test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Spacedock/First City/New Romulus! Discussion Thread

Comments

• admiralnatadmiralnat Member Posts: 22,432 Arc User
    Ok, we gonna find out what's in that lab or not? :tongue:

It'd be really nice if this were the room our guys needed to find so we can finally wrap this thing up.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

tr;dr, I am winning last post wins 3.0. Thank you for your time.
    Oh, look, an explosion...
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,973 Community Moderator
    Well... I believe I got last post last I checked...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Well, yes. I also happen to know little about that Na'kuhl scientist's technology and figure Shadow could better describe the room...
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.
    It's what I do. It's what I just did. It's what I'm about to do again. It's being undisputed emperor of an empire that cannot be disproved as the most powerful intergalactic empire in the entire universe; I always win, and everything I've won will definitely be won again... by me. It's my signature move, and thus, it's my signature. Problem, Sonic? Yeah, I mean you, Sonic, because you're being beat up, despite your being super. You can't even hit Shadow back, can you? Nope, he's too strong for you. Of course, I'm not Shadow, I'm the Super Emerald fueled fox that's pulling the strings; trust me, the fight would only be a few frames long if I were in it personally. Oh, and here's something for all you guys thinking you can win Last Post Wins 3.0; trust me, I'll be around a long while after the sun has already consumed the Earth while I sit out with the forum servers on Titan. Yes, I mean Titan... that comparatively little moon orbiting Saturn. It's a nice little place in a version of our solar system where the sun is a lot bigger. I mean, Mars will last longer than your precious Earth, but by then, it'll be one hot planet... and I figure Saturn's moon will be about the right temperate for a super-powered warlord. Oh, and trust me, I packed a lot of rings, and I mean a lot. Trillions, in fact, so I'll never run out of rings to power my super form. Besides, if I start to run out, I can just chaos control more rings into my reach. It's quite easy, really. You should try it. Granted, you'll never have the 7 Super Emeralds that I have in my possession, nor the Master Emerald that I've got hidden away somewhere... absorbed into my body thanks to Sonic logic, but whatever. I win. Again. I'm not kidding, either. Just check Last Post Wins, and if the last post isn't mine, it soon will be. Very, very soon. You can count on it. Seriously. By the way, if you're wondering, there's a really great Super Tails sprite sheet out there... somewhere... by some guy named shadow_91. These sprites are really great. Like, really good. Quality. Just like what I like to see in a sprite sheet. Also, credit to Joe T.E., his Sonic Battle style Super Sonic sprites have a great palette for a Super Sonic being beat up by Super Shadow, who's palette is from a Super Shadow sheet of unknown origin, but it turns out they were "borrowed" from a better sheet made by a certain Domenico. Oh, and the gif is actually a custom made super version of a similar gif, of which there are only 3 or 4 copies to be found by Google, and even then, evidently of an unknown source. Yep, it's one of those things. Stuff people have made, spread around, only for it to vanish and you to be the only person who still has a copy, not even knowing where it came from... like, literally at all. Oh, and anyone notice that Shadow's little chaos snap blast thingies are red and blue now? Yeah, I changed it. Problem, fans of purple? Yeah, I know you got a problem with that one, but you can just deal with it. After all, according to all known laws of aviation, there is no way a bee should be able to fly... alright, alright, I'll spare you the entire Bee Movie script, just Google it if you want. By the way, ever wonder how your characters would've ended up if they evolved in another universe? Yeah, that. Think about it. Ok, so you probably didn't bother reading up to here, but whatever, here's a surprise for you guys over at ESD (RP) who were crazy enough to read this: Emperor Nat of the mcfreakin' Terran Empire is gonna be right all along! The universe is gonna go BOOM! *Thumbs up to the insanity*
    Oh, now don't tell me you want in on all this! Well, ok. Look this that Egg Pawn hanging outside your window, pointing his laser rifle at you, waiting for my next order. He's doing his part. He helps conquer the weak-minded. He roboticizes the weak-bodied. Heck, he even helps keep the useless people from causing any trouble, but you know what? Join. Find the closest Nataran Empire roboticization center near you and join the ranks, before the ranks find you. Oh, I know, you figure it must be so satisfying to know I basically rule the world now, and you know what? It is, but do you want to know the true definition of satisfaction? Well, let me tell you a little story. One day, you see a brand new event. They're giving out boxes that give old event stuff. Your dilithium is plentiful. You buy a whole lot of Phoenix packs on your main, and open them all. You get one epic token. Then, you decide, that since you have all the Breen ships and don't give a damn about the others, you exchange it for an ultra rare, and grab yourself a Jem'Hadar Attack Ship and for the hell of it, a Voth Bulwark. You open both, leaving the Bulwark in your vast masses of starships as you jump into the bugship and deck it out, deck by deck, into the most awesome Jem'Hadar ship you can. You fly it. You enjoy it. Eventually, you get bored and leave, leaving the old Bulwark never flown... until later. Your main is long complete. Your new alt main, based off some character you pulled out of nothing just to explain away some starship being in service without the command of your dear admiral, is also complete. Mostly. Their reps and doffs are hard at work, getting you stuff. You realize the potential, and head back for your dear admiral, pull the most Voth themed build you can out of thin air, and suit up in your giant ship in the shape of you know what. You head out... and cause all sorts of havoc. Enemies scream out your name as their very life is drained away by your swarms of Aceton Assimilators. They complain to the devs of your OPness when you revive yourself from death every time you die. Do you show any form of mercy? No. After all, this isn't the United Federation of Planets, this is mother frakkin' Starfleet, where you explore strange new worlds and kick butt never kicked before. Oh, and you realize that I just wrote another speech rivaling your own signature. Cool. Oh, wait, that's just the original draft, it is part of my signature now. Oh, and yes, I am aware that I have become a Canadian Regent; one day, sooner than you'd expect, we'll suddenly decide to take over the world and declare an "alliance", and I shall become it's Regent. You know, like the Klingon-Cardassian Alliance in the mirror universe of our beloved Star Trek. Oh, who'll we be taking over with? I dunno, maybe [REDACTED], or maybe aliens from outer space. Guess you'll have to wait and find out, won't we? Until then, don't ask too many questions, or else my Breen allies on Titania might pick up on your -- [REDACTED BY BREEN CONFEDERACY FOR REASONS] Also, psst... keep an eye out for flying Tribbles! Also walls. Big, great walls, separating entire continents apart. Walls patrolled by Tribbles. Flying Tribbles. Flying Nukara Tribbles. Don't worry, it's not like they were on Venus with a herd of Tholians or anything, they just like the extreme heat and brutal weather like acid rain and hurricane force winds as the norm. Oh, and definitely keep your eye out on any two-tailed foxes, because if they ain't glowing, they're definitely an imposter. Possibly an Undine, we caught one of those once in my place once. Oh, and if you find a two-tailed fox that doesn't like the cold... most certainly ask him to say sorry. If he refuses, DESTROY HIM WITH A DOOMSDAY MACHINE, BECAUSE THERE'S NOTHING ELSE THAT WOULD BE ENOUGH AGAINST SUCH AN OVERPOWERED IMPOSTER!

HEY! LOOK! Krystal can get a minute of screentime while stuck on ESD! YAY! \o/
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Lookie lookie, Sarah can get screentime on ESD while she's still in the future fighting Na'kuhl!

She's totally not another imposter.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Krystal is ANNOYED.
    Krystal is likely about to become very ANGRY.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Yup. And she's putting 2 and 2 together.
    Seems like the security officers aren't buying it.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Ouch. Hopefully Barnes didn't just hit a nerve... :confused:
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

It was a bit of a nerve.
  • hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Don't mind Elric. He's just chasing down robotic women. :p
    Well, it appears that shadow may be otherwise occupied, given that they haven't posted for quite a while now, but I would like to casually remind you all that it would be nice to finally finish the story. :tongue:

I had a thought that might be of some interest, however; once we finally deal with the Na'kuhl once and for all, maybe throw a few more chronitons at Krystal, wait for Elric to finally catch the robot of his dreams, find a solution to the new changeling that we totally already know already, etc., we'll have reached a point we probably haven't reached for a long time. Specifically, we won't have any loose ends left to worry about, besides Krystal's baby (which would become a new sidestory arc or something when it's born) and the Infamous armada still lurking in the background somewhere (which is barely mentioned anyway). This moment would allow us to finally start an entirely new story arc, which in turn, would be a wonderful time to maybe recruit a few new players, if they weren't so daunted by the sheer size of the thread lying before them.

Might I suggest we take the opportunity to finally wrap up the story, stick a bow on it, and call ESD finished? After that, we can easily move on to making a new thread; perhaps one set around Deep Space 9, for a number of reasons:
    1. A new thread could more easily attract new players, since there wouldn't be a whole lot of past story to worry about. Sure, it'd technically still be in the same continuity, so we could still reference events of Earth Spacedock and perhaps have sequels to it's own story arcs, but it'd be separate enough that any new player could have not read ESD and be perfectly fine.
    2. Deep Space 9, being all the way out in the Alpha Quadrant, would offer more story opportunities one doesn't usually find sitting around on ESD. Things like, you know, Cardassians.
    3. Instead of forcibly trying to keep First City and New Romulus going with only 2 players, we could instead wrap those up as well, allowing our Klingons and Romulans to have reoccurring guest roles in the new thread instead (DS9, unlike ESD, would be fully open to Klingon and Romulan guests), allowing them screen time without needing to write them too much screen time.
    4. Speaking of wrapping up First City; we could just leave it with Kro'nok and what's-his-face being stranded on that planet and sending some kind of distress call, which might be a nice starting point for a new DS9 thread's first story arc, at least once our characters, and any new player's characters, are all settled and ready for something to happen.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Well... Krystal has control of the Armada.

And I will probably bring Krystal back for the sequel. Give it a bit of a time skip and she'll be back.
    I suppose a time skip between ESD and the hypothetical new DS9 thread would let some things settle down a bit... maybe even long enough for Commodore Nat, Lyras, and all their people to finish that training on K-13... etc.

As for our existing characters coming back, well... I suspect I may leave most of my guys behind in the Beta Quadrant, besides Sarah and the crew of the Legacy, who'll definitely be back. It'd be nice to focus more on Sarah, and the rest of her ship's crew in particular, and have my own dear admiral as more of a occasional guest. The mirror characters... eh, I dunno, although I imagine mirror crossovers might end up being about twice as common (hopefully not from a story perspective though), given that we'd have 2 mirror universes to our one prime one, since Captain Nat's universe is history. Speaking of Captain Nat, he definitely won't be back much, as I have special plans for his destiny. The newly introduced General Malin, on the other hand, would likely become a regular (perhaps main) character in the new thread, even despite his KDF-aligned nature. I have unique plans for him as well.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Up to you guys, if you want. I initially thought of the ESD thread as a kind of ongoing life that didn't always need an ongoing backstory. Like, ppl could just write one or two self contained posts if they wanted, or jump into the continuing story if they wanted. Either way, maybe I'll write some posts to wrap up Elric's storyline.
    I mean, a continuing story that doesn't constantly need knowledge of the past story sounds nice in theory, but in practice, it's kinda getting to a point where new players are probably already scared off by the sheer size of the thread, not to mention how often past events are getting dragged back up anyway. Sure, we can just have our characters keep explaining past events to all the new characters as necessary, but that just gets repetitive.

Granted, finally wrapping things up would let us just continue in the same thread with the next storyarc in the ideal way, but a new thread would be more inviting to new players, not to mention allowing us to pick a new location/station where pretty much every species could visit more easily, eliminating the need for threads for the Klingons, Romulans, and any others we might come up with.

That said, I might suggest we try to avoid larger and longer "episodes" in the new thread when possible, as a setup with shorter, smaller, and generally more self-contained "episodes" would allow newer players more opportunities to jump into stories with us. You know, without randomly appearing in the middle of the story for no logical reason without any knowledge of what's going on. :tongue:
    Of course, this wouldn't stop us from having larger storyarcs compromised of several "episodes", nor stop us from having sidestories that could very well be part of side storyarcs, and other stuff like that.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited February 2018
    Maybe it should go episodic next. Come up with an overall series title, then do one episode thread every two months or so (with episodes having their own titles).
    That might be a little extreme a change from what we have now, but at the same time, it just might work. I already have ideas for a few episodes.

I wouldn't suggest timing the episodes, though; I'd suggest we just plan an episode, play it out, then start the next one. Don't bother trying to make them fit a timetable, especially since that's probably not necessary.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Sounds good. You can run it. My sched is crazy these days. :s
    Thinking about it again, a timeskip is even better for me, as it also gives me an excuse as to why Krystal wouldn't be around all the time. She'd be a single mother so gotta check on the kid. Granted her friends on her crew would also be helping, but still... a mom's gotta be a mom sometime.

If she has to wander off, she has that out.
    Come to think of it, having small timeskips between episodes would be especially worthwhile, since it'd give everyone a few days to rest. I imagine our characters are all tired of having a new crisis thrown at them literally the moment they get back from the last one. :tongue:

Also, anyone have ideas for any episodes? We should probably start listing some.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

Something about time travelling space whales? Also, the new series should have a name, and its own discussion thread.
    Well, should the name be like that of a series? That might be difficult, with multiple starships filling the starring roles. Nor do we have a singular space station to operate form, as naming it something like Deep Space Nine is out of the question. Should we just name it something simple and functional, like Star Trek Online Stories? Or maybe Star Trek Online: The Voyages? You know, the voyages of basically all the ships as a whole?

Also, no, we're not starting off the new series with time traveling space whales. It can be added to the list for after we run out of good non-time travel ideas, lol. :lol:

We should probably hold off on starting any actual threads for the story until after we finish with ESD, and ideally also First City; although we can probably end the latter on a cliffhanger and then have the resolution as an episode of the new series. We should probably hold off on the discussion thread as well, so we'll have more time to discuss episodes, recruit people, etc. without having to finish another thread or two in the meanwhile.
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

I mean, we can always have space whales without needing time travel. That whale probe must've come from somewhere...
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited February 2018
    admiralnat wrote: »
    Well, should the name be like that of a series? That might be difficult, with multiple starships filling the starring roles. Nor do we have a singular space station to operate form, as naming it something like Deep Space Nine is out of the question. Should we just name it something simple and functional, like Star Trek Online Stories? Or maybe Star Trek Online: The Voyages? You know, the voyages of basically all the ships as a whole?

Hm, just thought of this. What if it was named after a fleet? The series would surround our Captains and ships joined together in one, going on a mission per episode.
    Well... in story Krystal and the Lexington aren't assigned to any particular fleet so... would be interesting. Also I think during the timeskip Lexington will get a Vizier refit.
    I mean, technically, being an organized fleet all the time might take away space for stories that would usually just see a single ship going on any given mission. That said, we could always assign them to some extended fleet that might send specific ships for missions when necessary. That would allow us to just send whichever ships we needed for the story, which would also allow players to come and go for specific episodes without needing to be in every single episode.

Just saying, I was also planning on bringing in a non-Starfleet captain (namely, Malin) as a recurring captain alongside Sarah, and it really doesn't make sense for his ship to be assigned to a Federation fleet. What about a specialty task force organized by the Federation-Klingon-Romulan-Others Alliance, perhaps as a first response force of some sort, for story worthy events?
    2jwMZnF.gif
    Winning.

edited February 2018
    Sounds good. That way it's not faction-limited. And maybe players don't have to actually join the task force to take part in the RP. They could be an outsider ship if they wanted. The task force could just be our framing device.