test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

prisoners with dominion fugitive trait re-claimable?

cyther77cyther77 Member Posts: 90 Arc User
I'm told if you use them on assignments where they would be removed from your roster (like forced labor doff assignments for example) you can reclaim them either at the Klingon or Starfleet Academy, is this true? Which NPC is it you need to talk to, at those places?

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Those come from another DOFF assignment... called "Strike Against Fugitive Network". I find this all the time, without a problem.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Strike_Against_Fugitive_Support_Network

Wiki says there is another DOFF assignment that rewards them called: "Raid Safehouse of Facility 4028 Fugitives". I have never looked for it so not sure how often it shows up.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Raid_Safehouse_of_Facility_4028_Fugitives

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • cyther77cyther77 Member Posts: 90 Arc User

So, you're saying that's the only assignment you know of (besides the one from the wiki you've never tried/found) in which you can get the reusables?

cyther77 wrote: »

So, you're saying that's the only assignment you know of (besides the one from the wiki you've never tried/found) in which you can get the reusables? Otherwise I'm not quite sure what your answer has to do with what I asked.

So, you're saying that's the only assignment you know of (besides the one from the wiki you've never tried/found) in which you can get the reusables? Otherwise I'm not quite sure what your answer has to do with what I asked.

edited May 2018
    sorry quote system was really confusing me, it showed me 2 or three copies of the area where I put my message. I'd delete those reposts if I could.
    edited May 2018
    YES... I find the Dominion Fugitives when I crit the "Strike Against Fugitive Support Network". I usually end up with 3-4 of them sitting in the Brig, after a time.

Did you read that Wiki entry? It tells you the prizes.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Yeah...that is crazy how Vanilla Forums / ARC combo does to posts here on STO.

where2r1 wrote: »
    YES... I find the Dominion Fugitives when I crit the "Strike Against Fugitive Support Network". I usually end up with 3-4 of them sitting in the Brig, after a time.

Did you read that Wiki entry? It tells you the prizes.

Yes, the wiki says you get them for doing the mission, but what I was asking is if they are reclaimable (someone told me from the academy) if you use them on missions that you lose them on, such as forced labor requistion ones. I bought one on the exchange (a blue prisoners with the dominion fugitive trait) and used him on, now I can try to reclaim him, if that's possible
    Ok, so I collected one of the rewards for a forced labor requistion and the prisoner went back in my brig instead of disappearing, so if that's what always happens that settles it. I wasn't asking where you get those prisoners (I bought that one on the exchange) but what happens to them after you use them on assignments they'd normally go away on.
    I think this is a bug, that hopefully they fix. It may seem nice to have reusable prisoners, but I need the brig space for ones I get with marauding missions, If I had 20 of them, I wouldn't even be able to accept the rewards for a marauding doff mission as my brig would already be full.
  • ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    ... but what happens to them after you use them on assignments they'd normally go away on.

Well fer'sure if you exchange prisoners with the Dominion the prisoner goes away and you get a Gamma Quad DOff. That's usually what I do with my extra Dominion fugitives (I keep two of each race for other assignments). I think I accidentally sent a Dominion prisoner on a labor camp mission long ago and since they aren't common quality didn't die but that *was* a very long time ago and I honestly can't be sure of that. I never tried doing that again to verify that they don't die since I prefer the prisoner exchange missions.

If you're trying to get rid of Dominion fugitives I'd suggest the https://sto.gamepedia.com/Assignment:_Exchange_Prisoners_with_Dominion mission which you can pretty much always find from your operations officer as long as it's not on cooldown.