test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Changing ship type

I'm working on the 3rd chapter of my mirror universe story and I'm at a part where I want an NPC ship to be a contact for dialog then afterwards to be an enemy and I'm not quite sure how to pull this off, any advice?
"As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
njflWNG.jpg
Post edited by richyrich1991 on

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Easy way: despawn contact NPC, spawn-in hostile when appropriate.

If the hostile is a kill objective you will be limited in what alternatives you might consider. However, none of these involve changing NPC properties during a mission. That's simply not supported in the Foundry. What you'll have to use instead is a substitution of one kind or another to pull off this scenario. :)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Use an interact objective (Invisible prop) as the objective then set the contact ship to de-spawn when said objective is complete while at the same time having the enemy ship spawn at the same time.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    What I would do is have a dialog with the contact, though it doesn't literally have to be "dialog with contact" a pop-up dialog will do as well as an objective (it can be as simple as "you found me now die!") and have contact NPC despawn when that dialog is done then have the hostile NPC group spawn when the next objective starts, if done right it'll seem as seamless as you can make it in the foundry.