test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Federation Prisoners

So I've been doing a lot of Admiralty stuff of late and have noticed the prisoners piling up on my Federation captains. However, I can only see one way to dispose of them, and that's the security officer DOFF assignment that consumes two at a time... is there other/better uses for them?

Comments

• lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Can't you just discard them like any other DOFF? KDF players can "execute" them, but I'm sure Feds have a euphemism.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • arliekkosarliekkos Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    Some fleet projects use them as well.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    When the roster is full, airlock for 1 dil/10 CXP. Keep two or so around, preferrably dominion ones, for those assignments that need prisoners.

As has been said, prisoners do count as civilian doffs for purposes of fleet projects. I usually find that I have more than enough actual civilians (which also include colonists), but if you want to save for that, only airlock as many as you need to fill in the new batch.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Devs should remove the FED prisoner assignment and copypasta the Klingon one that takes 10. Yes I know nothing in STO is copypasta and it takes months of dev time to do this, but admiralty made the 2 prisoner assignment (which offers just minimum rewards at that) superflous.
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    You can sell them on the Exchange for a pittance or there are a few Fleet projects that take them, my favorite being "Coordinate Colonization Efforts".

This is a great answer. Several fleets I'm in have this 30 minute star base project up all the time as it takes any unwanted civilian doffs including prisoners so is a nice way for members to generate some extra fleet marks and has a quick cool down.

• starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    There's also sometimes a doff assignment in sector space that lets you exchange prisoners with the Klingons for crew doffs.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    My KDFs send them to forced labour camps, or exchange them for other prisoners.

Feds - a bunch of 250 boxes of what's probably solitary confinement. My Fed main's a Terran, so no problems there, I'm totally in character.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Honestly i found the embassy fleet project is the best means to dispose of a lot of them at once. Ask your fleet leadership to slot it regularly and it gives space for 30(?) civilian doffs (inc. prisoners) per project, easy fleet credits.
    SulMatuul.png
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Fed caps get KDF Prisoners... and yeah their isn't much to do with em outside of "Coordinate Colonization Efforts".

KDF Caps can fly to the clusters and do Forced Labor... Fed caps should be able to do that too... what do Prisoners do anyway in Fed prisons?
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    The only good way to use them is to put them in fleet project "Coordinate Colonization Efforts."

If you don't have that available, it's better to discard them than to use the security officer.
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    I skip missions involving prisoners for my Fed characters unless there is a Dil reward as well.
  • smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    When you dismiss them, you get 1 dilithium and 10 recruitment (the least balanced commendation in the game) XP. That is the best option for Fed captains, if you don't mind one second/click each to dismiss them.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    > @smooshy#7462 said:
    > When you dismiss them, you get 1 dilithium and 10 recruitment (the least balanced commendation in the game) XP. That is the best option for Fed captains, if you don't mind one second/click each to dismiss them.

Far from the best, Coordinate Colonization Efforts takes 70 civillian doffs & pays 250 Fleet Credits each. If you have max prisoners (20) thats 5 k FC in one shot, no muss no fuss and a total of 3 clicks.

Yes but it is not always up... also folks need to spend Dil & EC to finish off that fleet project... or else it just hangs there taking up space.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    You can sell them on the Exchange for a pittance or there are a few Fleet projects that take them, my favorite being "Coordinate Colonization Efforts".
    This is the best way to get rid of otherwise useless FED prisoners. It's basically free fleet credits and gives your fleet a constant project to dump fleet marks since it only has a 30 minute cooldown.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I use them for fleet credits, the mission on your starbase for Coordinate colony requires 64 civilian doffs. All the admiral doffs awarded count for this, so i chuck them in 64 at a time, and its easy to complete that starbase project multiple times per log in if I want since it only takes 510 fleet marks 64 civiy doffs and 400k credits, finishes in 30mins or so.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    Yup, Fed has a problem getting rid of prisoners. Most of my toons have 100+ sitting in boxes from Admiralty. Unless you find a nice Fleet Holding that needs a lot of Civilians; the Exchange is the only place to put them reliably. And then hope they sell.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    > @tigeraries said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @smooshy#7462 said:
    > > When you dismiss them, you get 1 dilithium and 10 recruitment (the least balanced commendation in the game) XP. That is the best option for Fed captains, if you don't mind one second/click each to dismiss them.
    >
    > Far from the best, Coordinate Colonization Efforts takes 70 civillian doffs & pays 250 Fleet Credits each. If you have max prisoners (20) thats 5 k FC in one shot, no muss no fuss and a total of 3 clicks.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Yes but it is not always up... also folks need to spend Dil & EC to finish off that fleet project... or else it just hangs there taking up space.

No Dill, just FMs and EC, and it only takes 30 minutes to run.
    Exactly. This is by far the best way to dump prisoners. 64 gone in one shot. Plus a chance to dump 510 fleet marks. No dilithium requirement. 30 mins to CD and repeat. Easy choice.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User

This.

In fact it's literally the ONLY way I can get fledits on my KDF toons now.