test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help - select shard option is missing from launcher

Help please, if anyone else has experienced this, but my "select shard" option is vanished from my launcher. Its been like this for at least a month now.

aX4JLI4.jpg
3GIYBa2.jpg?1

Comments

• trekfangrrrl#6910 trekfangrrrl Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    Are you a subscriber or F2P? Because currently the test shards have been turned of for F2P accounts.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Are you a subscriber or F2P? Because currently the test shards have been turned of for F2P accounts.

Indeed, while testing expansion content Tribble has been locked to subscribers and lifetime members. F2P players only have access to holodeck (hence the lack of options.)

Test shards will be made available for everyone once again after Victory is Life.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • huijianhuijian Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Indeed, while testing expansion content Tribble has been locked to subscribers and lifetime members. F2P players only have access to holodeck (hence the lack of options.)

Test shards will be made available for everyone once again after Victory is Life.

Thanks for the update, I missed that news. I not currently subbed.
    3GIYBa2.jpg?1
  • kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    Is this the first time they've done this? I swear they did it one other time due to some issues...but also I thought some people were grandfathered in if they had hit "gold' status before it went F2P.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Back when I started playing, the test servers were for testing things, finding bugs, that sort of thing. Nowadays they're apparently some kind of paid preview of stuff already done.

Personally, I stopped bothering with the test servers when they stopped giving rewards for it.
  • vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »
    Back when I started playing, the test servers were for testing things, finding bugs, that sort of thing. Nowadays they're apparently some kind of paid preview of stuff already done.

Personally, I stopped bothering with the test servers when they stopped giving rewards for it.

It's only a paid preview for when they bring out an expansion. Once the expansion has launched, they re-open the server for everyone until the next big expansion. Seasons usually remain unlocked for all.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • tom61stotom61sto Member Posts: 3,636 Arc User
    It's odd that Redshirt is also missing, as usually only Tribble is locked to Gold only during testing. I'm trying to remember back, but didn't the Launcher option stay for Tribble, but you couldn't login to it?
  • seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Yeah, the "test" servers kinda lost their purpose especially since 50-70% of the reported bugs still make it onto the holodeck. Or the rare occasion where something worked completely fine on tribble and then breaks on holodeck.