test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Triton Class Temporal Heavy Destroyer (23c AoY Veteran Ship)

2»

Comments

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    kekvin wrote: »
    Pretty sure a couple of sto designs are in st alien domain and theres a few ships like the apollo that have been used by mutiple game devlopers. Thomas said everything they make for sto belongs to cbs. It may be the same for other st games. Nothing is impossible.

Canon designs are allowed legally. Non canon designs made specifically for games legally belong to the company that made said games. For example...
    • Yamato class Experimental Battleship (TMP era) - SFC games and Klingon Academy- Interplay (and in turn whoever now has the rights to Interplay's stuff)
    • Ka'vorcha class - DS9 Dominion Wars - Simon and Schuster Interactive
    • Proxima Class Battleship - Star Trek Legacy - Bethesda
    • Kulinor Class - Star Trek Armada II - Activision

Now... it IS possible for one game company to negotiate with another for use of their in house designs. For example in an interview with one of the designers for a Star Trek digital card game expressed interest in maybe talking with Cryptic about being able to use a few designs in their game. Naturally that would also require some compensation to Cryptic if it does go through. But still...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    interplay owns the rights to interplay's stuff - they're still an active company

though, they did announce back in '16 they were going to be selling off some of their library of intellectual property, including many video game assets; presumably, some SFC stuff will be among it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,015 Community Moderator
    Interplay's still around? Huh... thought they were closed down or something because I haven't heard SQUAT about them since the 90s.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Apparently, they're still around. What I assume to be their official website doesn't show any news updates since 2015, though.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Since you used parts that are kinda in use now anyway, I would say there's a more than 0% chance that might happen at some point in the future. I'd assume such a kitbash would be 'easy' for cryptic to do vs whipping up a whole new ship. ;)

But then, the KDF and Roms would start to whine about not getting a ship. So, no. It's never gonna happen. :D
  • trekthestarstrekthestars Member Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Since you used parts that are kinda in use now anyway, I would say there's a more than 0% chance that might happen at some point in the future. I'd assume such a kitbash would be 'easy' for cryptic to do vs whipping up a whole new ship. ;)

But then, the KDF and Roms would start to whine about not getting a ship. So, no. It's never gonna happen. :D

Thanks for the constructive criticism. I just used the parts to describe how I thought the ship would look, if they ever designed one. I was not submitting a design as a recommendation, it was just some fun. As for the KDF and Roms whining, they already have their own Vet ships. This would just add a 4th version, for AoY players, that is all. Personally ... I'd love to see Romulans and Klingons get their own version of AoY. With that, they could get their own Vet ship skin.

Like I said, this was just for some fun :)
    Post edited by trekthestars on
    Hey all my old posts are gone! :/

This would just add a 4th version, for AoY players, that is all.

So gonna throw in a sizable chunk of non-AoY Fed players too to the whining group. GJ! :D
    (Since the TOS era toons aren't really a faction, all the other Feddies will assume they get the ship too.)

So gonna throw in a sizable chunk of non-AoY Fed players too to the whining group. GJ! :D
    (Since the TOS era toons aren't really a faction, all the other Feddies will assume they get the ship too.)

No need to whine, they already have their own Vet ship. This is to add another ship for the Lifetime Subscribers, that play an AoY toon.

• nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

No need to whine, they already have their own Vet ship. This is to add another ship for the Lifetime Subscribers, that play an AoY toon.

their feds anything not just for them is heresy against doctrine. hell look at the reaction to the new spec.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
    nightken wrote: »

their feds anything not just for them is heresy against doctrine. hell look at the reaction to the new spec.

Haha! I must have missed it, I'm just returning.

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User

Yeah this idea ignores the basic fundamental premise that TOS and Fed USE THE SAME SHIPS! There is ONE ship exclusive to TOS and it's the starter ship in the tutorial.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    edited March 2018
    There is ONE ship exclusive to TOS and it's the starter ship in the tutorial.

Good point, we only have "ONE" exclusive ship. And just like Federation aligned Romulans, they have access to Federation ships. Yes I know it's T1-T4, so it's not completely the same. Yes I know that the Federation don't get access to the Romulan ships. So based on that, (in your opinion) would it be the same ship (Chimera) but an unlocked ship skin, just for AoY players? That just seems a little weird, since it would be lacking the 26th Century Temporal abilities.

Since this is just theory crafting, would it be a 26th Century ship with a 23rd Century ship skin option?

Post edited by trekthestars on

:D . . . need