test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cant transwarp to some locations!

borg0borg0 Member Posts: 47 Arc User
Has anyone had problem with the transwarp lately? I tried to transwarp to bajor but couldnt. Defera sector was also invalid. I remembered I could transwarp to those location before.

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Check the tooltip for the destination to make sure it does not cost you a transwarp coil.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    There is no TW to Bajor, There's DS9 and Defera.

Though I do remember an Alpha Quadrant TW at one time that had Defera, DS9 and Bajor as destinations, but that one never worked.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Perhaps you have a new character? Transwarp to DS9 requires that you max out your diplomacy/marauder doffing. Defera transwarp requires T1 omega rep completion.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Defera, Bajor, Drozanna, and a couple of others I think don't work.

Been like that since I got past a certain part of the story missions.
  • tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    My oldest character has Bajor as a Transwarp destination, but it has what I think is the 'Transwarp Coil' icon.

I can use the option without the Coils, but it always takes me to Defera. Also, the auto-navigate doesn't seem to work until I change maps.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • starkaosstarkaos Member Posts: 11,556 Arc User
    Defera, Bajor, Drozanna, and a couple of others I think don't work.

Been like that since I got past a certain part of the story missions.

Yup. They have been broken for a long time now. I always transwarp to ds9 when i need to go to the alpha quadrant because i cant use any other transwarp location at all lol.

They are not broken, they require transwarp coils, read the tool tip and notice the icon is different to the free ones.

It is possible the Advanced Heavy Cruiser and the Transwarp Coils go to the same locations, but one is free. The Tuffli certainly has a ton of Transwarp options since it includes every Exploration cluster.
  • isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    Yep, I've even had it send me to the wrong destination in the past. When they fix it, I hope they also tidy up the menu a bit.
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,715 Community Moderator
    Some destinations require coils where as others don't. Otherwise for the one's that aren't working that do not require coils I've been keeping track of this as much as I can and passed a bit of info on previously. Also, please post bug reports in the appropriate bug reporting section. Bug reporting isn't permitted here in general discussion as it prevents the devs from seeing it as easy and thus getting a fix out as quick as possible. /moved.
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Excelsior use to have transwarp locations... but they changed that and now the console cuts down on transwarp time. during the change over, somethings got messed up. The free transwarp locations are normally listed by themselves. If the locations are grouped under ALPHA or BETA then those would ask for Transwarp coils. Thou my Fed also has RISA in the Beta Group listing and it does not ask for a transwarp coil... one of the locations from the Excelsior?

Also in the BETA Group listing is a transwarp that is only labeled as "Transwarp" and has no tooltip associated with it... seems to take folks to different locations depending on their toon. Takes my AOY captain to Klingon space near the Beta Penthe System, someone else reported that it takes em to near Andoria.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    The one labeled Bajor will, if it does work, take you to Defera instead. You probably need Omega Reputation Tier 1 done for it to take you there in addition to the normal Transwarp to Defera you do get if you complete Omega Tier 1.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited February 2018
    Here are some screenshots with tooltips that supposedly don't exist. They also show the different Defera destinations that cause so much confusion when this topic comes up.

The top of the Transwarp list.
    Alpha Quadrant opened. Note the two Defera destinations.
    Bajor Sector in Alpha Quadrant, with tooltip.
    Defera Sector in Alpha Quadrant, with tooltip.
    Drozana Sector in Beta Quadrant, with tooltip.
    Regular Defera destination, also with tooltip.

The Bajor and Defera destinations that show up when you click Alpha Quadrant, and the Drozana one that shows up when you click Beta Quadrant did not exist until about October of 2016, so they weren't changed within the last 1.5 to 2 years, unless you mean changed from not existing to existing. They aren't unlocked for everyone, and not through your own level or reputation progress, either. They are unlocked by being a member of a fleet with Starbase Transwarp Conduit of the appropriate level for those destinations. As you can see from the tooltips, which are definitely there, they require a Transwarp Coil consumable to use, so any use of them without one that works at all, even transwarping you to the wrong destination, is the actual bug.

Edited: By the way, apparently the forum doesn't like the short form links to imgBB, as it kept eating my post until I tried the longer urls.
    Post edited by anodynes on
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
    No dude. Again Defera doesnt require a transwarp coil. It shouldnt. If thats the case, cryptic really messed up the transwarps in these past 1-2 years really badly. I cant remember if it was Bajor or DS9 or any other transwarp location but i know there was another one that will not require a transwarp coil. Probably DS9 or Bajor, one of those two. Honestly probably it is DS9, because of the story arc.

Also, dude wtf.. you are showing the tooltip of just the very first item of the list, not specific transwarp locations. That isnt useful. Also, tooltips are completely wrong in this game most of the times, so. Nobody cares about tooltips.

Look at the screenshots. Defera, not under Alpha Quadrant, costs no Transwarp Coil, Defera Sector, under Alpha Quadrant, does. They are two distinct destinations. the one that doesn't cost a Transwarp Coil goes directly into Defra System while the one under Alpha Quadrant goes to Defera sector right next to Defra system.

Also, no, actually read the tooltips on those screenshots, they say which destination my cursor is hovering over, even if you can't see the cursor. The tooltips are mostly correct in this game, it's you that are wrong, and have been shown to be wrong, and are now trying to deflect from that by shifting the blame to the tooltips.

You not taking the time to read things is the whole of the problem here, not any bug in the game. Possibly the same reason that you can't find Omega Particle spawns in areas that have them. You zone in, hit V and if it doesn't point to one right from there, you think that there are none. There's a range on the scanner, and many times the active spawn is just not in your range, you have to go look for it.

It's like trying to reason with a brick wall sometimes.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    The ones under Alpha & Beta Quads are most likely from your FLEET. It's tied to your fleets development and mostly requires Transwarp Coils.

All the regular transwarp that is from your Rep or from Diplomacy/Maraduering is all filed under their own heading and is not grouped together.

Note: New Rom Rep Transwarp places Fed & KDF to different locations for some reason (from what I recall). And are filed under Beta Quad.
    Most, though not all, of the
    anodynes wrote: »

It's like trying to reason with a brick wall sometimes.

And probably you need to actually understand how the game works and how cryptic works to understand that some transwarp locations should not require a transwarp coil, and that those transwarp locations are bugged since a long long time ago. Its not that you need a coil, it is that they just doesnt work, period. I had transwarp locations to Defera, DS9r and other places that i NEVER EVER had problem to tranwarp to until a year or so ago. And that was always the case. Also i can tell you that for Bajor, i could transwarp to it until a few months back. Now i cant anymore. And same with other places.

And again, i dont care for tooltips. Probably cryptic didnt even bother to change em when transwarp locations changed, or they did but in a wrong way. It wont be such a surprise.

Probably you need to learn to actually read things instead of suggesting that everything is bugged because you refuse to. You still don't have problems going to Defera System (the one that stands alone, not the Defera (Defera Sector) one that you see when you click on Alpha Quadrant) location or DS9 because nobody does. The ones that people have "problems" with are the aforementioned Defera (Defera Sector) one and the Bajor (Bajor Sector) one that are seen when you click the Alpha Quadrant entry on the list, and the Drozana Station (Donatu Sector) one that you see when you open the Beta Quadrant selection on the list. Those aren't even bugged, it's just that people don't read the tooltips for them (the tooltips that you said weren't even there in this very thread, but can't deny anymore. What happened to that?) or recognize that the icon next to those three, and those three only, is the icon for the Transwarp Coil consumable. Aside from those, the only problem is the somewhat random destination for the one simply called Transwarp in the Beta Quadrant, which is probably an actual bug.

You didn't have problems with the ones that I just mentioned a "long long long time ago" because they didn't exist at all in your transwarp menu until August of 2016. I said earlier that it was in October of 2016, but I was off by about a month and a half. See how easy that was? I made a mistake but then I looked it up, saw that I was in error, and admitted it, rather than doubling down on my error, or deflecting by saying that something else was wrong. Here are the patch notes announcing them.

As I asserted above, nobody who has unlocked them is having any problems with Defera System or Deep Space Nine transwarps. There are no bug reports in here about them, and mine are working fine on characters that have earned them. Noting everything above, if you want anyone to believe you that you are having problems with them, I would suggest video evidence, because my faith in your words is pretty much dissipated, and I would bet that anyone who has read this thread will be in the same boat.