test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The STO Devs Return to Star Trek Adventures!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,674 Community Manager
Next Tuesday, the Devs will play another live game of the Star Trek Adventures tabletop game by Modiphius. Tune in, and you could win a copy of the game and a T6 ship!

Full details here:
https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10763744

Comments

• Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    I'll admit their last stream was entertaining even though I wasn't able to view all of it when it was live.

I thought them positioning themselves like a bridge crew was a good effort for immersion too.

The Adventures Core Rulebook giveaway is a nice addition.

Not only revealing details about the new T6 anniversary ship, but a giveaway too should entice even more people to watch.
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    This T6 anniversary ship will be featured in the adventure?

I wonder if the T6 ship offered in the giveaway would be the anniversary ship (where you don't have to do the missions to earn it or even spend Lobi crystals to get it) or it's another ship (i.e. the Pathfinder)?
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    The blog does not actually state that it will be the Anniversary ship, just that it will be "ship that's coming for the Anniversary"... so it can be a Zen-store ship (or even a Lobi/Lockbox or some other promotion ship) that will be released at the time of Anniversary.
  • Options
    carnivoircarnivoir Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Looking forward to this! (Hopefully the 'nacelle up' animation on the Pathfinder in sector space is working then)
  • Options
    azyurionazyurion Member Posts: 168 Arc User
    THE STO DEVS RETURN TO STAR TREK ADVENTURES! - Ambassador Kael

This should be entertaining. Though, I must point out that this particular crew lacks diversity amongst its human contingent. The traditional caucasian male Captain and an "Augmented", super-aryan, male subordinate. Even the non-joined Trill looks pretty Anglo, in spite of the purple hair. I'm not judging, but, what year is this and what sci-fi franchise are we representing?

Peace out :)
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I wonder if it'll be the T6 Defiant shown in last week's Star Trek Discovery (and possibly shown tonight)?
  • Options
    mecroso#1479 mecroso Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Amazing vessel !!!
    Question : What do you do with the Duck ?
  • Options
    asithilathanas25asithilathanas25 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Wish they spent more time fixing all the bugs in STO or maybe some more depth to the ships interiors or anything more useful than allowing us to watch them play a game.
  • Options
    sorcapprenticesorcapprentice Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I loved the first session!
    Post edited by sorcapprentice on
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    Something's delayed it. o.o
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    robert#4620 robert Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    did it go up yet?
  • Options
    Nope.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    I'm about ready to try sacrificing a goat or something in hopes of getting things rolling >_>;
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    The temporal integrity commission is gonna have questions here Devs...

:*
  • Options
    That or some of us got the times wrong. I always detested time zones.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    wmthoram#7588 wmthoram Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    It's 9 here on the east coast, I'm not terribly familiar with us time zones but I believe it's 6pm on the west. So where is the live stream, or did I miss it?
  • Options
    So what's the T6 Aniversary Ship?
  • Options
    So what's the T6 Aniversary Ship?

wait till around 9 in the morning
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Any news on the Anniversary ship? I caught the stream a little late, then couldn't hang around as it was getting too late my timezone, at the point where they had to tractor beam the shuttle that had a malfunction in the nebula field.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • Options
    garaks31garaks31 Member Posts: 2,845 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    @ambassadorkael#6946 , so how is this fan art contest work? there was no explanation in the show! just at the end the mention of it ... maybe the explanation landed, in the silenced sequence at the beginning...
    Post edited by garaks31 on
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    Any news on the Anniversary ship? I caught the stream a little late, then couldn't hang around as it was getting too late my timezone, at the point where they had to tractor beam the shuttle that had a malfunction in the nebula field.

if there was a bajoran ship shown in the stream...that was it​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    vosorosvosoros Member Posts: 343 Arc User
    Well, despite being prompt to the stream...taking into account timezone differences...I missed the whole, dang thing.

:'(

Oh well, so long as I can catch up on the YouTube channel I can live with such sad panda things...
  • Options
    saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
    edited January 2018

German STO site got already Stats page up - here is link:

Actually now i'm more curious about the Megabundle that will sure come in couple of months or so, and will have set for that console on the ship.
  • Options
    Chances are us console players will get the Lukari Ho'kunn Ship as the aniversary prize. We got the Krenim last year.