test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet Colony Coffer Display Issue

kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
edited March 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Hello after chatting with another player in another fleet couple of days ago, we came to the conclusion that the Fleet Colony Provisions Coffer Tab does not update visually unless donated to, or a Fleet project is donated to. Which makes it hard to tell if this on player side, or server. All I know is it seemed to occur after some patch, somewhat ago. Also it makes it hard to tell if a specific Colony holding is correctly autocollecting the right amount of Colony Provisions (specifically my fleet is the Renewable Energy Battery Provisions).

So has anyone else seen this bug? This is different from the player donation to coffer bug from months ago.
Tagged:

Comments

• where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Yup...that has been like that since it came into existence. I specifically keep a stack of Colony commodities on one of my toons so I can "update" the display by throwing in 10 at a time.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • engineerb4#4806 engineerb4 Member Posts: 211 Cryptic Developer
    edited January 2019
    Post edited by engineerb4#4806 on
    STO Software Engineer
    I build things. Things that make us go.
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I believe this was intentional to reduce server load. The total amount of resources automatically provided should still be accurate, it calculates the resources to give based on the time since last donation.

Ruinthefun and I were discussing this on Reddit two months ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/7mqtx8/coffer_question/drwrveb/

Can you change the coffer to update on read as well as write? I think the coffer amounts should update every time someone views the "Coffer" tab or a slotted project in the colony's "Contribute" tab. The way it works now is very confusing for users; it looks as if the automatic provisions aren't being generated.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »

Ruinthefun and I were discussing this on Reddit two months ago.

https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/7mqtx8/coffer_question/drwrveb/

Uh oh.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
    edited January 2019
    STO Software Engineer
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    I'll ask to have it reviewed, the decision was made by engineers more senior than I.
    I'm sorry the UI is confusing but in this case we wont be making any changes. The performance impact on the game outweighs the benefits of updating the provision count more often.

All right. Thank you for asking. It's too bad you don't have a way of updating the coffer values more efficiently, so that they always reflect the current totals.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png