test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bajoran Weapons

This game needs some Bajoran Weapons, you can't make an away team of Bajoran Militia with the DS9 Pack rifle/pistol and their arbitrary restriction of 1 per character.

The TOS Phaser isn't restricted like that...
tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif

Comments

• Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    I believe you can get more than one per character by reclaiming the DS9 pack after equipping the weapons on boffs or stashing them away in your bank.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Doesn't work, I tried both.

Unless having the Type-10 Shuttle in my roster is TRIBBLE things up.

EDIT: Note, getting rid of that doesn't help. The DS9 Bundle is just designed to be worthless.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,319 Community Moderator
    edited January 2018
    If you have the Leeta BOFF, you can claim, commission, take her weapon, dismiss, reclaim, repeat.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    tyler002 wrote: »

Unless having the Type-10 Shuttle in my roster is **** things up.

EDIT: Note, getting rid of that doesn't help. The DS9 Bundle is just designed to be worthless.

What about the doffs?

Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I have that. I guess I'll have to settle for an entire crew of common-rarity non-upgradeable pistol users and a single rifle... not exactly what I was hoping for, but it's better than nothing.
  • Options

What about the doffs?
    I always use those, I'm just annoyed at it right now.

I can have an entire away team of the TOS Phasers, Sompek Blast Assault Rifle and mirror dual pistols, but an away team of all Bajoran weapons is apparently going too far.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator

What about the doffs?
    I always use those, I'm just annoyed at it right now.

I can have an entire away team of the TOS Phasers, Sompek Blast Assault Rifle and mirror dual pistols, but an away team of all Bajoran weapons is apparently going too far.

We might see a Bajoran ground weapon with the new FE. I mean we're apparently getting a Bajoran space set with it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    kurumimorishitakurumimorishita Member Posts: 1,410 Arc User
    You are correct - I just tried it and it doesn't work anymore - (but it once did, because I have a char which has several bajoran phaser pistols & rifles and upgraded them, too!!!). You should contact support about that!!!
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    - Captain Six of Nine aka Ashley "Don't Call Me Ash" Campbell
    q4F10XV.jpg
    ALWAYS OUTNUMBERED, NEVER OUTGUNNED
  • Options
    mainamaina Member Posts: 430 Arc User
    I just play'd around a bit.

You can claim the weapons one extra time, for a total of 2 of each. You can't have the doff pack in inv when you do it (You can open the doffs once, the second time you claim, it won't let you open the box. If you need to claim again you have to delete the doff box. It doesn't care about opened or closed shuttles).

Claim once, drop both weapons into the upgrade system, they change to MK12 , don't even need to add points. Claim again. The second claim of weapons will not be upgrade-able, they say weapon is already at max. I upgraded the first set to MK13, still wouldn't let me upgrade the second. Same result when I upgraded the first set to MK14. I then spent my free 10K dill (For Science!) to make the rifle go MK14 purple, still the second set rifle still wouldn't upgrade.

Looks like 1 each weapon at base, and 1 each upgraded in anyway, is the limit.

gHF1ABR.jpg
  • Options
    maina wrote: »
    I just play'd around a bit.

You can claim the weapons one extra time, for a total of 2 of each. You can't have the doff pack in inv when you do it (You can open the doffs once, the second time you claim, it won't let you open the box. If you need to claim again you have to delete the doff box. It doesn't care about opened or closed shuttles).

Claim once, drop both weapons into the upgrade system, they change to MK12 , don't even need to add points. Claim again. The second claim of weapons will not be upgrade-able, they say weapon is already at max. I upgraded the first set to MK13, still wouldn't let me upgrade the second. Same result when I upgraded the first set to MK14. I then spent my free 10K dill (For Science!) to make the rifle go MK14 purple, still the second set rifle still wouldn't upgrade.

Looks like 1 each weapon at base, and 1 each upgraded in anyway, is the limit.

Well, but that's still different of how it worked once, because I have a char which has several pistols & rifles at MK XIV and with different rarities.
    "We might get pretty singed at that range, but not as singed as they're going to get. Engage."
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Is the 'Leeta Pistol Squad' really a feasable idea? It's apparently a non-scaling weapon locked at low-level damage despite having the 'scaling weapon' icon.
  • Options
    Is the 'Leeta Pistol Squad' really a feasable idea? It's apparently a non-scaling weapon locked at low-level damage despite having the 'scaling weapon' icon.

Well, the game isn't that hard so I'd say yes...go with whatever suits you most!!! I always prefer style over dps, too and never had any troubles!!! :)
    q4F10XV.jpg
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    The trick is, it doesn't work immediately. Claim the first two then upgrade them, When you can grab the second set. it wont let you upgrade them, but after a few days to a few weeks it will. then upgrade those repeat as needed. The key is being patient. I just upgraded a third set on a new toon last week. I have found that having the shuttle and the doffs active slows the process down, doesn't stop it, but definitely slows it down.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    If you have the Weapons you cannot reclaim the DS9 Pack and that's for either Faction. If you were looking to get the Type 10 for its Admiralty Card let's say, you would have to delete the weapons and then reclaim.

You will be given the Doff Pack again but if you have any in your Roster those duplicates will not unpack.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    If Cryptic is going to give use a Bajoran ship and a whole season based around the Gamma Quadrant/Wormhole/Bajor, they seriously need to remove the "Unique" flag from the Bajoran ground weapons or, give us a new one that can be had in multiples for entire away teams.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    I was immensely disappointed to learn about this myself, especially considering I just made a Bajoran character and crew before reading this thread. Please Cryptic, revert it back to how it was!

Until then, I'm gonna try what Larreck suggested.
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    Well, the Sompek Blast Assault is supposed to only be available once per character, but equipping it to a bridge officer while in space lets you claim another one. I'm not certain if that specifically has been tried yet.
  • Options
    corelogikcorelogik Member Posts: 1,039 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    With the introduction of the Bajoran Anniversary ship and the pending release of the new expansion based on Gamma Quadrant/Wormhole/Bajor,... can we please remove the "unique" flag on the Bajoran Phaser Rifle and Pistol in the DS9 pack. Please allow us to claim, upgrade and equip these weapons on our entire away team.

Some of us have an entire character that is Bajoran themed/based and, with the anniversary ship, lacking only the ground weapons to complete it. This would likely not impact much as the DS9 pack would still have to be purchased to get the weapons anyway. Alternatively, put a Bajoran Phaser Rifle in the Lobi store that is not unique and can be equipped on an entire away team.
    "Go play with your DPS in the corner, I don't care how big it is." ~ Me
    "There... are... four... lights!" ~Jean Luc Picard
  • Options
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    Thread: A PLEA TO CRYPTIC AND SANITY (BAJORAN GROUND WEAPONS) @corelogik

pIWTn8y.png
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    +1

If someone wants a Bajoran away team with Bajoran weapons, the game should let them have that.
  • Options
    That works with most weapons, the Bajoran ones being the only ones I've found where that doesn't work fully.
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 282 Arc User
    Tried doing the "equip on bridge officers while in space" thing myself, and no luck :disappointed:
    @MGoblin256

"[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Wait, something doesn't add up. The game has Bajoran weapons. We can go to Bajor and buy things. But we can't even buy a common Mk I Bajoran weapon on Bajor?
  • Options
    Wait, something doesn't add up. The game has Bajoran weapons. We can go to Bajor and buy things. But we can't even buy a common Mk I Bajoran weapon on Bajor?

Weird, ain't it?
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Now that I think about it, you also can't go to Qonos and buy a bat'leth, nor can you go to Vulcan and buy a lirpa. Don't even get me started about Romulan daggers or any sort of Romulan melee weapon. The same replicators that can make phasers and disruptors can't make pointed sticks. Ditto with crafting. We were recently offered the Sompek blast assault. I'm not complaining about this weapon, but, when was it ever in any of the shows? Again, nothing against that weapon, but we keep getting offered strange weapons we (or at least I) have never heard of, while the game lacks access to some of Star Trek's basic gear, like Bajoran weapons.
  • Options
    The Sompek weapons are an STO thing, as is the Sompek Arena itself.

The Bat'leth bit is only true of Federation and Fed-aligned Romulans. KDF and their Romulan allies can.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    This game needs some Bajoran Weapons, you can't make an away team of Bajoran Militia with the DS9 Pack rifle/pistol and their arbitrary restriction of 1 per character.

The TOS Phaser isn't restricted like that...

Put the bajoran weapons in upgrade window. (Right click upgrade) to remove the infinite and give them a mark.
    Then Put them on a Boff.

In the past i used the bajoran weapons as standard gear for boffs until i could get Mk XI or XII versions of episode rewards or rep gear.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,788 Arc User
    They should release Cardassian weapons so you can use those instead.

Cause Cardassians are better than Bajorans and all that...

;)
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,318 Arc User
    They should release Cardassian weapons so you can use those instead.

Cause Cardassians are better than Bajorans and all that...

;)

As much as i dislike the Cardassians and dominion, the STO weapon collector in me approves of this suggestion.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.