test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Victory is Life, our Fourth Expansion, Coming June 2018!

Comments

• shurato2099shurato2099 Member Posts: 588 Arc User
    Just read the GameSpot interview with Armin Shimerman. I'm rather psyched about the number of DS9 alum you guys are getting in for this but ... please tell me that you're doing more than a few episodes worth of content for this. A new faction should at least be able to run up to the cross-faction DS9 stuff.
  • phoenix841phoenix841 Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I'm wondering how story progression will happen with the new gamma characters.
    Will we get an entirely unique story that takes our character from start to the Hur'q battle, mostly isolated from the rest of the game (except for minor overlap and "news" updates)?
    Will we progress through the standard STO storyline, with maybe one arc that's gamma specific, like AoY or LoR?
    Or worse, will we get a shortened progression path like the original KDF?
    LTS Since Beta (Jan 2010).
  • korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    amarlex wrote: »
    please please please add in playable cardassians, or at least their actual neck/nose/hair options that we see on NPCs!!!

Seconded, can we please get playable Cardassian's.

I don't care if they are C-Store purchases for all factions or linked to the new Jem'Hadar faction. I know they can be created by the alien generator but all that takes is one randomise button press and your a god damn changeling looking like anything.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Just read the GameSpot interview with Armin Shimerman. I'm rather psyched about the number of DS9 alum you guys are getting in for this but ... please tell me that you're doing more than a few episodes worth of content for this. A new faction should at least be able to run up to the cross-faction DS9 stuff.

The Romulan faction has a very nice storyline (the best in STO) but the AoY was way too short. Only 6 missions? They have better be long and good :) I will take any content but 6 seems rather low a number. Please tell us more !
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    is the new faction going to be alpha jem'hadar or the dominion?

• szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    I take it we will play as a Jem'hadar who - after a handful of episodes - suddendly decides to join either the Klingons or the Federation? I wonder what faction specific ships they will come up with. All Jem'hadar canon ships are already in the game...
  • trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    saedeith wrote: »
    Hmm. Level 65. I wonder how the Jem' Hadar is going to work. Sounds good guys.

Under the new addictive substances section of the c-store you will find ketracel white where you must purchase more with zen within 24 hours of running out or your character is deleted. During this 24 hour period you will begin attacking anything and everything until you are back to normal. New specialization and doff packs will include defense from people with the withdrawl debuff.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Might not be T7, but this new Cardassian ship looks nice.

FQtxT6o.jpg​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Hey, if we get another recruitment event, can it be for ALL factions instead of just Jem'Hadar? I hardly play my TOS because I was pretty much forced to make a character with such limited options (Only four races, despite Caitians already existing and being part of Starfleet in that time period), it would be very nice to get to play the new faction by choice, rather than feel like I was railroaded into doing it for all the benefits.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Level cap increase, horrible idea. I know i know every other game does it, doesnt make it a good idea. Its a pointless waste of time and all it does is burn players out.

Seriously drop the idea. As well as any idea for gear upgrades past mk14, unless you want to hear about how people blow up moons with a single phaser shot, last i checked this is ST and not SW im not trying to fly a deathstar here. I mean have you seen the inertia rating on that thing, not to mention the turn rate.

Players are already sickenly powerful, we dont need any help in that area. Just make cool stuff, new boff powers, new specializations, new ships NOT T7!!!! I see a T6.5-T7 and im gonna be out of here fast enough to make your head spin. Plenty of ways to make an expansion without increasing player power.

I do like so many DS9 actors will be in this, and glad jem are going to finally be a faction but i seriously hope its Dominion and not just some deserters to the Fed/KDF like with Romulans.
  • terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Awsome, does that mean it will be possible to make a real Cardassian in future updates? I sure hope so. I don't see why not if we are going to be able to play as Jem'hadar. But I rather play a Vorta or Cardie. Super excited either way!

pic3690767.jpg

tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    For the first time ever, players will be able to experience Star Trek Online through the eyes of the Jem’Hadar, genetically engineered soldiers of the Dominion. This brand-new playable faction will start at level 60 with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, Duty Officer tracks, and R&D progress.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/21/star-trek-online-victory-is-life-expansion-to-feature-voices-of-10-deep-space-nine-actors/

Well, that's settled then.
  • wilvwilv Member Posts: 390 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    "Victory is Life will raise the Star Trek Online level cap to 65"
    talebvalu wrote: »
    Ok nice, but i hope there will be no T7 ships ...
    Tier 7 ships are not a planned feature for Victory is Life.

I almost quit the last time they did that TRIBBLE. I've spent (wasted) WAY too much money on ships to have them become obsolete again. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way. For example, anyone that received a shiny ship out of a box recently will probably feel a bit ripped off to find that said ship has been made redundant.
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Borg Liberated Jem'Hadar!
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
    iconians wrote: »
    Might not be T7, but this new Cardassian ship looks nice.

FQtxT6o.jpg​​

Holy smokes! Yes! Cardassian expansion finally! Makes the countless posts I mentioned about them worth the wait. Ofc people that bought the lobi ships will probably be on a riot.
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
  • arakim5arakim5 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    New Faction and Six Episodes seems to contradict each other. Romulans got way more than that.

Give them eighteen episodes against the new Big Bad. We don't need stars in every episode..
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    Ofc people that bought the lobi ships will probably be on a riot.

They'll get over it and fork over more money anyway.​​
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    wow talk about disappointing... you start at L60 and the cap is now L65... 5 levels and it's over. You also start with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, Duty Officer tracks, and R&D progress. <- note key word, COMPLETED. so yeah less grind but is this expansion gonna be free cause there does NOT seem to be a whole lot of value here... cause only 6 new missions to play...
    edited March 2018
    szim wrote: »
    For the first time ever, players will be able to experience Star Trek Online through the eyes of the Jem’Hadar, genetically engineered soldiers of the Dominion. This brand-new playable faction will start at level 60 with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, Duty Officer tracks, and R&D progress.

https://trekmovie.com/2018/03/21/star-trek-online-victory-is-life-expansion-to-feature-voices-of-10-deep-space-nine-actors/

I hope there is more races to play than just Jem'Hadar, although with the little info there is it sure looks that way. But that new Cardassian ship suggests that there might be a possibility that we can play them too. But I can't imagine why Cardassia would ever want to work beside the foot soldiers of the Dominion that is responsible for the death of billions of Cardassians.
    tigeraries wrote: »
    wow talk about disappointing... you start at L60 and the cap is now L65... 5 levels and it's over. You also start with a variety of completed Reputations, Specialization Trees, Duty Officer tracks, and R&D progress. <- note key word, COMPLETED. so yeah less grind but is this expansion gonna be free cause there does NOT seem to be a whole lot of value here... cause only 6 new missions to play...

Why wouldn't it be? All previous expansions have been. The only thing that is paid is the ships. So like Legacy of Romulus & AOY there will be ship packs I'd imagine. AOY was about 6 episodes as well I believe. I don't think people would enjoy playing from 1-60. They wouldn't be enough tier ships. And what is the point? You end up never using the lower tier after reaching 60 anyways.
  • werewolfborg#2101 werewolfborg Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I wonder what level 65 will be called. What's higher than fleet admiral? President of the federation? I can imagine a few thousand fleet admirals but I doubt there'd be a few thousand presidents.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    arakim5 wrote: »
    New Faction and Six Episodes seems to contradict each other. Romulans got way more than that.

Give them eighteen episodes against the new Big Bad. We don't need stars in every episode..

This is an great point. Id say a stat every 3 missions is right on the money cause 6 missions no matter how good, it just doesnt feel like an expansion.
  • marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User

So it's definitely a Dominion faction?

I wonder what level 65 will be called. What's higher than fleet admiral? President of the federation? I can imagine a few thousand fleet admirals but I doubt there'd be a few thousand presidents.

President isn't part of Starfleet though. I'd think it would be Fleet Admiral. But I doubt they are going to add a title to level increase. Although I wouldn't mind "Emperor".
    tumblr_p2kvz71XHx1qaa0sjo2_540.gif?w=605&ssl=1
  • gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    iconians wrote: »
    Ofc people that bought the lobi ships will probably be on a riot.

They'll get over it and fork over more money anyway.​​

I'm ok with that, I have those ships (the old ones), this one is a new ship, there'll be a lot of new ships, so I don't see the problem.
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • nepsthennepsthen Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    It wouldn’t be the same to have Odo without his greatest nemesis and foil, which is why it’s wonderful that Armin Shimerman is returning to the role of everyone’s favorite Ferengi bartender, Quark. Quark stayed on Deep Space Nine at the end of the show, but it’s been decades since then in the timeline of Star Trek Online. We’ll find out just what new schemes he’s been up to, and how they might affect the galaxy.

They're forgetting the lore they already wrote. He made a mint off of the Dabo tables and Holo-Leeta, and finally has his own moon. unless this ties into what they're going to do with the Lobi boxes since he's somehow a part of that, too.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Quark_Enterprises
    DxDiag64 dump 19Feb2016: http://pastebin.com/1c0pkEuw

So it's definitely a Dominion faction?

Well if it is Dominion only I'll be disappointed. I already bought a shirt. t-shirts-dukat-2020-cotton-t-shirt-4_1024x1024.png?v=1507678931
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Just wondering but are these going to pave the way for post level 50 allied factions with the Dominion joining the allied forces rather than the Federation or KDF forces? Thinking if this was the case we could justifiably skip the first 50(or 60) levels and just do the Gamma and Delta quadrant missions with the JH faction.

Also as asked earlier Gamma Recruit event?

And maybe Changeling as LTS exclusive race?

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
This discussion has been closed.