test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes for 3/8/18

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Greetings Captains!
We will be having a maintenance tomorrow, 3/8 at 7AM Pacific for 2.5 hours. (What time is this for me?)
You can find our patch notes here.

=/\=
We value your feedback and want to help direct it to the right locations. Please check the following link to redirect to the best sub-forums to post your replies.
Experiencing a Gameplay Bug with our latest patch? Please click this link to be taken to our Gameplay Bug Report Section to file your reports.
Thank you for the assistance!
The Star Trek Online Team

Comments

• sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,438 Arc User
    Thanks for the fixes!
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Quite a few fixes indeed. Nicely done, Cryptic, with most of the: Systems, Content, Foundry improvements.
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Bridge Officers are assigned to empty slots when readying a ship.
    No! I like my new ship to be blank when I activate it. It makes setting up my power trays easier when it's not 'pre-cluttered' with stuff!

The arc in which Cannons: Scatter Volley hits enemies in has been increased from a 45° arc to a 90° arc.
    Scatter should be per the cannon's normal arc. I want turrets spewing everywhere! :D

Breen Bridge Officers from the special mission reward during feature episode replay from the Cold War arc now include built-in EV suit functionality.
    That's cool, I guess. For that 1% of times I need an EV suit. ;)

And can we get the freakin' Echo Papa drone 'I can't run when it's active' issue fixed!!!! :#
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Bridge Officers are assigned to empty slots when readying a ship.
    No! I like my new ship to be blank when I activate it. It makes setting up my power trays easier when it's not 'pre-cluttered' with stuff!

They're just talking about loading them into the stations of the ship. The recent change that keeps BOff abilities from loading into trays automatically should still apply. Honestly, I don't see a reason for this new change, but it isn't going to harm anything, either. It just means that those of us with lots of BOffs are going to have some randos that we'd never use in a station placed in there by default, so we'll have to change from one BOff to another, rather than from a blank spot to our desired BOff.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    LOTS of quality of life fixes here. Well done Cryptic! Nice buff to CSV too! Time to dust off my Romulan to see what the numbers reflect after the change.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Noooooo! Battle Group Omega!!! :(((
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    Nice change for the Breen boff.
    Rest of the changes is a mixed bag to be honest.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    Nice to have the Crossfield and the Mokai raider into the Foundry and the Walker and Sarcophagus ships were already added last path, even if that addition went unannounced.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Note: The option “Move equipped items to newly readied ship” is now default set to On.
    This can be turned Off in the Basic menu options tab.

Don't forget to check this option when you sign on after this patch....if you prefer it OFF.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    Noooooo! Battle Group Omega!!! :(((

:( This was the last way to access that I believe :(
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Why does the Exchange need a Vanity Shield category? All current vanity shields are bind on pickup because they are mission, reputation, and special rewards.
  • spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,258 Arc User
    jcsww wrote: »
    Why does the Exchange need a Vanity Shield category? All current vanity shields are bind on pickup because they are mission, reputation, and special rewards.
    I'm pretty sure the DSC vanity shield is BoE at least I've seen it in the exchange.

• jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    jcsww wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure the DSC vanity shield is BoE at least I've seen it in the exchange.

I wasn't even aware there was one. Then again, there was a crafting set with a Tron effect from the good old days. I know they changed something with it a while back, but at one point, it could be sold.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    Many nice fixes, Cryptic.. thank you! Many of these were causing a lot of frustration playing this game. Some of them are also years old, so appreciate those fixes seeing the light of day!!!!!!!!

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • themadprofessor#9835 themadprofessor Member Posts: 1,203 Arc User
    Nice fixes...

Now, can we please, for the love of The Preservers, get the bug fixed where switching ships in space blanks out all your space and ground traits?
    Space Barbie Extraordinaire. Got a question about Space Barbie? Just ask.

Things I want in STO:

1) More character customization options such as more clothing options, letting the toon complexion affect the entire body, not just the head. Also a true RGB color picker applied to all costume and appearance options, which would allow for true appearance customization and homogenous colors instead of "this same exact color looks vastly different on two different pieces."
    2) Bridge customization, not bridge packs. Let us pick a general layout and adjust the color palette, console appearance, and chair types, as well as more ready room layout options.
    3) Customizable ground weapons, i.e. The aesthetic look of phaser dual pistols but they shoot antiproton bolts. For obvious reasons this would only apply to standard ground weapons.
    4) For the love of Q please revamp Plasma Ground Weapons. They look like demented Supersoakers right now.
    5) True Vanity Impulse and Deflector effects similar to Vanity Shields.
    6) A greater payout for hitting T6 Reputations. Currently it takes more time and resources to get from T5 to T6 than it does to get from nothing to T5. Make that grind really pay out at the end.
    7) Mirrorverse Refugee event similar to AoY/Delta/Gamma, complete with new Mirrorverse recruits for all factions.
    8) Independent Faction, because yo ho yo ho a pirate's life for me!
  • ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
    Our maintenance is complete! Thanks for your patience, folks! (And I'll pass on the bugs listed here.)
This discussion has been closed.