test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Celebrate First Contact Day!

13»

Comments

• warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    If I don't put out my workbench fire am I holding up everyone else?
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    warpaint21 wrote: »
    If I don't put out my workbench fire am I holding up everyone else?

I keep trying to put out those workbench fires as I come upon them, but it only lets me put out my own. :/
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    I've got to say I hit my IDGAF point (I Don't Give A TRIBBLE) when my all purple rocket was beaten by a rocket with 2 purples and 1 blue. If you want participation in an event you need to make the result based on effort not RNGesus!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    It's a mix. The best rocket has the best chance of winning, but no guarantees.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • daemonhelddaemonheld Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    Any chance of getting the backpack from the event as a costume piece?
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If they'd taken the time to think it could have been so much better than pointless part collection leading to worthless scanning and pure RNG based launch.

Bench on fire might downgrade or destroy components if left too long.

Colours of parts would actually mean something to the height the rocket goes to. Such as purple engine gives max thrust but more likely to spin out or explode without a better grade hull and stabiliser.

They put more thought and effort into the april fools thing despite the way it never turns up on time for the majority of the globe.
  • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    daemonheld wrote: »

Everytime I see them I keep thinging it's a Risian floater with the anti-grav turned off.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    daemonheld wrote: »
    Everytime I see them I keep thinging it's a Risian floater with the anti-grav turned off.
    It has different texture details. Similar shape and seems to use the same layer.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    If you want to SEE how it works... at least a little bit, click on a rocket before it gets launched and you can watch it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    I've got to say I hit my IDGAF point (I Don't Give A ****) when my all purple rocket was beaten by a rocket with 2 purples and 1 blue. If you want participation in an event you need to make the result based on effort not RNGesus!

The result doesn't depend on anything except showing up. How far the rocket goes is irrelevant. It's just an overgrown firework, it's going to blow up the only question is when. Putting more effort in might, MIGHT make it last a little longer before it blows up but blow up it will. And that's fine, it's just for fun. Nobody's keeping score, everyone gets the same prize.

This is for fun. Relax!

And part of the "fun" is that this is a "pseudo-PvP" in which the participants race to collect 3x purples then get to see which of the players that did so can "win" the launch...

And it can get... disconcerting... to see that after "convincing" the RNG to cough up 3x purples (only happened to me twice this event out of 4 tries), someone who didn't get so lucky can still "win" the "PvP" because the RNG loved them more in the final round...

Fortunately, I didn't have this happen this year, because I noticed that the Blue Rocket doesn't get any "points" off of parts at all, all 3 of the 4 times I played this event this year as "blue" my rocket blew up before an AFKer's rocket did (18 for me, 19 for AFK) no matter whether I had 2xP 1xB or 3xP...

Honestly, if this is going to be nothing more than a "show up for 7-ish minutes and get your reward" type event, can we not have to actually join the queue next year, let Doffing / Admiralty / just standing around for the right amount of time count for the award? Be more "worthwhile" uses of my time than AFKing / roaming the Montana map or *gasp* participating in the event's pseudo PvP and failing from the start because of which player slot I got...
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,443 Arc User
    They need an AFK penalty for the First Contact Event. I have had too much AFKers in my runs, instead of people actually participating. They need to not just stand there but collect the parts, bring them to the workbench, and then assemble them. Thanks.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    If you're unable to slot the First Contact Day project, hold on to your vouchers. We'll have a fix in next week, and you can slot them all at once.

Was the engine supposed to be a character unlock or an account unlock?