test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kelvin Timeline missions?

I know there's a good number of TOS-era Foundry Missions, and just as many ones where the player's captain serves as their 'Mirror' counterpart, but does anyone know if there's yet to be created any Foundry Missions taking place in the Kelvin Timeline of any sort?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Nope, not that I know of.

The Kelvin Timeline has been very problematic to use in the Foundry. Until recently it was absolutely verboten, owing to the fact it's a new Paramount property and we're a CBS licensed game. The Foundry EULA was never updated to include the reboot movies. We can, however, STO content. That expanded to include KT elements with AOY. However, while we did get the KT ships in the Foundry we received the main KT uniforms in the epic costume update Zero delivered very recently (8th anniversary update.)

So, it's only been within the last month that we've been able to start making fully recognizable KT episodes in the Foundry (ie. with proper ships and uniforms across KDF, FED, and ROM.) If someone tried before, they would have had to improvise. However, this still only extends to the assets on hand. Invoking specific details and characters from the KT films is still, by the letter, not allowed by the Foundry EULA (basically, you can extrapolate but not cite.)

So, while there might be KT missions floating around the community, the odds are low that they exist yet (all I've seen so far is a very brief cameo in one of Rickysmith's most recent Star Trek Continues) and I doubt that they'll ever see comparable representation to the mirror universe or TOS setting. There's a lot to work around.
    Post edited by duncanidaho11 on
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    helixfungushelixfungus Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    However, I have a title for one of it - "There Are Four Lens Flares" ;)