test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Unable to start game client: The operation identifer is not vaild"

ncc1701z5ncc1701z5 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
That message in the title pops up whenever I try to launch tribble. This is the first time I've seen this and I've tried a few different things to fix it but to no avail thus far. Help plz!
"Saving the galaxy's our business"

Admiral Wilkens: "I bend our rules so folks don't have to live in fear strictly obeying someone else's".

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Last week: Tribble kept crashing to desktop during loading of the program...never saw any windows related alerts or errors.

Even as the build on Tribble kept crashing, Holodeck was coming up just fine. STO Tribble did not work until a new Patch downloaded on Tuesday, March 27. That fixed that issue for me.

They did not announced what changed with that patch...so it must be something they are working on. I know this does not help you at all. But it does help isolate it a bit... were you able to access Tribble last weekend?

Just signed off Holodeck...still working. And signed on to Tribble after seeing this post in the Forums. Tribble is still working on my computer.

Only weird thing I saw was: Windows asking me for security permission to allow STO access to the network/past the firewall. Tribble does not seem to know it already has permission. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • carlosbezerracarlosbezerra Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    I had the same problem, but I solved starting game client on Steam.
  • solisnightsolisnight Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I have the same problem launching through Arc.

However if I launch the patcher straight from the Star Trek Online Directory I have no problems (apart from a seperate win app control request)
    Post edited by solisnight on
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    sometimes the antivir see the cryptic error app. as malware. i took out the *.exe file from quarantine to trusted files !!
  • larsononelarsonone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Hello for some odd reason i can no longer gain access to the Tribble servers, when i had just been on it about two weeks ago. This is the Message i keep getting when i log attempt to engage from the STO Patch Screen.
    This is the Message that pops up.

"Unable to start game client: The operation identifier is not valid."

• zepharynthezepharynthe Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    larsonone wrote: »
    Hello for some odd reason i can no longer gain access to the Tribble servers, when i had just been on it about two weeks ago. This is the Message i keep getting when i log attempt to engage from the STO Patch Screen.

Reported this same error in both the other Tribble forums as well. Second week now and still no access to the Tribble server. And yes, I have tried accessing using the game clients in both the x64 and x86 subdirectories for the Livetest server. I have completely deleted and reinstalled my Star Trek directories and ARC. Force Verified. absolutely nothing works. I don't think they care whether people have access to the server to be honest.

I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    error_error_error_by_otisnoble-dc8g4jo.png
    me too
    Post edited by otisnoble on
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
    The trouble is in ARC. try starting your game directly fromn the Start Trek Online directory You can copy the file to your desktop.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Star Trek Online_en\Star Trek Online.exe
    I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.
    Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories. Thomas Jefferson (et al)
    larsonone wrote: »

Reported this same error in both the other Tribble forums as well. Second week now and still no access to the Tribble server. And yes, I have tried accessing using the game clients in both the x64 and x86 subdirectories for the Livetest server. I have completely deleted and reinstalled my Star Trek directories and ARC. Force Verified. absolutely nothing works. I don't think they care whether people have access to the server to be honest.

***FIXED with the last ARC patch. You can again use ARC when accessing Tribble 4/17/2018. ***
  • awlaforgeawlaforge Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    No, no it hasn't been fixed. I only use Arc for launching STO and I am still getting the error.
  • otisnobleotisnoble Member Posts: 1,290 Arc User
    ***FIXED with the last ARC patch. You can again use ARC when accessing Tribble 4/17/2018. ***
    [/quote]

Thanks I'm in now.
    Fleet Admiral Stephen
  • salacnar070890salacnar070890 Member Posts: 425 Bug Hunter
    When Selecting Tribble make sure you put a checkmark in STO Launcher Options at “use 32Bit Client”
    Salacnar
    =/\=Priority One Armada=/\=
    32 | Introvert | ADD (W/O Hyperactivity) | He/Him | Hetro-Demisexual | 6’9” ft-in tall | Avatar by: foodcu_be | Gunpla | STO | Yu-Gi-Oh!