test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Shuttle overhaul?

Small craft in this game are woefully under represented compared to other ship types. i have a couple of solutions for this that could prove fairly interesting for players.

1) multi-crew for carriers in team

this would allow a carrier player to choose a sub-team of extra players, perhaps friends or fleet, to fly their hangar pets manually. this would increase the effectiveness of the pets because they're under direct control. this would also mean that people could could effectively fly in shuttles for any mission without dragging the team down.

2)

flyable shuttles stat changes and equipment changes

quite often when shuttles are seen in combat in ST, they're simply missed by larger ships. they should have very high defense rating so that only very accurate strikes like the intel surgical strikes ability and acc weapons are accurate against them.

they should be given more seating and equipment slots, but with scaled back abilities in power from standard ships.

3) more shuttle based missions that people would actually want to play

there are a few story missions, but they have limited replayability, and atmospheric assault remains largely unplayed. perhaps some covert shuttle missions similar to viscous cycle would be more popular?

Comments

• bindingchainsbindingchains Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    I have been playing Atmospheric assault a lot lately.. I made a quite fun shuttle build using some fun cooldown consoles and weapon set bonus powers. Its a lot more fun than regular space stfs. As I keep saying, the fun factor is this game is dead, the shuttle is just another example of the reason behind it, DPS race.

You cant make a overpower shuttle due to its limitations, players actually struggle and have to help each other to survive there, there are no enemy ships with 2 million hull/shield making casual ships virtually useless, epic ships cant single handle the entire content by pressing he same boff damage boost skills and obliterating everything with Fire at Will. Thats whats missing in the game, a balanced and fun experiance for everyone.

So yeah, I support the idea of having more shuttle missions, they are quite exciting when you put some time creating a fun and unique shuttle build.