test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] New Featured Episode: The Renegade's Regret

Comments

• crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,111 Arc User
    I'm taking it this did not come out today, would have been nice to see a date for when this was coming instead of just the short nothing said but that it is coming blog.

Agreed. It's annoying when they tease new content and make it seem like it's coming in the next patch, but DON'T give any real hint of an actual release date. IDK what their marketing/promotional arm is thinking because I don't think it's a great strategy; and it's not the first time they've teased some new content in this way.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • blassreiterusblassreiterus Member Posts: 1,294 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm taking it this did not come out today, would have been nice to see a date for when this was coming instead of just the short nothing said but that it is coming blog.

Agreed. It's annoying when they tease new content and make it seem like it's coming in the next patch, but DON'T give any real hint of an actual release date. IDK what their marketing/promotional arm is thinking because I don't think it's a great strategy; and it's not the first time they've teased some new content in this way.
    That they didn't put the date on the blog post should have been an indication that it was not going to be release today, the 29th of March. Also, Kael did say (on the livestream he did) that it was part of Season 14.5 and that has no date yet... but it's likely to be launched next week.
    Star Trek Online LTS player.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I signed on tonight...looking for a new FE. But there isn't one.

So, wait...years of never telling us what is going to happen until it happens....
    and NOW we get Advance Warning Blogs???

We need advance warnings of these types of advance warnings.
    ::::evil grin:::
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • tilartatilarta Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    I am also wondering if this is an April's Fool Day joke.
    That they moved the day earlier because nobody takes Cryptic announcements seriously on the day April begins.
    A trick is no good if we know we're being tricked.

If it is a serious announcement, then it's a poorly written one.
    Because it doesn't clarify when the episode is available or should be expected.
    I logged in today expecting to play it because the announcement read like it was already released and ingame to play.
    Maybe after the patch, everyone logs in as Assimilated Snowmen and we get to throw snowballs at everything... including each other.

Unmelting snowballs
    I've never used these, do they work anywhere?
    And do they work outside of winter events/winter wonderland?

Bees like honey, they don't like vinegar.
    Everytime someone makes a character that is an copy of an existing superhuman, Creativity is sad :'(
  • lordstarr2lordstarr2 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    tilarta wrote: »
    I am also wondering if this is an April's Fool Day joke.
    That they moved the day earlier because nobody takes Cryptic announcements seriously on the day April begins.
    A trick is no good if we know we're being tricked.

I logged in today expecting to play it because the announcement read like it was already released and ingame to play.
    Maybe after the patch, everyone logs in as Assimilated Snowmen and we get to throw snowballs at everything... including each other.

Unmelting snowballs
    I've never used these, do they work anywhere?
    And do they work outside of winter events/winter wonderland?

They did but I dont know if that changed
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    tilarta wrote: »

Pretty sure nothing ever gets proof-read by another person. Most of their announcements are poorly written, lacking needed information or have blatantly WRONG info/dates.
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Seems like a pretty short Season with 2 months left to the ViL Expansion. If Season 14.5 is going to have just the new mission and Constable specialization, then it would be better to just scrap Season 14.5, release the new mission when it is ready, and release the Constable specialization with the expansion. Season 14.5 has to be the weakest season ever if this is all we are getting.
  • thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Tzenkethi Captain Neth Parr turned her back on her people to save billions of lives. Now learn why, by seeing the Tzenkethi War through her eyes.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10849804
    “The Renegade’s Regret” will be available to all players level 10 and up (Romulan players must have selected a faction) for a limited time. Afterward, find it in your mission journal to play.

WHEN? Today? Next month? Next year? When can I play this mission?

Why is what should be simple so difficult in this game? I don't see anything about this on the in game calendar either.
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    With the Constable Spec, will we get a pair of six-shooters, a ten-gallon cowboy hat, and chewing tobacco?

Or, more than likely, will we have to open lockboxes for those...?

If we do, then “I’ll be your Huckleberry”.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • nebfabnebfab Member Posts: 672 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I was actually surprised it was announced this week, and kind of relieved when they didn't actually go live with it Thursday. I mean, a never-before-used (I suspect it's more than what Q or a "personal holoemitter" does) mechanics that substitutes your character with a four-armed creature sounds... Quite risky. Thursday before the Easter weekend is not a good time to release stuff like that, for player sanity's sake if nothing else.

The more time they have to look over it one extra time, and if possible, put it up on Tuesday, not Thursday, the better.
  • captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    Wouldn’t it be great if we could control one of our boffs in certain missions. The captain or higher ranking officer in Trek canon didn’t always accompany the away team.
    But only in certain missions should this be an option, not like using your boff on social hubs like esd and such.
    Now these boffs can not be leveled or anything like your main toon, just a basic boff toon to play with with the gear you gave him or her.
    Could this be feasible? It could mean a change in boffs in general, idk.
    Thoughts?

i said this back in november so yeah ;)
  • meshlavoss#8582 meshlavoss Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Yeah, there was no date attached. Love the idea of the episode, though. Can we please have a date?
  • czechmarkczechmark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    I was so fascinated by the novelty of the idea, but I'm beginning to think, as others prior have posted, that it's an early April Fool's Joke...
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Season 14.5 will be released on April 3rd and I’m assuming this will be too
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »
    Playing as an NPC? Interesting.

Time to write down my trait set-up, since they still haven't removed the trait unslotting feature from using new ships.

Hmmm, what if we got to play as the Captains of the ST TV series, without VO (so they don't have to worry about how much would be needed to fork out the clams to hire them)?

As much as I would love to play as Kirk or Spock I seriously doubt that CBS or Paramount would allow players to play as cannonized characters.

That being said there are plenty of great characters that Cryptic has come up with that would be awesome to play as including the Enterprise, Bortas'qu, and Lesiet captains, That Jem 'Haddar guy who led the 2800 fleet, any of the three big Iconians, that guy who led the Vadwaur rebellion, a Voth seperatist, Taris, B'vat, Torg just to name a few.

You could play Kurland and pester people a lot telling them you're here.

You just spoiled this year's April Fool's prank. Every character in STO looks like Kurland and yells Kurland here.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nah this was the actual one:
    https://youtu.be/gx4ZT5hdCv4
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    O my gosh!!!!!!! THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME THING SINCE THE INTRODUCTION OF THE GALAXY INTERIOR ( Yes I think this was a great thing) , PLAYING AS AN NPC!!!!! THIS OPENS UP A WAY TO SOLVE THE PROBLEM OF THE STO UNIVERSE CONSTANTLY breaking ONE OF THE MOST IMPORTANT STARFLEET REGULATIONS IN STAR TREK HISTORY; BEING THAT THE COMMANDING OFFICERS STAYS ON THE SHIP AND DOESN'T GO ON DANGEROUS AWAY MISSIONS, NOW; WITH THIS NEW MECHANIC INTRODUCED YOU COULD PLAY AS THE THE FIRST OFFICER OR THE CAPTAIN; OR WHATEVER DEPENDING ON THE SITUATION!!!!!!!!! On the other hand this would be kinda weird, it would almost be like playing a bad written drama with a tone of cliche characters on ur own.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Did your capslock key get stuck? No point in yelling.

I just did this and it was....interesting. But when it was all over my power trays, both ground and space, were buggered up. Half my stuff got unslotted and I had to slot them back. Is this a bug with this mission cause you're playing as someone else and their ship?

As for the mission itself, it was very hard watching Neth destroy those worlds. But the ending was well-worth the pain of killing billions.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • tmassxtmassx Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    It would not be Cryptic if they did something good and bad at the same time. Playing for the NPC is great (Tzenkethi are murdering madmen), but after returning to my character, some of my abilitis disappeared from the tray. So I do not play it again until they fixes it.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    The mission definitely wasn't bad at all. It revisits a map I really liked and thought was very well done from a previous mission. It is definitely nice to play from the ruthless prospective for a change. That thing's whining though about it gets old. Give me a Klingon Pain Stick and let me teach it a lesson! :D
  • shadowfirefly00shadowfirefly00 Member Posts: 1,026 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    The mission definitely wasn't bad at all. It revisits a map I really liked and thought was very well done from a previous mission. It is definitely nice to play from the ruthless prospective for a change.
    Agreed (and if you haven't, be sure to check out the optional interactables); the bomb squad's dialogue was a nice touch as well - some will argue it could've been done better, but I appreciate the attempt to, well, personalize what would otherwise be generic faceless mooks.

And yes, the tray issue is annoying (I can't immediately recall if it recurs in other missions with similar borrowed-ship setups, though).
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Fireworks obviously below in the prime finger location during combat.

Space combat in the new FE does suggest that using weapons will be overkill.
  • blattanblattan Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    And yes, the tray issue is annoying (I can't immediately recall if it recurs in other missions with similar borrowed-ship setups, though).

There are certainly other missions that TRIBBLE your tray over.

Not to mention missions that strip your traits. What is worse about these is they don't even inform you and traits are not in a characters HUD normally.

All because Craptic can't be arsed to save the characters loadout to a temp file to restore from afterwards.
  • nikolunusnikolunus Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    The buggy tray didn't bother me much or slow me down while playing the mission. Though I must say that this is the first time I have played a mission in STO and then had to step away; turn the game off because of how unsettled it left me feeling. I am not sure that is a good thing or a bad thing. But Cryptic has made a mission that strike at me deeply emotionally, and it will be very hard to force myself to replay it to get the other rewards from it.
    Space is vast, it's wonderful and maddening. Yet in that madness is some of the greatest beauty I have ever seen.