test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dual beam banks and Beam Overload III

djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
I'm using dual beam banks for the first time ever, as I've always preferred beam arrays. My Discovery phaser dual beam banks don't seem to interact with Beam: Overload III. I have two omni-direcional beams on the aft, and one of those is the one that fires Overload III every time.
Does anyone know if this is working as intended? Or are dual beam banks always excluded from Overload? Or maybe it's just the Discovery dual beam banks? I didn't want to file a bug report until I checked if this is normal or not...
C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
-Captain James T. Kirk

Comments

• Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    The BO is consumed by the beam that fires first, that's all there is to it. If you've got everything on autofire they try disabling all and then then start enabling it with the DBB you want to fire first.
    Or if nothing else works disable autofire again, go on a map like japori and see if you can do a BO manually, that should give clarity if it's borked or not.
  • Options
    cbrjwrrcbrjwrr Member Posts: 2,782 Arc User
    The easiest way to test it is to unequip your omnis and then see if it works properly - but, there isn't really a reason why it shouldn't apart from simply being unlucky with how the firing cycles work out.