test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Add Career Change Token for this game

starmanjstarmanj Member Posts: 714 Arc User
Add Career Change Token for this game I think it is time to be able to change Careers on some of out Toons think about making this happen.

Comments

• emptytincan#2722 emptytincan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I greatly approve of this.
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Based on long ago posts, it not only will not ever happen, it literally can not ever happen. Race, sex and career are the "foundation" of the entire character database. Once a character database is created, none of those can be changed, only erased.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • rhenvar42rhenvar42 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Personally, I am not in favor of having a career change token. However I would be in favor of having a token that allows a toon to change factions.
  • aftulusaftulus Member Posts: 668 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    This is why forethought is the foundation or programming skills....

BTW, they could hypothetically add new careers onto your existing one and the first one is your base class. They could then allow the combining of powers from different classes or simply treat them as seperate classes and isolate them completely. but you could grind it out per character 3 times. Maybe they could give a few more skill point out. 2 for each class finished after the first. Then you could get up to 50 skills total.

They would not need to change the base of the characters potentially. Just add more data to them and allow access as if you were a different class. Plus allow class switching to go with ship setups so you can change to tac and fly as a tac or switch to a science and fly as a science etc.
    Post edited by aftulus on
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    It can happen, they just can't find a way to exploit their players for money (or they don't want to take time away from their exploitation initiatives) to do the work.

Character table in a database.. fine. Ever hear of a one to many table relationship using ancillary tables? They could have an account table that is related (foreign key) to a character table (multiple characters) that is related (foreign key) to a career table (multiple careers per character) all triggered from a little drop down somewhere of your career choices while playing that particular character.

I am not saying you wouldn't have to switch maps to see everything (i.e. traits) once you trigger the career change, since they can't seem to figure out how to refresh a particular window UI to save their life...

but anyway....

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    If it was all a standard database, they could do all kinds of neat things with it. Unfortunately, they can only do what the game engine allows for. Of course there's also the fact that they have to make money, so even something that can be done will usually only get done if the bean counters determine there's going to be a profit from it.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Career, species, gender… For all of which I’d pay 5k zen without trouble.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Sadly, career change, gender change, and even race change tokens would cut into character slot sales. This, in turn, would cut into the sale of just about everything else.

Personally, I’m all for it. There are many other games that have such things as available options.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • pentastrikerpentastriker Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    they could essentially make the career change/gender change. and even race change tokens as another benefit to the "lifetime subscription" pack and I honestly do not feel that it would impact the character token sells because of the Dilitium cap per character each day... The only major thing career path will effect is the actual "reputation" concept of the game.