test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Character Selection Screen crew shot

pernamuspernamus Member Posts: 3 Arc User
What can you do to affect the crew that is shown "posing" behind your captain on the Character Selection Screen? I've noticed one of my Bridge Officers is in there twice, like bookends.

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    What crew shows up on that beauty shot of the Character Selection screen is determined by who you have slotted on your AWAY TEAM. You know where that is in the game, right?

I am sorry I forgot what that tab was "officially" called and I am not in the game right now. It is the same place as you select which BOFFs are on which seat of your ship. At the bottom, you select which BOFFs you take with you as your Away Team.

I would go to that AWAY TEAM selection. And just move them around a bit and reselect the ones you want to see on the screen. Hopefully, that gets the program to wake up and refresh your Character Selection screen.

Good luck.

"Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    What crew shows up on that beauty shot of the Character Selection screen is determined by who you have slotted on your AWAY TEAM. You know where that is in the game, right?

I am sorry I forgot what that tab was "officially" called and I am not in the game right now. It is the same place as you select which BOFFs are on which seat of your ship. At the bottom, you select which BOFFs you take with you as your Away Team.

I would go to that AWAY TEAM selection. And just move them around a bit and reselect the ones you want to see on the screen. Hopefully, that gets the program to wake up and refresh your Character Selection screen.

Good luck.

Character -stations tab
  • Options
    themadrigogsthemadrigogs Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    These answers are all good, but additionally, the placement of the officers seems to be based on when you first recruited them -- with the oldest boffs standing, the newer ones on the sides (I think it's 3-1-2-4, but don't quote me). You can change that by being more selective about who goes on your away team, or by simply recruiting new officers in a special order if you want to be crazy about it.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    If you have a duplicate of the same officer appearing on your login screen, the issue is the outfit name.

If both your crew members are saved in the tailor with the same name then they will be duplicated on your character selection screen. Visit the Tailor and make sure all your away team members have unique names saved in the tailor and that will fix the issue.

It's an old issue, been that way for years. Hope this helps you resolve the issue.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    thecallup1thecallup1 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Visit the Tailor and make sure all your away team members have unique names saved in the tailor and that will fix the issue.

It's an old issue, been that way for years. Hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Very true, I can confirm it's been this way since they added the Boffs to the login screen, and the fix does work!