test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] XP Boost Revamp!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
We're redoing the way XP Boosts work, and you can get more XP for less!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10878854

Comments

• nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Coinciding with the patch notes mentioning the: Grande, Venti, & Large experience boosts. Nicely done, Cryptic. I usually don't use them, but I'm sure many do & will appreciate this new "boost" to the boosts.
  • jarenriccarjarenriccar Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    sophlogimo wrote: »
    I don't know... they basically just cut time to level or gain a spec point by one third. That's not much.

I would have bought some "instant level 50" or "1 spec point" tokens, though.

you forget how big a boost it will be to people who DON'T have years into this game and max level characters out the ears. people who want to play through the whole game cause to them its new. rather than "ugh. gotta grind another dil miner up for that sweet sweet endgame grind"

so yeah, to us, its not that big a deal (though to be fair a third is quite a bit all considered) but to the new people, this got a lot more worth shelling out a bit of zen for.
    27507930894_3855d74146_o.jpg

sophlogimo wrote: »
    I don't know... they basically just cut time to level or gain a spec point by one third. That's not much.

I would have bought some "instant level 50" or "1 spec point" tokens, though.

Those two ideas are very compelling though & I hope Cryptic considers them or reconsiders them as possibilities worth doing.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Does this change apply to previously purchased/awarded XP boosts or only ones purchased/awarded from today on?

I think if I understood the patch notes correctly if you have applied the boost to a character it is as it was. If you have but not applied it will change into the new amount whether previously bought or bought today. Again, not 100% certain, but that's as I read it at least.