test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

And again go to get my free ship ....... nothing

pryor#5476 pryor Member Posts: 567 Arc User
Just got promoted to Commander, actually got to get my free ship, when i go to ship selector........ nothing its not there, its like i didnt even get it, perhaps im doing something wrong, or i need to pay for an extra ship slot, or the devs intentionally do this.............. they just like seeing people cry when they dont get their free ship.
Discord: Pryor#2941

Comments

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Did you speak with Admiral Quinn, Chancellor J'mpok, or Admiral Kererek to accept your promotion and receive the token to select your free T3 ship?
  • Options
    benselassem#4731 benselassem Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    If you just went to the ship selector, that's where your problem is. You have to talk to the ship requisition person for your faction.
  • Options
    tgdelta#7498 tgdelta Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @"pryor#5476" said:
    > they fixed it, thanks :-)

did they devs fix this or you talking to the R.O.? I selected my ship from the R.O. and never got it
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    Is the phrase "they fixed it" another language for "I figured out what my mistake was"?

Sorry, not being mean, just lol'd when that came to mind...

:)
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    tonys206tonys206 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    To anyone "missing" their ship upgrade: check your item inventory, especially your overflow bag if your inventory is full. If you find it in the overflow bag, sell some non-essential items via the replicator, then move your new ship to your inventory and "equip" it. I ran into this problem many years ago...
    Fleet Admiral John Smith, Surgeon, Starfleet Medical
    NCC-4077-G Clayton
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    pryor#5476 wrote: »
    crm14916 wrote: »
    Is the phrase "they fixed it" another language for "I figured out what my mistake was"?

CM

What ever man..... Id have plenty of inventory left open, follow the instructions to goto Admiral Quin or the chick down at the New Star Ship Requisitions....... nothing......
    I go and make a post HERE in the Forums & cry about it, outside to smoke a cig and calm down, get back on the game and now i can get my ship, on my FED toon this was happening on every rank upto commander......... i look back and i can see how this could be funny from their perspective.
    Did you log out before going outside and taking a break? Sometimes logging out then back in is the equivalent of "jiggling the handle" of a popular real life fixture to get something in-game to work after for whatever reason it's been delayed... from ships to missions to completion rewards of a reputation. A lesser version of this would be to just change instances. Or it could have just been some system delay that resolved itself while you were on your break.

• Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    crm14916 wrote: »

CM

What ever man..... Id have plenty of inventory left open, follow the instructions to goto Admiral Quin or the chick down at the New Star Ship Requisitions....... nothing......
    I go and make a post HERE in the Forums & cry about it, outside to smoke a cig and calm down, get back on the game and now i can get my ship, on my FED toon this was happening on every rank upto commander......... i look back and i can see how this could be funny from their perspective.

There are a lot of issues like this in the game that can be fixed by simply logging out and back in.

This is one of them.

Sometimes, simply logging out/in causes the mission to update and allows you to advance. It's been this way for as long as I can remember.

It's far more likely that logging out and back in was the real fix in this case. ;)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    There are a lot of issues like this in the game that can be fixed by simply logging out and back in.
    Yes indeed.

• Options
    jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Im on a gaming laptop...... thus shared RAM....... takes STO 10 minutes to load, cant remember if i logged out or not, but i could see myself trying that, the missing free ship issue only happed with the Fed toon and not the others..... its possible and now thst yall mention it most likely.
    Im also not putting aside the DEV's enjoy seeing whimpering noobs crying about not getting their free ship.

Gaming laptops do not have an issue with shared RAM because "gaming laptops" have a dedicated graphics chip with it's own dedicated RAM. The amount of time it takes to load STO on my desktop and laptops using either integrated graphics or a dedicated GPU is the same. Perhaps you have a connection issue.