test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Nerve Tonic Dance

where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
OK...running through Night of the Comet on my new characters for the Ophidian Cane.... picking up my nerve tonics along the way.

And....well...it is pretty easy to see that the animation for the Nerve Tonic Dance is definitely wrong. LOL! I am getting mostly coughing animation...a few dances a la Disco Ball. But that hip grinding one is gone.
"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    The history of this bug is as follows. On June 21, 2016, two weeks before the launch of "Agents of Yesterday", a new animation system was released on Tribble, leaving scarcely any time for testing.

TRIBBLE MAINTENANCE AND RELEASE NOTES - JUNE 21, 2016
    The animation system has been overhauled from the backend.
    • This overhaul does not alter the animations in game but could produce a number of potential issues we are in the process of addressing.

This change is the source of many animation problems that remain unfixed to this day.

One of the broken animations was the nerve tonic dance. Originally, the dance kept getting interrupted by the character saluting again and again. They fixed the saluting problem, but the "fix" introduced another problem: The second part of the dance is missing. I explained all of this shortly after the "fix" appeared on Tribble.

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13000925/#Comment_13000925
    frtoaster wrote: »
    Here are my observations from testing on the night of July 17, 2016. The following comments apply to both the items named "Nerve Tonic" and those named "Nerve Tonic to Go". The first can be ordered from the bartender before you give Cassidy the type of nerve tonic she wants; the second, after you fulfill Cassidy's request.

1. The nerve tonic remains in your inventory after you use it. It will disappear by itself after about a minute. Alternatively, you can force the nerve tonic to disappear by using it a second time.

2. The animation depends on the type of container which holds the nerve tonic. I'm unsure whether this is intended; I don't remember seeing a patch note about it. Each type of container has a different icon, though the icon doesn't always resemble what the bartender calls it.

"shot glass" (looks like a bottle of Slug-O-Cola):
    - Gives the character a headache.

"mug" (looks like a cup of hot chocolate):
    - On Holodeck, this does nothing. On Tribble, it makes the character fall into a drunken stupor.

"stemmed glass" (looks like a bottle of Saurian brandy):
    - On Holodeck, saluting repeatedly interrupts the dance, causing it to start over from the beginning. After the nerve tonic disappears from inventory, the character will perform the full dance. However, the transition between consecutive iterations of the dance is not smooth. On Tribble, the saluting problem is gone, but the character will perform only the first part of the dance.

"shallow bowl" (looks like a bowl of Ratamba stew):
    - Makes the character cough.

As far as I can tell, nothing has changed since I wrote that post. The second part of the dance is still missing. You can see what the dance used to look like in old YouTube videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Al6L0pC8iH4
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdoTBVIFA04

The second video above was uploaded a day before the new animation system appeared on Tribble.

Edited URL. Vanilla, don't eat my post.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Well, I'm all for the fixing of minor bugs when they give such...ahem, fun results.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Well, something has changed...all vestiges of the original "Nerve Tonic" dance is gone. First half, second half....nothing...the darn thing is completely erased from existence. LOL!

The icons used for the Nerve Tonic in Inventory are of other food items in the game...you have to hoover your mouse over them to see what they actually are or you may end up deleting them as loot for the vendor.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Well, something has changed...all vestiges of the original "Nerve Tonic" dance is gone. First half, second half....nothing...the darn thing is completely erased from existence. LOL!

The icons used for the Nerve Tonic in Inventory are of other food items in the game...you have to hoover your mouse over them to see what they actually are or you may end up deleting them as loot for the vendor.

I realized that you're probably testing this on a male character. If I remember correctly, males and females have difference dances. That doesn't change the fact that the second part of the female nerve tonic dance is still missing. As for the different types of nerve tonics and their associated animations, I documented that in this post:

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/comment/13000925/#Comment_13000925

It might have been an intended change, but it was never mentioned in the patch notes. My post is probably the only place you'll find it documented.
    qVpg1km.png
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,248 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »
    where2r1 wrote: »

I realized that you're probably testing this on a male character. If I remember correctly, males and females have difference dances. That doesn't change the fact that the second part of the female nerve tonic dance is still missing. As for the different types of nerve tonics and their associated animations, I documented that in this post:

It might have been an intended change, but it was never mentioned in the patch notes. My post is probably the only place you'll find it documented.

at least last I checked the dance (called "Dance:Seductive") is avaible in the foundry at least partly if not in full, so it's not been removed of the animation database even if it's unaccessble in Holodeck and yes it is different depending on gender (the special dance is avaible only for females, males use the "club" dance if told to use the "seductive" dance.
    spiritborn wrote: »
    at least last I checked the dance (called "Dance:Seductive") is avaible in the foundry at least partly if not in full, so it's not been removed of the animation database even if it's unaccessble in Holodeck and yes it is different depending on gender (the special dance is avaible only for females, males use the "club" dance if told to use the "seductive" dance.

Is this seductive dance in the Foundry the full dance, or is it the same broken, partial dance we see with nerve tonics?
    qVpg1km.png
  • zurielsevenzurielseven Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Now I'm trying to choose between a Grande or Venti XP Boost Quad Iced Sugar-Free Skim No-Whip Macchiato... *buzz buzz buzz* 'Tween this and the Delta event, we're in business!
  • captainoblivouscaptainoblivous Member Posts: 2,284 Arc User
    Necroooo!
    I need a beer.

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It wouldn't be right if I did not make a comment on a necroed thread...even if it is my own post.

Will this put me in the mirror universe?

• asdfjkadfjkasfasdfjkadfjkasf Member Posts: 345 Media Corps
    Posting in an old thread is surly just time travel, and not jumping universe, but you never know, it could go wrong!

I don't know why they don't just add the dance to the emotes list, that'd make more sense!