test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Discovery Klingons

How do I create Discovery style Klingons in the foundry

Comments

• spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,261 Arc User
    For something that's "close enough" for a Foundry mission, I used KDF Aliengen with Nak'hul complexion and standard klingon forehead ridges, and ears that are close to the head though I can't remember what I exactly used. Also I used House Kor as their House armor looks close enough to classic klinks that you could easily get something that's "close enough".

You'll have to play with the head shape and face type but that allows you to get fairly reasonble looking approccimation of a generic DSC klink.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @spiritborn said:
    > For something that's "close enough" for a Foundry mission, I used KDF Aliengen with Nak'hul complexion and standard klingon forehead ridges, and ears that are close to the head though I can't remember what I exactly used. Also I used House Kor as their House armor looks close enough to classic klinks that you could easily get something that's "close enough".
    >
    > You'll have to play with the head shape and face type but that allows you to get fairly reasonble looking approccimation of a generic DSC klink.

What uniform do you mean?
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,261 Arc User
    > @spiritborn said:
    > For something that's "close enough" for a Foundry mission, I used KDF Aliengen with Nak'hul complexion and standard klingon forehead ridges, and ears that are close to the head though I can't remember what I exactly used. Also I used House Kor as their House armor looks close enough to classic klinks that you could easily get something that's "close enough".
    >
    > You'll have to play with the head shape and face type but that allows you to get fairly reasonble looking approccimation of a generic DSC klink.

What uniform do you mean?

For the House Kor ones I used a combination of Bortas and some regular pieces, I can't remember what used atm, that gives something that looks close enough to costumes used in DSC by the House Kor klingons, for other houses dunno, I chose House Kor as it was the closest to what you could easily replicate with current foundry options.

Honestly I'd suggest to experiment here yourself to find something you think is good enough as exact replication is impossible atm.
    > @spiritborn said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    > > @spiritborn said:
    > > For something that's "close enough" for a Foundry mission, I used KDF Aliengen with Nak'hul complexion and standard klingon forehead ridges, and ears that are close to the head though I can't remember what I exactly used. Also I used House Kor as their House armor looks close enough to classic klinks that you could easily get something that's "close enough".
    > >
    > > You'll have to play with the head shape and face type but that allows you to get fairly reasonble looking approccimation of a generic DSC klink.
    >
    > What uniform do you mean?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > For the House Kor ones I used a combination of Bortas and some regular pieces, I can't remember what used atm, that gives something that looks close enough to costumes used in DSC by the House Kor klingons, for other houses dunno, I chose House Kor as it was the closest to what you could easily replicate with current foundry options.
    >
    > Honestly I'd suggest to experiment here yourself to find something you think is good enough as exact replication is impossible atm.

I might not even use the uniforms, I just wanted to show multiple “races” of Klingons
    If only I knew how this was made
    vImx8FL.png

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    You can experiment.

Species: Alien
    Skin type: Reman
    Pattern: pitted (raised up)
    Ears: Ocampan
    Forehead: Klingon
    Nose: Klingon

The rest is slider work.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,309 Community Moderator
    edited April 2018
    Indeed it is. I keep meaning to put this together somewhere in a neater format, but I took some quick pics so you can at least get the settings that I used:

DTVplxK.jpg

2Gd9Byv.jpg

ygCvueg.jpg
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > Indeed it is. I keep meaning to put this together somewhere in a neater format, but I took some quick pics so you can at least get the settings that I used:

Thanks