test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Community Q&A with Jeffrey Combs

sofech#8663 sofech Member, Administrator Posts: 3 Arc User
edited April 2018 in Galactic News Network [PC]
h36jzqk3zs1d.jpg

Have a question for Deep Space Nine’s Jeffrey Combs, who will reprise Weyoun and Brunt in our upcoming expansion, Victory is Life? Now’s your chance!

Post your questions below and we’ll pick some of our favorites.

Comments

• Options
    robdmcrobdmc Member Posts: 1,619 Arc User
    Considering the number of roles you played, did you convince cryptic to make a new character to voice to expand that list?
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Big fan of yours Jeff, your role in Star Trek Enterprise was my favorite, it really boosted some episodes and made them really watchable when you played as Shran the Andorian.

I was wondering what it was like playing as two characters, Brunt and Weyoun over the duration of DS9. Was it exhausting or a really rewarding experience?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    How many times a day does someone mention how awesome Re-Animator is to you?
    (the right answer is: not enough)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    How much do you want to play Thy'lek Shran again?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    roebotsixtyfiveroebotsixtyfive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Which of the characters that you have played on any Star Trek series was your favourite?
    sto_forum_sig_gif_by_roebot56-d9as2al.gif
    If you can't solve it logically, solve it like a moron.

51 + 1 Foundry Character Slots is NOT enough. Some of us love our characters. If I want to buy more character slots, why can't I? I couldn't experience the entire Delta Recruitment event without deleting a character.

The Iconians themselves can't time travel because their memories revert, but there is nothing to say an Iconian couldn't write everything she needed to do on a PADD, pin it to herself, travel back, read the PADD, do the tasks and return. Or just get one of her Non-Herald underlings to go back in time for her.

Want a Star Trek themed starship command fan-made Board Game that isn't fiendishly complicated but not so easy it's a joke? Download mine for free here. https://roebot56.deviantart.com/art/BOARD-GAME-R56-s-Starship-Command-STAR-TREK-Edn-682732468 A Stargate version of the game is available from a link in the description.

Oh yeah, I do Foundry missions for both KDFs and Feds. Just search KSTF (Short for Kinas Special Task Force, where Kinas is the name of the Admiral you will be serving under). The earlier ones are less story based and more combat based, while the later ones have a much heavier story element, but keep the large battles.
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    Are there any plans on you being in ST:Discovery and trying to beat Vaughn Armstrong's number of characters in ST? While I can't fault Mr. Armstrong and love his work in ST, the characters you played personally resonated with me more.
  • Options
    misterperseusmisterperseus Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    Of the 3 make-ups, which 1 was the most difficult to apply or ware, which was the hardest to act through?
  • Options
    captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    If there is one character you could play, from any show, play etc, who would it be?

OR

Have you ever been into videogames?

*EDITED out that third question, it was a bit...infantile.*
    I need a beer.

• Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    Hello Mr Combs, I also loved your work as Shran. Here's my question: Are you pleased with the path the writers chose for Shran, including his family life and faking his own death, or would you have chosen a different path for your character?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    Have you asked for a raise from PWE? You definitely deserve at least double whatever it is they are paying you! Thank you for lending your talents to STO!
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    Mr Combs, which race did you enjoy playing the most?
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      syrupofsquillsyrupofsquill Member Posts: 159 Arc User
      Have you ever considered writing, directing and starring in your own movie?
    • Options
      tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User
      Mr Combs... You, Sir, are the reason that I primarily play Andorians/Aenar in STO, with your top notch portrayal of Shran.

Should Cryptic ask, would you be willing to reprise your role as Shran? Perhaps even by deposing Shon as the Captain of the Enterprise F?
    • Options
      galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
      Who was more fun/interesting to play; The Question from Justice league or Ratchet from Transformers Prime?
      sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
    • Options
      daimonion13#5412 daimonion13 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
      I only want to tell - I really love your acting, Mr Combs! As for questions, I would rather ask the screenwriters - why you didn't made Shran main character in "Enterprise"?:)
    • Options
      salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
      Are you a star trek fan and to what extent? Is there an alien race that you wish you could play on screen, and if so, which race?
      When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    • Options
      achillionuachillionu Member Posts: 6 Arc User
      edited April 2018
      So in a battle between Weyoun Vs Brunt. May it be personal combat (cough), Cunning, or outright treachery. Who do you think would win :)
      Post edited by achillionu on