test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Two Ships Join the Gamma Vanguard Pack!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We're adding the T5 Cardassian Galor Cruiser and the brand new T6 Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier to the Gamma Vanguard Pack! Preorder now to have all this when Victory is Life launches!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10896344

Comments

• Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    Wow, a carrier, I like it.. soon it will be mine.. but the gamma Vanguard Pack is too expensive for me... :neutral:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »
    Wow, a carrier, I like it.. soon it will be mine.. but the gamma Vanguard Pack is too expensive for me... :neutral:

Same. £100 ish is a lot. I already got LTS month ago. plus spent bunch on ship packs. Still least they added another 2 more ships. Galor is awsome for when I make that Cardie down the line. But until they add the Cardassian Union uniforms I won't be tempted.... well almost.... either that or there is a discount on release.​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    gaevsman wrote: »

Same. £100 ish is a lot. I already got LTS month ago. plus spent bunch on ship packs. Still least they added another 2 more ships. Galor is awsome for when I make that Cardie down the line. But until they add the Cardassian Union uniforms I won't be tempted.... well almost.... either that or there is a discount on release.​​

I got LTS about 6 months ago, I don't regret it at all, and also buy a lot of ships, it's too much to pay upfront for this pack, I can pay for all, but one at a time.. :smiley:
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    nice up to 7 T6s now... but if you look at the lineup... it's like these 2 were held back on purpose to be added at a later date. Should of just held back on the T5s and announce adding the T5s all at once.
  • Options
    stark2kstark2k Member Posts: 1,467 Arc User
    Why T5 Galor and not the T6 Keldon, would have been a better deal across the board, as you can already convert the Keldon to a Galor and vice versa with the T6. I mean for the price of the pack, the T6 Keldon would have been the better choice.

Please add Cardassian armor in this bundle, please.
    StarTrekIronMan.jpg
  • Options
    stark2k wrote: »
    Why T5 Galor and not the T6 Keldon, would have been a better deal across the board, as you can already convert the Keldon to a Galor and vice versa with the T6. I mean for the price of the pack, the T6 Keldon would have been the better choice.

Please add Cardassian armor in this bundle, please.

T6 is lockbox. They are only adding the depreciated T5s to the package. Which is why I think they shouldnt of held back on the T6 and not list any of the T5s. Then announce the T5s as a perk/bonus.
  • Options
    mcalexev123mcalexev123 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Your a saint, Kael! Give us those Cardassian uniforms too and I shall be indebted to you lot forever. \o/
  • Options
    starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    Can we get a Vorta BOFF or a Keldon to sweeten the deal? Ships are cool but a Vorta would do better than these IMO.​​
  • Options
    phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I have 14500 Zen saved up for this, so I'll be getting this pack shortly after release, assuming Cryptic puts it in the C-Store like the others. I'm expecting around the 15-16k Zen range for this pack, if it's the same as the others. Though I guess it could be around 13k zen, since it's slightly cheaper.

I'm also of the opinion this was already planned, and is a marketing stunt. :smiley:
    Post edited by phoenix841 on
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    looks like the galor is pre order only hmmm.
  • Options
    thestargazethestargaze Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    > @cross821 said:
    > looks like the galor is pre order only hmmm.

Why?
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    > @cross821 said:

Why?

This slightly confusing statement:
    Preorder the pack now, and you will also receive the T5 Cardassian Galor Cruiser, and the T6 Jem’Hadar Vanguard Carrier!
    (emphasis mine)
  • Options
    ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    No, it's not preorder only. It comes with the pack no matter when you buy it.
  • Options
    cross821cross821 Member Posts: 185 Arc User

I see. Then they need to change the wording lol
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    oops, accidental reply instead of edit. Ignore this post.
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    Asking again, because I still have not seen it answered: how does this work with the pre-existing lockbox/lobi ship boxes? Does someone who already has the Galor unboxed now get that ship on all characters? Does unboxing an existing, unpacked box grant anything?
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Preorder the pack now, and you will also receive the T5 Cardassian Galor Cruiser, and the T6 Jem’Hadar Vanguard Carrier

@ambassadorkael can we please get clarification? Are these two additional ships permanently added to the Vanguard pack, or will they only be bonus add-on's for those who pre-order the pack? And if the latter, any telling on when the "pre-order bonus" will end?

I plan on buying the Vangaurd Pack, I just prefer to wait until May 25th. I might be able to grab it sooner if I had to, but I'd rather wait.

Edit:
    Looks like Kael answered while I was typing my message:

Excellent news. Thanks!
    Post edited by lordhavelock on

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    martakurillmartakurill Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    These additions bring to mind a question...will this Galor provide access to Spiral Wave disruptors, and are they going to be changed at all from their current awesome state?
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    I'd like ot know if this unlocks the Spiral Wave Disruptors too.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Preorder the pack now, and you will also receive the T5 Cardassian Galor Cruiser, and the T6 Jem’Hadar Vanguard Carrier

@ambassadorkael can we please get clarification? Are these two additional ships permanently added to the Vanguard pack, or will they only be bonus add-on's for those who pre-order the pack? And if the latter, any telling on when the "pre-order bonus" will end?

I plan on buying the Vangaurd Pack, I just prefer to wait until May 25th. I might be able to grab it sooner if I had to, but I'd rather wait.

He already said:
    ​​
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    jabofneurospinejabofneurospine Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Really happy to see a carrier added, finally something (probably) science focused for the vanguard ships.

Really curious about if the t5 ships will be available outside the vanguard pack though. It's great to see them added back into the game outside of lockboxes, but if they're exclusive to the vanguard pack that would be quite a paywall.
  • Options
    Asking again, because I still have not seen it answered: how does this work with the pre-existing lockbox/lobi ship boxes? Does someone who already has the Galor unboxed now get that ship on all characters? Does unboxing an existing, unpacked box grant anything?

There is no change at all. You have them as one off ships from a lock box. This does not change at all. You only get the account unlocks if you buy this pack. Lock box ships are all 1 off ships. If you have the old Dom T5 boxes... unload now or watch the value plummet even further.
  • Options
    lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User

He already said:
    ​​

Thanks @terranempire. Apparently he answered while I was typing my message (I got interrupted and it took me a while to get back and finish typing, lol). I have edited my post. Excellent news. I look forward to getting my pack at the end of the month. Yay!

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • Options
    gespensterjaegergespensterjaeger Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    We're adding the T5 Cardassian Galor Cruiser and the brand new T6 Jem'Hadar Vanguard Carrier to the Gamma Vanguard Pack! Preorder now to have all this when Victory is Life launches!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10896344

thats all nice and good but what Point is the Carriers if you cannot use the frigate hangar pets on them ?

there is no jem hadar attack ship tier 5 nor any other attack ship that unlocks the frigate hangar pets so why should people buy this to only get half the ships ?

I Think cryptic can get aloot more customers especially old ones like me if they aktually put some effort and give us the frigate unlocks on this pack i mean 125 euro or 145 euro depending on your Place of purchases and STILL no frigate hangar pets..........

Sry cryptic but im not buying this untill the frigate hangars unlock are in the pack as well.
    If only they fix Cloaking bugg :( *new message BOOM decloacked.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Can we get a Vorta BOFF or a Keldon to sweeten the deal? Ships are cool but a Vorta would do better than these IMO.​​

I've made some Vorta boffs in the alien creator that look really good so it's not a too big of a deal for me.
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I'd like ot know if this unlocks the Spiral Wave Disruptors too.

I cant imagine it wouldn't unlock them but I don't have a good imagination sometimes.

Noticing a lot of comments about the carrier. Both T5 jem ships in the pack have hangars already. However, I really like that there are a number of jem ships with hangars. Going into a STF with four other dreadnought/carriers with loads of JHAS hangars* flying about would really feel like a unique experience. Almost if we are the ones coming out of the wormhole to invade DS9.

*unlocks for them aren't too hard to get now with the phoenix pack.
  • Options
    centapeedcentapeed Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    i think AT this moment the price is right.. I have found the output of there story archs and the work they are putting into this well worth this price. its not just about the ships they put in. its also the little caviates. - IMO - Capt Sckitz out
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Very good use for a ship that has been eliminated from Lockboxes. As a player who has had 2 Galors since the very first run of Cardassian Lockboxes I have no problem with this.

Agreed. I bought a T5 lobi store dreadnought that is included in this pack and also have no problem that it is included. Now if they were doing a freebie giveaway of these ships I wouldn't like it but this is a good call.
  • Options
    blazeritterblazeritter Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »

There is no change at all. You have them as one off ships from a lock box. This does not change at all. You only get the account unlocks if you buy this pack. Lock box ships are all 1 off ships. If you have the old Dom T5 boxes... unload now or watch the value plummet even further.

Based on their track record, I don't doubt that they would actually do this, but do you have an actual source? Would having this break buying the pack in some way? Is it confirmed that this "new" Galor will unlike the spiral disruptors?

Plenty of questions that I have seen asked but not yet answered by actual Cryptic/PWE.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    phoenix841 wrote: »
    > @cross821 said:

Why?

This slightly confusing statement:
    Preorder the pack now, and you will also receive the T5 Cardassian Galor Cruiser, and the T6 Jem’Hadar Vanguard Carrier!
    (emphasis mine)

I'm pretty sure they're just pushing you to pre-order. The Galor should be included if you purchase the pack later. I'm saving up, so that's what I'll have to do is get it after the release.
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk