test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP Bootcamp Tournament

maxprangemaxprange Member Posts: 65 Arc User
Hello PvP Community!

It has been a year since we've had a large-scale arranged game or tournament. Now is your chance to participate in this tournament regardless your skill level. This is a PvP Bootcamp tournament which means Mentors, Veterans and Adept players will be participating. (Note: Trolling & Drama will not be allowed)

This idea is fresh and coming about. We want to organize a fun and friendly game for all regardless of Fleet and Skill Level in hopes of bringing the PvP Community together as a whole.

Rules: (After a long discussion with other members, it was decided that Walker console and other current items should be allowed as to familiarize new players with the current PvP meta.
- No more 3 professions per team
- No more than 2 cloaked vapers per team
- No more than 3 of same fleet allowed per team (No premades - Teams will be arranged fairly)
- Voice Comm is required (Discord)

Now to sign up:

- To signup, I need your @handle, which class you will be participating with (Sci, Eng, Tac), your skill level (Beginner, Adept or Veteran) & whether you are able to team call since this will be organized PvP. (Be honest on this part for proper team setup)
- Example: @CerberusRPG /Tac/Veteran/Can Team Call

There will be skirmish games leading up to the tournament that will occur Saturdays starting on 4.7.2018 @ 3PM EST (9PM Germany)
All participants should be able to attend their respective team's weekly practice games in order to secure a spot on tournament team.

We are hoping many can attend this event to promote the PvP aspect of Star Trek Online! Please ignore any off topic posts or PvP flaming in this thread and signup with the above information - @handle/Profession/Skill Level/Team Call ability

There is a STO PVP Discord that will be used for these games https://discord.gg/mvwXNfZ

For more info contact me: @CerberusRPG (in-game), Janus#9665 (Discord)

Note: This post will be updated regularly as more signup.

Thank you!

- @CerberusRPG /Tac/Veteran/can team call
- @Dxxdavid /Sci/Veteran/can team call
- @scrdr /Sci/Veteran/can team call
- @sovereign2727 /Tac/Veteran/can team call
- @nixtux /Tac/Veteran/prefer not to call
- @dragon1408 /Sci/Veteran/can team call
-
«134

Comments

  • scrdrscrdr Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    @scrdr Veteran sci team call
  • canelas24canelas24 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    @canelas24 - SuperNoob - sci - cant do anything
    Post edited by canelas24 on
  • apockineticapockinetic Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    @apockinetic sci/tac/old skool/need more nucs
  • madskillzz1madskillzz1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    @madskillzz1/tac/adept/not very good at team calling
  • starstyler3starstyler3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @starstyler3 Sci/Adept/Can't Team Call
  • odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,769 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    @odinforever20000 Tac or Eng or Sci/Adept/Cant team call
    Post edited by odinforever20000 on


    Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.


  • daviddxxdaviddxx Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    maxprange wrote: »
    - @dragon1408 /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    -

    Allmost.. i believe it should be @dragon1608 :D
    Regarts
    David
    fIDFtkM.gif
    Star Trek Online
    *** Aktiv since 03.06.10 ***
  • rarerararera Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    @rarera / Tac / Can’t call
  • aliaranelaliaranel Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    @aliaranel / sci / adept / can't team call

    I am healer, not dps.

  • sleeeperr1sleeeperr1 Member Posts: 91 Arc User
    @sleeperdemon /sci/ tac/ will call if have2
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 7,217 Arc User
    Neat...it's been a long while. So...you posted the first practice date...but what about the actual tourney day? It doesn't help making practice if we can't make the actual tourney day ;) . Or is the 4/7 the tourney date?
  • tripwire690tripwire690 Member Posts: 173 Arc User
    @u.s.s.bloodmage/sci/Veteran NOOB that can call targets........ using blood magic. Unless mages are banned. In that case I'm not a mage and I never posted here.
    starfleet_department_of_temporal_investigations_by_gazomg-da64jys.jpg

    Let no other Captain discourage you from what you believe you can achieve in PvP. Debuffs and Disables be damned! Charge up your Backstep and Forge your build out of Lock Boxes, Consoles, and Flash Sales feeding off of only your pure will to chain, spam, and hax your way forward. You will not be forgotten to history.
  • darmokkdarmokk Member Posts: 7 Arc User
  • spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    @spaceeagle20 Sci no call and… unranked xD seriously I don't know my present level of skill because I haven't been playing STO in a long time ( I said playing not grinding ) but I have been playing other esport pvp games( fps, mobas, RTS) on a competitive level so my hands, eyes and my keybinds are still working so to speak…
    In other words, I may or may not catch up quickly so it'd be better to wait and see during skirmishes.
    P58WJe7.jpg


  • eric#9663 eric Member Posts: 1 Arc User
  • marctraiderzmarctraiderz Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    @marctraider /Tac/Veteran/undecided
  • nathanethan85nathanethan85 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    @CaptainCat2016 - tac/noob cannot do anything
  • sovereign2727sovereign2727 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    I suggest you ban the use of backstep on any ship but the ships that can use it right now as well.
  • leonida299leonida299 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    edit
  • nandospcnandospc Member Posts: 1,256 Arc User
  • tomebe11tomebe11 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    @tomebe11 / Tac / Adept / Can't Call
  • maxprangemaxprange Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @patrickngo said:
    > coldnapalm wrote: »
    >
    > Neat...it's been a long while. So...you posted the first practice date...but what about the actual tourney day? It doesn't help making practice if we can't make the actual tourney day ;) . Or is the 4/7 the tourney date?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think they're waiting to see if they can get enough players to HOLD a tournament. (two teams of five is just a match, if you can't get enough teams to at least hold a couple of elimination rounds, it's hardly a tournament.)

    Skirmish games start on 4/7. And as Patrick says, we'll need more than > @patrickngo said:
    > coldnapalm wrote: »
    >
    > Neat...it's been a long while. So...you posted the first practice date...but what about the actual tourney day? It doesn't help making practice if we can't make the actual tourney day ;) . Or is the 4/7 the tourney date?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I think they're waiting to see if they can get enough players to HOLD a tournament. (two teams of five is just a match, if you can't get enough teams to at least hold a couple of elimination rounds, it's hardly a tournament.)

    Skirmish games start on 4/7. Tournament date is set for 4/21 - Team practice to occur on Saturdays
    Post edited by maxprange on
  • maxprangemaxprange Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    - @CerberusRPG /Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @Dxxdavid /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @scrdr /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @sovereign2727 /Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @nixtux /Tac/Veteran/prefer not to call
    - @dragon1608 /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @canelas24 /Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @apockinetic /Sci-Tac/Veteran/prefer not to team call
    - @madskillz /Tac/Adept/prefer not to team call
    - @starstyler3 /Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @odinforever20000 /Eng-Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @rarera /Tac/Adept/can not team call
    - @aliaranel /Sci/Adept/can no team call
    - @sleeperdemon /Sci-Tac/can team call
    - @patrickngo /Eng-Sci/Beginner/can not team call
    - @u.s.s.bloodmage /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @blackbeltdarmok /Tac/Veteran/prefer not to call
    - @spaceeagle20 /Sci/Adept/can not call
    - @eric#9663 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @marctraider /Tac/Veteran/undecided
    - @CaptainCat2016 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @NandoPC /Sci-Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @tomebe11 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @talebvalu /Eng-Sci-Tac/Beginner/can not call
    - @marcusneuthor /Sci-Tac/Veteran/undecided
    - @cyberdragonlord /Tac/Adept/can not call
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 5,906 Arc User
    maxprange wrote: »
    - @CerberusRPG /Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @Dxxdavid /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @scrdr /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @sovereign2727 /Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @nixtux /Tac/Veteran/prefer not to call
    - @dragon1608 /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @canelas24 /Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @apockinetic /Sci-Tac/Veteran/prefer not to team call
    - @madskillz /Tac/Adept/prefer not to team call
    - @starstyler3 /Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @odinforever20000 /Eng-Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @rarera /Tac/Adept/can not team call
    - @aliaranel /Sci/Adept/can no team call
    - @sleeperdemon /Sci-Tac/can team call
    - @patrickngo /Eng-Sci/Beginner/can not team call
    - @u.s.s.bloodmage /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @blackbeltdarmok /Tac/Veteran/prefer not to call
    - @spaceeagle20 /Sci/Adept/can not call
    - @eric#9663 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @marctraider /Tac/Veteran/undecided
    - @CaptainCat2016 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @NandoPC /Sci-Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @tomebe11 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @talebvalu /Eng-Sci-Tac/Beginner/can not call
    - @marcusneuthor /Sci-Tac/Veteran/undecided
    - @cyberdragonlord /Tac/Adept/can not call

    The list may double if you advertise ColdNapalm is in.... LOL! I am just kidding.

    Have fun, you guys! :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

    “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • rck01rck01 Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    Throwing my hat in the ring:

    - @rck01 - /Sci/Nab/Don't ask me to call or you'll regret it. :)
  • coldnapalmcoldnapalm Member Posts: 7,217 Arc User
    maxprange wrote: »
    Skirmish games start on 4/7. Tournament date is set for 4/21 - Team practice to occur on Saturdays

    Damn. I have a busy day on the 21st so I guess I'm out. You all have fun tho. The list looks good...but I don't see too many new people on it :( .
    where2r1 wrote: »
    maxprange wrote: »
    - @CerberusRPG /Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @Dxxdavid /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @scrdr /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @sovereign2727 /Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @nixtux /Tac/Veteran/prefer not to call
    - @dragon1608 /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @canelas24 /Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @apockinetic /Sci-Tac/Veteran/prefer not to team call
    - @madskillz /Tac/Adept/prefer not to team call
    - @starstyler3 /Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @odinforever20000 /Eng-Sci/Adept/can not team call
    - @rarera /Tac/Adept/can not team call
    - @aliaranel /Sci/Adept/can no team call
    - @sleeperdemon /Sci-Tac/can team call
    - @patrickngo /Eng-Sci/Beginner/can not team call
    - @u.s.s.bloodmage /Sci/Veteran/can team call
    - @blackbeltdarmok /Tac/Veteran/prefer not to call
    - @spaceeagle20 /Sci/Adept/can not call
    - @eric#9663 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @marctraider /Tac/Veteran/undecided
    - @CaptainCat2016 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @NandoPC /Sci-Tac/Veteran/can team call
    - @tomebe11 /Tac/Adept/can not call
    - @talebvalu /Eng-Sci-Tac/Beginner/can not call
    - @marcusneuthor /Sci-Tac/Veteran/undecided
    - @cyberdragonlord /Tac/Adept/can not call

    The list may double if you advertise ColdNapalm is in.... LOL! I am just kidding.

    Have fun, you guys! :)

    Oddly enough, I don't actually have a problem with PvP as a concept...and do it somewhat (I have one of those "evil" cloaked "vape" builds that new PvP players complain about all the time...by all the time, I mean when they run a PvP endeavor and new players actually try PvP). What I have a problem with is the metas of PvP...where if you don't stack immunities, builds like mine will vape you in a couple of seconds. And some of the PvP playerbase...who does more to hurt PvP in this game than help (when I started this game and played PvP with a semi working PvP system, I ran into a lot of jerks and left...one of the nicer players told me they are fine once you get to know them...I'm sorry, but people ain't gonna take abuse from idiot players who think showing off their e-peen is important and be jerks to new players to get to know them better...hence why I keep saying that the PvP playerbase is their own worst enemy. Even now, we have the vocal PvP people on this forum that wants to do things like FORCE PvP...or constantly ask for nerf X because PvP despite that it would make X useless in PvE). And if I had the time, I would actually enter one of these things. Doubly so if they ran a limited items tourney (say like can not use anything from a lockbox or lobi or promo...or maybe even a must use common items and vendor only boff powers with no traits from a lockbox/lobi/promo...that would be super interesting).
Sign In or Register to comment.