• 20 Shared Bank Slots............ 2000 Zen
    • 5 Captain Retrain Tokens..... 1275 Zen
    • 2B Energy Credit Cap........... 500 Zen
    • Then PER TOON.......
    • 30 Inventory Slots................ 1000 Zen
    • 60 Bank Slots....................... 1500 Zen
    • 2 Bridge Officer Slots........... 250 Zen
    • Total......................................6791 Zen

And you can get all that for 1500 Zen. Quite a deal even if you only have one toon! Better grab it before Cryptic realizes they made it waay too cheap! :D Hell, even if all you need is the Account Bank slots, it's a deal vs the normal way to buy them!

Edit: So I bought it. My main toon has bank slots maxed out so couldn't claim the 'per toon' part; bummer. :/ Wish they'd just let you Claim it and anything that exceeds the limit just got lost.

But my 7 other toons could claim it. So for 1,500 Zen I got 22,791 Zen worth of stuff if I had bought it separately! :o And I'll get 2750 Zen worth of slots every time I make a new toon.

And really I only spent 1000 Zen since I just got my LTS 500 stipend a couple days ago.
    Post edited by dracounguis on
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    leemwatson wrote: »
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    bernatk wrote: »
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    For the value of the Elite Starter Pack itself I haven't crunched the numbers yet, but I'm sure someone already has. I plan to itemize the cost of the services included in the Elite Starter Pack at full cost then another itemization at -20% cost since I never buy anything unless on sale then compare the three.

now that will be hard. You buy now and grind out an additional delta. And that scales very well with how many toons you have.
    Anyway I think this pack well worth it even without sale or delta recruit.

I agree it should be a better value, as long as nothing is maxed, with more & more characters for the 1500 zen.

I just can't help the feeling that with Cryptic this is some sort of one two punch yet to come & this is just the jab since this Elite Starter Pack really doesn't make subscribing obsolete especially with the zen stipend & the potential of more retrain tokens for one's characters.

Cryptic should automatically bump-up to the next tier of subscriber rewards based off of the 100 day intervals for whichever players that are not already subscribed, but had been subscribers in the past. It should be rounded-up too of course as part of a friendly company gesture. It should include the current subscribed players that probably will eventually cancel their subscription too. Otherwise, Cryptic is pretty much stating thanks for your investment of money now here's a middle finger towards finishing any tiered goal unless LTS.

For the value of the Elite Starter Pack itself I haven't crunched the numbers yet, but I'm sure someone already has. I plan to itemize the cost of the services included in the Elite Starter Pack at full cost then another itemization at -20% cost since I never buy anything unless on sale then compare the three.

A big loss is the ability to acquire that 500 zen monthly stipend unless one is a LTS or already currently subscribed.

Throughout the years if I recommended STO to anyone I'd always recommended subscribing for a month as well when leveling toon(s). Since that option will be extinct I won't & it's tough to recommend a LTS given the current state of STO with the ever-increasing inflation in-game over the last year & the ever-more gambling mechanics.

You cannot put a value on the Elite pack simply because it gives a one-time per character reclaimable pack of inventory slots, bank slots, and boff slots.

And no, Cryptic does not need to bump sub rewards up for anyone, especially those that are still subbing. They are not losing out.

It is easy to place a value on the Elite Starter Pack. It involves calculating all the services/items included in it then comparing it to the prices available by other methods of acquiring them. Pretty simple actually, leemwatson. The beginning part of the Elite Starter Pack is a one-time account-wide claiming then for all current & future characters there are a couple of more services/items that are claimable per character. For your: "And no, Cryptic does not need to bump sub rewards up for anyone, especially those that are still subbing. They are not losing out." Nowhere did I ever say, "need", & I explain the difference between those subscribing & had subscribed. You need to place a couple more skill points into reading comprehension, leemwatson. Thanks for playing.
    • 1 Character Slot.................... 266 Zen
    • Then PER TOON.......

And you can get all that for 1500 Zen. Quite a deal even if you only have one toon! Better grab it before Cryptic realizes they made it waay too cheap! :D Hell, even if all you need is the Account Bank slots, it's a deal vs the normal way to buy them!

Edit: So I bought it. My main toon has bank slots maxed out so couldn't claim the 'per toon' part; bummer. :/ Wish they'd just let you Claim it and anything that exceeds the limit just got lost.

But my 7 other toons could claim it. So for 1,500 Zen I got 22,791 Zen worth of stuff if I had bought it separately! :o And I'll get 2750 Zen worth of slots every time I make a new toon.

And really I only spent 1000 Zen since I just got my LTS 500 stipend a couple days ago.

That's the good thing about this package, is that the more characters you have non maxed on any of the services/items it offers the better the value. The one gleaming deficit I see regarding this package is that the Retrain Tokens are not per character but account-wide whereas in comparison by subscribing or LTS you get at least that many per character.

I'm still wondering if this is part of a one two punch combination yet to be revealed because with this package & what it offers the subscription method didn't need to be extinguished.
  • saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    I'm F2P player, and I got 18 characters. The more interesting parts is I got maxed account shared bank slots (for F2P) - 100 slots.
    After I buyed the pack the shared bank slots jumped to 120 :)
    And of course I got to claim the "per character" part on all my 18 toons :)
  • lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    > @dracounguis said:
    > * 1 Character Slot.................... 266 Zen
    > * 20 Shared Bank Slots............ 2000 Zen
    > * 5 Captain Retrain Tokens..... 1275 Zen
    > * 2B Energy Credit Cap........... 500 Zen
    > * Then PER TOON.......
    > * 30 Inventory Slots................ 1000 Zen
    > * 60 Bank Slots....................... 1500 Zen
    > * 2 Bridge Officer Slots........... 250 Zen
    > * Total......................................6791 Zen
    >
    >
    > And you can get all that for 1500 Zen. Quite a deal even if you only have one toon! Better grab it before Cryptic realizes they made it waay too cheap! :D Hell, even if all you need is the Account Bank slots, it's a deal vs the normal way to buy them!
    >
    > Edit: So I bought it. My main toon has bank slots maxed out so couldn't claim the 'per toon' part; bummer. :/ Wish they'd just let you Claim it and anything that exceeds the limit just got lost.
    >
    > But my 7 other toons could claim it. So for 1,500 Zen I got 22,791 Zen worth of stuff if I had bought it separately! :o And I'll get 2750 Zen worth of slots every time I make a new toon.
    >
    > And really I only spent 1000 Zen since I just got my LTS 500 stipend a couple days ago.

People will at minimum be able to have 6 toons.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If they're saying that its available but not specifying exclusions says to me its a bug.

If something like the ec cap removal (most obvious possibility) triggers the stores blocker and they don't say that then either bad info in the advertising and working as intended or a bug.

As a LTS I hope they don't introduce the key and swap out the stipend as I have little to no interest in the gambleboxes padded out with useless junk. On the one hand it's a perk on the other its a dangly carrot to lure folk into the gamblebox system.
  • w00qw00q Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Agree.
    I'm also beginning to suspect that Cryptic wants to end this 500 Zen Points/month.
    Once the monthly Gold members are gone, then LTS (Lifetime Subscription) may be their next target.

Most of us are adults playing STO to relax; we don't want to work in the evenings for Zen points!!

I'll quit this STO game when that happens.
    ...As a LTS I hope they don't introduce the key and swap out the stipend as I have little to no interest in the gambleboxes padded out with useless junk. On the one hand it's a perk on the other its a dangly carrot to lure folk into the gamblebox system.
    edited May 2018
    EC cap removed should not block the pack - I had it, and I buyed the pack.
    But I could NOT reclaim the "one per toon" part on characters that got too many inventory slots (propably would go above max number if I would claim it) - too bad - I think the game should then just max whatever it was (inventory or bank slots or whatever) and give other things normally - like the 2 BOFF slots...
  • lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    > @nommo#5819 said:
    > lopequil wrote: »
    >
    > I'm told that LTS players who have already maxed out character slots (possibly the others too) cannot purchase this item. Is this supposed to happen?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > It does clearly state though that whatever services you have already at the max capacity: characters, BOFF slots, inventories etc., this package will not allow you to exceed the max capacity so be weary there.

This isn’t what I said. The person in question can’t buy it at all.
    Q9BWcdD.png
    It should not go above the max allowed slots - just max it. As it is, if you are - in example - 24 inventory slots to max, you can't claim the whole reclaim per toon, because it got 30 inventory slots - so you miss also 2 BOFF slots and 60 bank slots too - on this (example) toon.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    w00q wrote: »
    Agree.
    I'm also beginning to suspect that Cryptic wants to end this 500 Zen Points/month.
    Once the monthly Gold members are gone, then LTS (Lifetime Subscription) may be their next target.

Most of us are adults playing STO to relax; we don't want to work in the evenings for Zen points!!

I'll quit this STO game when that happens.
    ...As a LTS I hope they don't introduce the key and swap out the stipend as I have little to no interest in the gambleboxes padded out with useless junk. On the one hand it's a perk on the other its a dangly carrot to lure folk into the gamblebox system.

Well, if they do like Neverwinter and give you a key a Master Key a day vs 500 Zen a month. I'd have to opt for the 30 keys a month. As it stands now, that's a much better value (if the keys are sellable?) than 500 Zen.

Of course, a flood of free keys on the open market will lower the EC price of keys and thus the demand for buying keys to sell for ~4.5M EC each currently. Or an influx of keys used would mean more lockbox ships so lower EC prices there too. I guess it depends on what Cryptic wants to do and if they think lowering EC prices on the Exchange is a good thing. :/ There are pros/cons depending on who you are.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    ok I can't buy this pack because I have maxed out account shared bank slots... whaaaa I still want to buy it. This is a bug!

You can report it, but it's more then likely not a bug.

This is how STO works with everything on the C-Store.. you cannot buy packs if you already own or cannot receive something in that pack. This is to prevent players from buying a pack and then complaining that they didn't get something that was advertised. It's worked this way for quite a while, so since you cannot receive the extra slots in the pack, you are unfortunately unable to purchase it.

I agree that the measure is in place to keep folks from buying things they can't use or already have is good. But for an item like this, put a warning that says something like, "due to X Player/character having maxed out on Y item, you will not receive everything listed. Do you still wish to go through with the purchase?" If this type of system were in place, I wouldn't be here now complaining because I would have bought the pack, written off the free character slot and still been extremely happy.

Also, why did they bother even putting this tidbit in the announcement if they had no intention of allowing folks who may not be able to use everything?
    Can current subscribers - Gold or Lifetime - buy this pack on top of their subscription for extra rewards?

Yes! However, this pack will not help you go over the maximum number of slots, so please be careful when purchasing.

So I know I can't use everything, you're warning me in the announcement that I won't be able to go over the cap on some things, then when I try to buy, you won't let me. So why bother warning people of something they can't even do? It makes no sense.

Yeah, that's how I was hoping it would work. I'm maxed on character slots but nowhere near the cap on shared/bank/inventory/BOff slots. But, because I have hit the cap for the number of characters allowed on an account, I cannot even BUY the pack, let alone claim the items.

I'm LTS and even if I did lose that extra character slot, I'd be fine with it since the other parts of the pack are an incredible deal. I hope this is an oversight and will be fixed in the very near future.

@ambassadorkael#6946, could you look into this?
    baucoin wrote: »
    Confirmed, lifetimers can gain the benefits from this pack.

Only if you can BUY the pack, which I can't, and I'm an LTS.

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    I agree that the measure is in place to keep folks from buying things they can't use or already have is good. But for an item like this, put a warning that says something like, "due to X Player/character having maxed out on Y item, you will not receive everything listed. Do you still wish to go through with the purchase?" If this type of system were in place, I wouldn't be here now complaining because I would have bought the pack, written off the free character slot and still been extremely happy.

Agreed, putting a big red warning seems preferable to just not allowing people to make the purchase. This problem comes up a lot when they put the Voyager interior in the store because it's only available as part of a pack. So if you already own the ship and just want the interior, you can't get it. The system really needs an overhaul.

The sad part is, I can guarantee you that the reason the system doesn't function like this is because they know that there will always be someone that ignores the flashing red warning and complains and demands a refund anyway. Because a very small number of people would be stupid enough to behave this way, they put measures in place that take it away from everyone.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,197 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »
    ok I can't buy this pack because I have maxed out account shared bank slots... whaaaa I still want to buy it. This is a bug!

You can report it, but it's more then likely not a bug.

This is how STO works with everything on the C-Store.. you cannot buy packs if you already own or cannot receive something in that pack. This is to prevent players from buying a pack and then complaining that they didn't get something that was advertised. It's worked this way for quite a while, so since you cannot receive the extra slots in the pack, you are unfortunately unable to purchase it.

Also, why did they bother even putting this tidbit in the announcement if they had no intention of allowing folks who may not be able to use everything?
    Can current subscribers - Gold or Lifetime - buy this pack on top of their subscription for extra rewards?

Yes! However, this pack will not help you go over the maximum number of slots, so please be careful when purchasing.

So I know I can't use everything, you're warning me in the announcement that I won't be able to go over the cap on some things, then when I try to buy, you won't let me. So why bother warning people of something they can't even do? It makes no sense.

Yeah, that's how I was hoping it would work. I'm maxed on character slots but nowhere near the cap on shared/bank/inventory/BOff slots. But, because I have hit the cap for the number of characters allowed on an account, I cannot even BUY the pack, let alone claim the items.

I'm LTS and even if I did lose that extra character slot, I'd be fine with it since the other parts of the pack are an incredible deal. I hope this is an oversight and will be fixed in the very near future.

@ambassadorkael#6946, could you look into this?
    baucoin wrote: »
    Confirmed, lifetimers can gain the benefits from this pack.

Only if you can BUY the pack, which I can't, and I'm an LTS.

Feel your pain and that is why I was asking for clarification in the subject as well. It would have been proper to make a Twitch roll out on this for Q/A or better communications. Lots of folks are getting confused with this new change. I hope some dev really shows up in here soon to clear things up.​​
    What I found to be really strange is that this is a NEW product not a boring rerun and yet the pack is buried in the middle of the services list rather than on the front page of the store where folk might be able to find it easily.

Yet another display of cryptic showing they lack the ability to do joined up thinking when it comes to promoting anything that isn't a ship.
  • jwilliamswku1jwilliamswku1 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    How do you Reclaim this on your toons?

Found the info...thank you.
  • ancientfighterancientfighter Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    I bought the package and it says I only have 1 retrain token.

Is this a bug? or did they "bless me"?
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Well I went ahead and bought it. 2/7 isn't very good.

1 Character Slot - Received
    20 Shared Bank Slots - Received
    5 Captain Retrain Tokens - Did not receive. Says I have one retrain token still.
    2B Energy Credit Cap - Already had.
    30 Inventory Slots - Can't be claimed even though I have room for more.
    60 Bank Slots - Can't be claimed even though I have room for more.
    2 Bridge Officer Slots - Can't be claimed even though I have room for more.
    It occurred to me as I was running through the mothballed alts to apply the unlocks that ship slots are conspicuous by their absence in a game that pushes ships over content as much as STO does.

Didn't check the retrain tokens as I never use them so would have probably had too many of those for it to apply but from what I saw everything else unlocked fine for the LTS account. F2P had no issues either.

One thing I did discover was I had just shy of 3000 lolinut tokens across various alts which was a big surprise as I tend to skip most of the summer thing between the dodgy surf races and screeching dance caller.
  • kurzoffkurzoff Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Unfortunately we have no ability or way to buy the pack if we have either maxed Character slots or Bank slots or inventory slots, in my specific case its Character slots, this is really very upsetting and disappointing, just raise the Capacity for those things and allow everyone to get it whos with me? vote
    do we need a signature? why?
  • kurzoffkurzoff Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    yeah that would be a good option without the character slots would be good to
    do we need a signature? why?
  • psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    Having read the blog and having read the confusion here, it seems to me that this rollout could have been smoother. Too bad they didn't take more advantage of our Community Manager. Beyond a copy/paste of a blog. Things like this are what CMs are helpful for interpreting. I will wait until next week to see what - if any - clarifications are made more obvious for the players.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • mithrosnomoremithrosnomore Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I'm waiting to see if they roll out the Temporal Agent thing again like they did with Delta recruits.

If they do that then I am going to end up re-rolling my main, so in the meanwhile I am not using/investing in anything that gives a benefit to only a single character.
  • jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    • 1 Character Slot.................... 266 Zen
    • Then PER TOON.......

Pretty much what he said.

I have a handful of newer characters I've been meaning to get some slots for inventory and such, so this came at a great time. Would have been nice if all my toons could have benefitted, but that's the way the ball bounces. And to think I'll get all this for future toons as well! =D

Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • jordan3550jordan3550 Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    > @duncanidaho11 said:
    > jordan3550 wrote: »
    >
    > So I’m just over a hundred days from getting my 1000 day veteran rewards. How will I get my chimera veteran ship with out paying for a lts?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Keep paying for as long as you need to, in the FAQ on the blog it's stated that current subscriptions are not canceled and you can continue them for as long as you'd like for the rewards. If you've just recently canceled (for some reason) and need to re-sub...I might reach out directly to Ambassador Kael. It would have been nice for folks in your position (maybe) to have received some warning that this change was incoming.

I’ve no cancelled a was just aiming to get the ship lol after this months sub Ive 117 days left if I’m right that’s about 4 months of subscription left. I just don’t want to be paying a sub if when I get to a 1000 days a don’t get the vet ship

> @starkaos said:
    > jordan3550 wrote: »
    >
    > So I’m just over a hundred days from getting my 1000 day veteran rewards. How will I get my chimera veteran ship with out paying for a lts?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Contact support to see if they could recommend something to help. They might be nice enough and just bump you up to 1000 days since you are close enough. They should give an exclusive title for any player that get the Chimera without buying a LTS or a costume shirt that says I monthly subscribed for 1000 days and all I got was this lousy T-shirt.

It would be nice if they’d do that id more than happily pay the 4 months upfront which should take me to 1000 days get the rewards and then cancel the sub if they are wanting everyone off subscription
  • charon83charon83 Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    Pretty much what he said.

I have a handful of newer characters I've been meaning to get some slots for inventory and such, so this came at a great time. Would have been nice if all my toons could have benefitted, but that's the way the ball bounces. And to think I'll get all this for future toons as well! =D

This, it's obviously a pack meant for future/more than one characters (especially since we get yet another free slot with the expansion) so it's a nice quality of life update that doesn't hinge on being subbed at the time when you want/have to create new characters.

Was about to sub again once the expansion hits just for the inventory slots, now i got 20 additional acc-bank slots (even though i already got them once the first time i subbed) + character slot (romulan-kdf alligned delta recruit so i have the option for everything now) AND all of that for every future character aswell as some stuff for current characters that were created after i subbed that one time several yeras ago. All in all a very good Quality of life updgrade and a great starting point for new players that were/would have been confused with the whole "what to get if i'd put in 10-20 bucks".

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,313 Community Moderator
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    I'm waiting to see if they roll out the Temporal Agent thing again like they did with Delta recruits.

If they do that then I am going to end up re-rolling my main, so in the meanwhile I am not using/investing in anything that gives a benefit to only a single character.

This is account wide.

You purchase the pack for 1500 and that triggers the account unlocks and a new entry appears in the store that can be claimed on each character once you find it in the middle of the list.

That 2nd pack is for the personal boff, bag and bank slots.
    Well I went ahead and bought it. 2/7 isn't very good.

1 Character Slot - Received
    20 Shared Bank Slots - Received
    5 Captain Retrain Tokens - Did not receive. Says I have one retrain token still.
    2B Energy Credit Cap - Already had.
    30 Inventory Slots - Can't be claimed even though I have room for more.
    60 Bank Slots - Can't be claimed even though I have room for more.
    2 Bridge Officer Slots - Can't be claimed even though I have room for more.

From what I'm hearing in-game chat there are many that aren't able to even buy or aren't receiving all of the services the buyers' think they should be receiving so, hopefully, you & others will be looked-at by Cryptic & then corrections will be addressed when appropriate.