Install Arc
Options

Things I would pay money for in the game

Comments

• Options
    tkg2cavtkg2cav Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    avoozuul wrote: »
    The Oberth also made an appearance in one of the TNG episodes, can't say that I remember which though.

I believe it was The Pegasus. The one with the phase cloak.

http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/USS_Pegasus

Yup, so that's four appearances, that are very clear.
  • Options
    captainwellscaptainwells Member Posts: 718 Arc User
    There is already a TRIBBLE ton of ship choices with ever more always just around the corner. I would like more to see more hairstyles added above and beyond the recent couple of additions that were made. And why the Wrath of Khan era uniforms cost such a ridiculously high amount of dilithium is beyond me? Trying to save up that massive accumulation will not allow for much fleet contributions to be made, so be prepared to get the boot from your chosen fleet while trying to amass enough to unlock those uniforms.
  • Options
    aboundedorc0#8479 aboundedorc0 Member Posts: 109 Arc User
    There is already a **** ton of ship choices with ever more always just around the corner. I would like more to see more hairstyles added above and beyond the recent couple of additions that were made. And why the Wrath of Khan era uniforms cost such a ridiculously high amount of dilithium is beyond me? Trying to save up that massive accumulation will not allow for much fleet contributions to be made, so be prepared to get the boot from your chosen fleet while trying to amass enough to unlock those uniforms.

I second both points. Hear, hear .....
  • Options
    terminatrixxx#8288 terminatrixxx Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Another option i would pay money for to change the species, a complete appearance reset for a character.
    Princess of the 'House of the Immortals Armada'.
    Main ships: Dyson Tactical Science Destroyer + Qui'Tu Class Pilot Raptor
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Another option i would pay money for to change the species, a complete appearance reset for a character.

I hate to be a downer but....they can't even get everything correct on those name change tokens. I wouldn't risk changing species OR careers with a token.

Better off making a new character..... and ask for making Rep, Specializations, R&D, Traits, etc...account unlocked.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    About that.... apparently the game is coded so that a character's "species" is the primary defining aspect of the character and everything else is tied to it. I put species in quotes since it's apparently NOT as simple as the text string that players refer to when looking at a character's species. For example: Fed Klingons are treated as a different species from KDF Klingons.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    psytce0002psytce0002 Member Posts: 157 Arc User
    I don't know if this was asked for, I would like the ability to Unlock Lockbox ships on other Characters.

Just like the event ships are available for all characters I would like the ability to purchase a Account Unlock for all lockbox ships. If you win it make it available to all your characters....
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Broken record put back on repeat T6 Vor'cha T6 Vor'cha T6 Vor'cha T6 Vor'c......

~smacks your side~ :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    28430644_752466431620158_7634452721105371136_n.jpg
    • Discovery Mirror uniforms
    • I.S.S. prefix. (and I.R.W. too)
    • MU skin paint patterns
          &
        • T6 Vorcha
        • Small Cardassian dlc
      tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
      "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
      "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
      #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
    • Options
      baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,320 Community Moderator
      I agree with @terranempire#7881

Since we don't seem to be getting any more Mirror ships, selling Mirror ship skins and prefixes in the C-Store would be a cool thing to add.
      GrWzQke.png
      Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
      Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
      Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
      ----> Contact Customer Support <----
      Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
      Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
      Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
      Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
    • Options
      vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
      avoozuul wrote: »
      tkg2cav wrote: »
      spiritborn wrote: »
      tkg2cav wrote: »
      "The Oberth was also in the movies."

For all of five seconds roughly at the very end of Generations.
      What the second Starfleet ship in Star Trek 3 was if not an Oberth? the USS Grissom to be exact

I had forgotten about that, that makes two appearances of it. Also according to memory alpha a later USS Grissom that was destroyed during the dominion war may also have been a Oberth. I'd say that's more than enough reason for a T6 Oberth.
      The Oberth also made an appearance in one of the TNG episodes, can't say that I remember which though.

naked Now. the tsilkovskiy was an oberth
      Spock.jpg

• Options
      ok. to second one item from early in the thread. a TOS Tricorder/sash. only question is can you USE it without a major rework of the character model?

Cstore offerings of TOS TMP and accurate TNG hand phasers (yes i know the TMP phser is in one of the lockboxes, but i want VR versions that i don't ahve to dump a crapload of Dil to get. )

Cstore offerings of Jem Hadar Bug ship hangars. My cash would time travel for them
      C store Singularity core for the Obelisk (and I think the borgified lockbox rom cruiser )

as i said in the carrier thread, a Scimitar based sci carrier, T6 Vo'Quv and a Fed carrier.. (Sovvy or Galaxy based??)

ALL the TMP uniform, Kirks Short Sleeve, the Security Armor, and the generic crew uniform.
      Spock.jpg

• Options
      zerokillcf2011zerokillcf2011 Member Posts: 545 Arc User
      T6 Oberth - Pegasus class. WITH the phase cloak module (and actually make it a module so you have to use a slot for it) In that episode of TNG it WAS described as "cutting edge technology" and a ship that tested top of the line stuff. GIMME
    • Options
      sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
      patrickngo wrote: »
      CSTORE Tier 6 Vor'cha.
      CSTORE Tier 6 Hegh'ta
      CSTORE Tier 6 Vo'quv.

I know we won't ever get them, but that's what I'd actually pay money for.
      FTFY

• Options
      talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
      What would I pay money for?
      -being called by title
      -Tier 6 nova
      -a non lock box tier 6
      *Constitution(since the Discovery Connie is slightly different HINT HINT)
      *JJ Connie(since the A Showed up last movie hint hint)
      -A New exploration engine with better missions such as
      *more first contact missions
      *pre warp civilization studies
      *supernovas
      *helping colonization
      *more space races(IE stuff that actually lives in the vacuum of space)

That I would throw money at.
      afMSv4g.jpg
      Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
    • Options
      ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
      edited March 2018
      What would i pay money for (not that i don't already, but that's another story)

More canon alien tailor options : Vaadwaur, in particular. Heck, we already have options to create 100% accurate Hierarchy and Reman bridge officers with generic aliens, despite those species being supposedly "restricted". So why not the Vaadwaur??
    • Options
      r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
      meimeitoo wrote: »
      An updated (good) Romulan bridge.

Oh God yes... that is severely lacking, I agree.

• Options
      lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
      azrael605 wrote: »
      > @sirsitsalot said:
      > azrael605 wrote: »
      >
      > Thankfully for this game both most players & the devs are too smart to commit game suicide like that.
      >
      >
      >
      >
      > Targ Manure!
      >
      > Lord of the rings online. Requires no subscription or box purchase to play. Charges non-subscribers for quest content. Core story content free. Successful MMO with very active player community. Constantly adding new quest content.
      >
      > Elder Scrolls Online. Requires no subscription or box purchase to play. Charges non-subscribers for quest content and all players for expansions. Core story is free. Successful MMO with very active player community. Constantly adding new quest content.
      >
      > Star Trek Online. Requires no subscription or box purchase to play. No charge for mission content at all. Successful MMO with very active player community. Constantly adding fluff items for players to purchase. Adds new mission content maybe twice a year.
      >
      > It is not game suicide for a game developer to charge for playable content. It is not game suicide for players to buy playable content. Try again...

Yes your statement is targ manure, as noted by others your statement is entirely wrong. You have also displayed a complete inability to understand what I said. I never said or implied that it was impossible for an MMO to survive charging for missions (though TOR is heading for the executioner's block). I said it would be game suicide for STO. Maybe, maybe, in the first year, when they first transitioned to f2p, had they gone that route it might have worked, I wouldn't know because I wouldn't be here, but maybe. 8 years later? No chance this playerbase will put up with it.

ToR is on the executioners block for a lot of reasons....I think expansions are on the lower end :p
    • Options
      Blizz manages to do well with pay for content... just sayin
      Spock.jpg

This discussion has been closed.