wondering if he replaces Qwen too?

I bet some interactions will have changes as a result of this - I can't imagine the Skyl-Bajorian argument on the sphere being the same with Garak and Kira, for instance.

One thing I'm really loving about STO now is we're getting character crossovers that we never got while the shows were on the air!
    Just Plain, Simple Garak.

FTFY
    Thanks, it looks like they're really weaving them in far more than they did with the Voyager cast. I'm guessing Quark replaces all instances of Hadron in missions (and apparently the tutorial Ferengi too) - I'm wondering if he replaces Qwen too?

I bet some interactions will have changes as a result of this - I can't imagine the Skyl-Bajorian argument on the sphere being the same with Garak and Kira, for instance.

One thing I'm really loving about STO now is we're getting character crossovers that we never got while the shows were on the air!
    Just Plain, Simple Garak.

FTFY

I have a feeling the Garak/Kira argument would be far more entertaining. Perhaps at the conference in "Surface Tension" they'll give Garak another name tag that reads "Elim Garak: Former Cardassian Oppressor".
    e0M7OhA.png
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    > @mike03uc said:

> Given what we've seen from previous canon character introductions, I am fairly certain that Skyl has been replaced in every one of his appearances.
    >
    > As for Nerys, I checked the temple on Haathon, and she's not there. I had wondered if they'd replace Vedek Krin with Nerys, but the Vedek is still there.

That would be because Hathon isn't Bajor's capital, it's just a major city. Kai Kira would be in Ashalla. http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Ashalla
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • nikkobrisbanenikkobrisbane Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    She is in the temporal Front mission as one of the delegates, as is Garak and Rom/leeta duo.
    starswordc wrote: »
    > @mike03uc said:

> Given what we've seen from previous canon character introductions, I am fairly certain that Skyl has been replaced in every one of his appearances.
    >
    > As for Nerys, I checked the temple on Haathon, and she's not there. I had wondered if they'd replace Vedek Krin with Nerys, but the Vedek is still there.

That would be because Hathon isn't Bajor's capital, it's just a major city. Kai Kira would be in Ashalla. http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Ashalla

That had occurred to me (I hadn't actually checked Memory Beta, and Memory Alpha didn't have a capital listed). However, as the capital hasn't been shown in STO, and given how other characters had been replaced, I had suspected they might replace Vedek Krin with Kira. Obviously, as she is a head of state, the way they've factored her into the story works much better.
    e0M7OhA.png
    mike03uc wrote: »
    Obviously, as she is a head of state

Spiritual leader. She's not head of state or government, just a space Pope. The First Minister is the head of state & government. Even if the Kai has a great deal of influence, it is unofficial.