test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

E.V. Suits and some more usage for them

we have all the nice suits and from nukura rep. 3 with set bonuses. but just one ore two mission where we can use them with our bo's. a new e.v. battlezone that allows 4 bo's would be nice. and could they have transparent visors...

maxresdefault.jpg

Comments

• irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    If you've played that mission you'll see why transparent visors aren't a thing the way the heads clip through the helmet. And that's normal, humanish heads never mind some of the freakish stuff you lot run around as :)

Think it's actually five just now ? That one, Step Between Stars, Boldly... and the AOY tutorial mission, and that one where you board a Tholian ship. Plus a couple of others where a sealed suit can be useful.

TBF most of those are really only an excuse to dress up differently, now if they did more missions like Boldly... and Step.. where the suit's required for a gameplay mechanic I'm all for it.
  • nixie50nixie50 Member Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    the only thig i didn't like about step was the flight controls are not the same as your starship
    u7acy6aymfw7.gif
    We Need BERETS in the tailor
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    I wish the Nukara Reputation Ground Sets unlocked costume pieces like other Reputation Ground Sets.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    I wish we had a gear slot specific to the EV suit rather than having to faff about swapping not just yours but an away teams as well simply for a single mission.

On my lifer I kind of bypassed it by having the holo boffs as a hostile environment team but shouldn't really have to do so and not everyone can.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,310 Community Moderator
    Why dont cryptic implement other battlezones or places where we can actually bring our WHOLE away team first?? i mean, that will be basically more important that having more uses for ev suits.. lol.

Why not an adventure/battle zone that allows your whole Away Team AND requires the use of EV suits? :)
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    It's our own fault for not spending more time playing on Nuka-Cola Prime.

The devs noticed that many of us only visit once per alt, to collect our rep loot.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I wish we had a gear slot specific to the EV suit rather than having to faff about swapping not just yours but an away teams as well simply for a single mission.

I'd like this as well.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • irm1963irm1963 Member Posts: 682 Arc User

The devs noticed that many of us only visit once per alt, to collect our rep loot.

Because it's horrible and there's no need to go there for marks anymore.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I go there for marks. And to have fun shooting up Tholian ensigns.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    any battlezone, that gives less than 6k dil. x2h. will not be successful. also zones, that don't allow bo's ...
  • pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User

This. ...

Also While we are adding personal U.I. Slots lets have a couple of device slots dedicated to consumables (So we don't have to chose between tribbles and hypos,) And a couple of slots dedicated to floaters/powerboards/ice boots. A couple of quick switch kit slots would be good too, just limit switching to social zones. Ok i think i have gone off topic haven't I? Sorry.

• asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    I agree that it would be nice to have a EV-suit slot so that we can just have them constantly equipped over wasting space on a limited usage item. It would be fun t see more content that uses the suits though, ranging from just more missions with different parts during the mission that use the suits for various reasons, to a ground battle/adventure zone that is out in space like on several semi-large asteroids or a world like present day mars.

I think one reason they limit you to two boffs in the battle/adventure ground zones is to help keep lag, and the pressure on the servers down by minimizing the amount of additional things to track an render. Imagine if you did allow the players to bring a full team, that would be two additional characters to render per character for a total of 30 additonal boff-characters to rendered overall.

I actually quite liked when you would slot the modules to the kits, mostly as i could actually build my kits specifically for things an just switch out a single kit over several modules. The saving of a ton of inventory space via the kits was also amazing too.
  • bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    garaks31 wrote: »
    any battlezone, that gives less than 6k dil. x2h. will not be successful. also zones, that don't allow bo's ...

Nukara is one of those hidden gems for the solo player, every easy and medium mission there is player bound, so if you want the rewards you have to do the hard work.

Each easy mission gives you 540 dil, and each medium gives you 900 dil, and there are four of each, for a total of 5740 dil, add extra on top of that for the zone wide missions.

My Andorian Sci can do the eight missions in roughly an hour, but not everyone will be able to do all eight, as the two medium missions on the inside map can be really rough on players.
    I pay the odd visit to nukara prime on console as there's a quirk with the rewards that the pc doesnt have. And since there's no red alerts on console its a handy way of getting marks for dil conversion.

Not going to say what the quirk is but if the devs haven't fixed or tweaked it by now I don't really consider it to be an exploit.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    irm1963 wrote: »

Because it's horrible and there's no need to go there for marks anymore.
    It was good in the beginning. Then they removed the hard missions turned into queues and it became a boring grind spot.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Allowing an entire bridge officer team would be pretty counterproductive to the direction all of the new battlezones have going towards: Teamwork. The new zones either require (Tzenkethi) or heavily benefit from (Undine, Voth) having more players working together to control the area. Having a team of 5 per every player would destroy any challenge or need for cooperation.
  • disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Also, back on topic (kinda): Why is there that third slot in the EV suit UI that's always empty? Is there some special suit that adds something there?
    Trouble is when a BZ is released in a bad state and nothing is done to fix it before the place dies a death. Other than the kill x tzenkethi endeavour pops up. Or simply being done with the silly assumption that it will always have the full number of players being active within each instance of the map. Kobali prime had that issue, its one of the many flaws with goncra bz and we saw it again with the lane defense thing during the winter event, 20 people in an instance doesnt mean those 20 will be playing in the same area. And if something is balanced to a large group of players then it dissuades folk from bothering to see if its got a crowd there.

Boff team on nukara would be a disaster with the cliffs and bridges they'd almost never be able to navigate.

Some kind of zero G salvage operation thing (deadspace meets enders game arena) might be quite interesting, although again with how bad boff ai can be solo would be mandatory. Might even be a halfway decent (fun) pvp mode although drones and mortars might be an issue to get working right.
  • orangenee#2931 orangenee Member Posts: 837 Arc User
    Going from my experience in the Voth battlezone, 4 Body Odours would be a great help as with that place is either stand around in the "lobby" doing nothing, camp the Rex zones hoping somebody gets that last bit of bar even if there's an untaken spot right next door. Oh and then there's the do a little bit and ditch it entirely crowd.

The only time I've been to Nukara is for that one endeavour, then I ditched that as the place isn't especially fun.
    edited January 2018
    Allowing an entire bridge officer team would be pretty counterproductive to the direction all of the new battlezones have going towards: Teamwork. The new zones either require (Tzenkethi) or heavily benefit from (Undine, Voth) having more players working together to control the area. Having a team of 5 per every player would destroy any challenge or need for cooperation.
    None of the BZ's require teamwork. If anything, having more players at a node only results in more enemies spawning, making it harder. The only thing you need multiple players for is getting all the nodes before they start reverting. The best and fastest way to complete a BZ is for each player to solo different nodes simultaneously.

Nor do any of them have any challenge to "destroy" in the first place.

Question of opinions. I think would be the opposite. Im pretty sure im not the only one who thinks that is stupid to have a 4 members away team if we basically NEVER EVER use the whole team. Its completely ridiculous. And there are ways to make a workaround about everything, the problem is, as all we know, cryptic is rather lazy and thats probably the main reason they never did this. Its easier and cheaper to just forget about it. If there are too many away teams, reduce the instance population and thats about it. And create more instances. Thats the main solution that comes to my mind. And i didnt even need to think about it.
    Nimbus has full away teams. There is no problem with having full away teams. It's just a design decision to have limit 1-2 boffs on other adventure/battle zones.

EDIT: EditPostEaterDefenseAdditionSoEditPostEatingMonsterDoesntEatTheEditedPost
  • corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    nixie50 wrote: »
    the only thig i didn't like about step was the flight controls are not the same as your starship

Because their the same as the Risian floater. Because it IS a Risian floater,... in space.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    If you've played that mission you'll see why transparent visors aren't a thing the way the heads clip through the helmet. And that's normal, humanish heads never mind some of the freakish stuff you lot run around as :)

Think it's actually five just now ? That one, Step Between Stars, Boldly... and the AOY tutorial mission, and that one where you board a Tholian ship. Plus a couple of others where a sealed suit can be useful.

TBF most of those are really only an excuse to dress up differently, now if they did more missions like Boldly... and Step.. where the suit's required for a gameplay mechanic I'm all for it.

Never understood why the helmet part of the suit is barely larger than the head it protects, it would at least solve the transparent helmet visor issue and the clipping by giving room in the helmet by making it larger.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.

Never understood why the helmet part of the suit is barely larger than the head it protects, it would at least solve the transparent helmet visor issue and the clipping by giving room in the helmet by making it larger.
    Because a huge helmet would look stupid. And it would have to be truly huge to cover all the possible head shapes and styles.
  • tousseautousseau Member Posts: 1,484 Arc User

This. ...

Also While we are adding personal U.I. Slots lets have a couple of device slots dedicated to consumables (So we don't have to chose between tribbles and hypos,) And a couple of slots dedicated to floaters/powerboards/ice boots. A couple of quick switch kit slots would be good too, just limit switching to social zones. Ok i think i have gone off topic haven't I? Sorry.

A working personal Loadout System would even be nice...
    tousseau wrote: »

But it's so much fun having to slot traits all over again at random...
    tousseau wrote: »

But it's so much fun having to slot traits all over again at random...
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    The ST 6 space suit, when upgraded, makes an excellent armor as well.

I am looking at the Discovery space suit....is it me, or do the feet look like they are wearing converse sneakers?
    dvZq2Aj.jpg