test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What are your favorite Foundry Missions?

1235»

Comments

• khregkhreg Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nagorak's "Atlas" 3-parter is stunningly crafted. Plays like it's own, professionally written stand alone Trek game. Not only is it the best Foundry mission, I'll say it's the best mission you'll find in all of STO. Incredibly written and detailed, multifaceted and smart puzzles, and the maps are expansive and immersive.

At three chapters, you're looking at easily spending a 9-10 hour stretch playing through all of this. Took me two nights to play it all and I didn't even choose all the possible avenues that Nagorak lays out for you.

Run, don't walk, to play this series. I need to not play foundry for awhile because this trilogy sets the bar so impossibly high. : o )
  • valasveladornvalasveladorn Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just finished the Overture series by KineticImpulser. Great story, humor, and encyclopedic knowledge of Trek lore. Probably an hour+ each for the 6 part though I found 5 and 6 somewhat longer. He also his previews of each part on his YouTube channel under the same name that are pretty good and worth checking out!
  • cmdrhawkeyezcmdrhawkeyez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I just finished the Overture series by KineticImpulser. Great story, humor, and encyclopedic knowledge of Trek lore. Probably an hour+ each for the 6 part though I found 5 and 6 somewhat longer. He also his previews of each part on his YouTube channel under the same name that are pretty good and worth checking out!

I am gonna livestream reviews:

http://www.twitch.tv/cdr_zeta

I will be doing this over the next few nights to help me with my own ideas for missions - wow and
    Nagorak's "Atlas" 3-parter is stunningly crafted. Plays like it's own, professionally written stand alone Trek game. Not only is it the best Foundry mission, I'll say it's the best mission you'll find in all of STO. Incredibly written and detailed, multifaceted and smart puzzles, and the maps are expansive and immersive.

At three chapters, you're looking at easily spending a 9-10 hour stretch playing through all of this. Took me two nights to play it all and I didn't even choose all the possible avenues that Nagorak lays out for you.

Just amazing.

I am mostly going to review low rated ones tho to help people out....

Maynes of Balnar Moon

Maybe a spotlight of authors; I will add an edited list here (the ones I am chekin out):

Alimac
    Nagorak

Cmdr Zeta
  • admiral315admiral315 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    I only could find romulus command and there you have the shuttlebay. Where is the staging area of new romulus,and how do you get there. I' am searching for more than 90 minutes.How do you play the mission ?
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited September 2014
    The Star Trek: Starfleet Odyssey series is one of the best series I have played. It is exceedingly well written and has well developed characters. (Though considering there are 40 missions, that isn't a surprise.) Hell there's even an option to marry one of the characters! :eek: Do note that the author is dyslexic, and thus prone to some spelling and grammar mistakes, though they don't really detract from the missions.

This series and the Atlas series are the bar I hold 5 stars at. :D
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
    edited October 2014
    The Star Trek: Starfleet Odyssey series is one of the best series I have played. It is exceedingly well written and has well developed characters. (Though considering there are 40 missions, that isn't a surprise.) Hell there's even an option to marry one of the characters! :eek: Do note that the author is dyslexic, and thus prone to some spelling and grammar mistakes, though they don't really detract from the missions.

This series and the Atlas series are the bar I hold 5 stars at. :D

Accessing...........
  • theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,985 Arc User
    edited January 2015
    Left to die, ran through it yesterday with the shotgun from the mirror event and it has a nice resident evil vibe it
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • bzdryngolbzdryngol Member Posts: 3 Arc User
      edited February 2015
      Hi captains, can you recommend some missions with eye-catching maps? I really like the 'trek' part of this game. Mayby you have some screenshots?

Maps in explore strange new worlds were usually nice.
      edited February 2015
      bzdryngol wrote: »
      Hi captains, can you recommend some missions with eye-catching maps? I really like the 'trek' part of this game. Mayby you have some screenshots?

Maps in explore strange new worlds were usually nice.

"Shore Leave Under Siege" - Large and detailed map of the city of Rixx, on the never-seen-but-often-mentioned world of Betazed.

"Treasure of Argelius" - the hedonistic world from TOS's 'Wolf in the Fold", aged 200 years and painstakingly built and populated in a way not possible back then, returns.

First ones that leap to mind.
    • iamviperswhipiamviperswhip Member Posts: 62 Arc User
      edited June 2015
      Purity so far, so much so that I am depressed having to go something else until 4 and 5 get added back to the foundry.
    • rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
      Their is one that starts in the Bomari system. Its basically The Hunt for Red October, right down to the text in some parts. It was made as a tribute to the author of The Hunt for Red October: Tom Clancy. It was amazing piece of work. Reaps in a lot dil as well.
      Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation
    • zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
      f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
      Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
    • dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
      I was searching around for a "what have you played recently?"-type thread and couldn't find any, so I guess this one will do!

I went searching for an Orion-themed mission, and found Silent Space. It's an older KDF mission, and fairly simplistic compared to some, but even if it's just stock maps and reskinned mobs, it's pretty fun! It doesn't fall into the trap of being too ambitious for its own good, and tells a believable intimidation story.

I wish there was a follow up, but it doesn't look like one was ever made. I can't find any other missions by the author.
      I was searching around for a "what have you played recently?"-type thread and couldn't find any, so I guess this one will do!

I went searching for an Orion-themed mission, and found Silent Space. It's an older KDF mission, and fairly simplistic compared to some, but even if it's just stock maps and reskinned mobs, it's pretty fun! It doesn't fall into the trap of being too ambitious for its own good, and tells a believable intimidation story.

I wish there was a follow up, but it doesn't look like one was ever made. I can't find any other missions by the author.
      What are your favorite Foundry Missions? - 2015

The thread I created in December didn't get much attention, but it's newer than this one. If you think it will help, feel free to post to it. Or just brows it. :)
    • jiralinriajiralinria Member Posts: 108 Arc User
      Hi :) I would also be very curious if there are any newer Romulan Republic missions you guys can recommend?
    • helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
      A mission that spawns to mind for me is "Latinum can't buy me love", a nice, warm little mission that lift the heart. Have to play Some of the missions you mentioned, however I recommend wholeheartedly everything done by @johnnysnowball, and if you are in a TOS mood, everything done by @rickysmith1.
      Well, I enjoy @rickysmith1 missions, if that's worth anything. :)
    • rickysmith1rickysmith1 Member Posts: 610 Arc User
      Well, I enjoy @rickysmith1 missions, if that's worth anything. :)
      ...and if you are in a TOS mood, everything done by @rickysmith1.

Geez, guys. Buy me dinner first. :blush:
      STAR TREK CONTINUES
      Episode One - A Single Moment Episode Two - Infancy Episode Three - Unto the Breach
      Episode Four - Head Of A Needle Episode Five: The Duality of Men Episode Six - Redemption Earned
      Episode Seven - Shattered Universe Episode Eight - The Gepetto Condition Episode Nine - One Room, Two Officers
      Episode Ten - Beyond The Farthest Star Episode Eleven - It's OK, It Won't Hurt Episode Twelve - A Protracted Officer
      Episode Thirteen - Somewhen Episode Fourteen - The Boy Who Lived Episode Fifthteen - Empathy