test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fortune Cookie Tribble

I have seen a few players link one in chat and asked how they obtained it. Only one that replied said cream soda but I have tried that with no luck all that happens is the cream soda vanishes and I have tried looking online and found no info on how to get this tribble anyone know how to breed this one?

Comments

• carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    one cream soda one tribble and one more open spot in inventory and just give it a bit of time. its how it worked for me anyway
  • maniac20#5251 maniac20 Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I've tried that 3 times and all 3 times the cream soda just vanishes and get nothing and I have tried it with a common tribble and a gamma tribble and the character I tried it on has more than enough inventory space.
  • carter60carter60 Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    sounds odd. it should have worked for you , im sorry but i cant help any further
    have a nice day/night though
    hmm it is really odd I even tried 2 other characters and had the same thing happen.
  • tm706tm706 Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    Do you have a cannibal tribble ? He might be eating the newly produced Fortune Cookie Tribbles. I'm not sure if they eat unique ones, but it's worth looking into.
    Coffee is life.

Message me in-game (@tm706) for help

1st Alpha Quadrant Fleet
    All of my cannibal tribbles are on my kdf characters and it only eats common and uncommon tribbles at last check. Tried breeding on 2 different feds and a fed-rom.
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    its a new tribble maybe there is a bug !! submit a ticket i would suggest
    That is what I was starting to figure that there might be a bug with it so sent a bug report and posted in the PC bug forums.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It is the same as a Kelvin Timeline Tribble. Because it is a bug.
    I can not find the Twitter post someone forwarded to me.

Feeding a tribble a Cream Soda should give out a Daring Tribble. I think that was a limited time thing.
    But because of the bug....it was giving out Kelvin Timeline Tribbles with the name Fortune Cookie Tribble.

Wait until it is officially released....if it gets officially released. BTW...Fortune Cookies have to do with Lorca from Discovery....he likes munching on those things.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_Timeline_Tribble
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I saw it was the same as the kelvin tribble when i saw the Kelvin when I looked it up on the exchange but all but 1 of my characters currently has the kelvin and all of them has the daring.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    I saw it was the same as the kelvin tribble when i saw the Kelvin when I looked it up on the exchange but all but 1 of my characters currently has the kelvin and all of them has the daring.

Be patient and wait for the REAL Fortune Cookie Tribble to make its debut at a later date.
    Meantime...I am still looking for the link to the Twitter post.

https://twitter.com/TheSnackist/status/957251408578928640
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I am waiting especially after I saw that the current one is no different from the kelvin one.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    It is the same as a Kelvin Timeline Tribble. Because it is a bug.
    I can not find the Twitter post someone forwarded to me.

Feeding a tribble a Cream Soda should give out a Daring Tribble. I think that was a limited time thing.
    But because of the bug....it was giving out Kelvin Timeline Tribbles with the name Fortune Cookie Tribble.

Wait until it is officially released....if it gets officially released. BTW...Fortune Cookies have to do with Lorca from Discovery....he likes munching on those things.

https://sto.gamepedia.com/Kelvin_Timeline_Tribble

If its in game and buggy then its released.

At least that's how it works for most of the other stuff they add
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @maniac20#5251 said:
    > All of my cannibal tribbles are on my kdf characters and it only eats common and uncommon tribbles at last check. Tried breeding on 2 different feds and a fed-rom.

Cannibals eat common, uncommon, and rare, only very rare and epic are safe.

The Fortune Cookie ones on the exchange are Very Rare, so immune to Cannibals.

I tested it. Put the Cannibal in the bank, just to be sure that it wouldn't be able to eat the thing, and put the Kelvin Timeline one in the Account bank, so it didn't read as being on my character. Daring Tribble is marked as Unique and bound to character, so it couldn't go anywhere but the regular bank or a BOff, unless I deleted it, which I wasn't going to do just to get a duplicate Kelvin Tribble with a different name. I put it in the regular bank and left a Gamma Quadrant Tribble and a Cream Soda in my inventory and the cream soda disappeared without making any kind of tribble, so I would guess from that that the unique nature of the Daring Tribble is preventing the Fortune Cookie Tribble from going into my inventory. I'll make another character to test this out, since, like you, I have a Daring Tribble on every current character.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    > @maniac20#5251 said:
    > All of my cannibal tribbles are on my kdf characters and it only eats common and uncommon tribbles at last check. Tried breeding on 2 different feds and a fed-rom.

Cannibals eat common, uncommon, and rare, only very rare and epic are safe.
    Actually, despite being blue, IDIC tribble will never get eaten.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »

You can still breed a Daring Tribble. I tested this out last night and created three of them on a couple of alts.

It looks like they patched it sometime between Borticus' tweet about it and yesterday. Cream Soda now breeds a Daring Triblle again if you don't have one on that character already.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,114 Arc User
    Fortune Cookies have to do with Lorca from Discovery....he likes munching on those things.

I mean, I can live with Faster Than Light travel. The dematerialization and rematerialization of people. Different species from different planets interbreeding because some gazillion years ago DNA was planted that way. Beings of pure energy. God like creatures with a vanity complex. Time travel. Backwards evolution of individuals. Species catching a virus that completely changes how they look. After all, this is science fiction, they will always have some miracle exceptions in the story.

But people actually liking fortune cookies? Now that stretches my suspension of disbelief to the limit.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries