Install Arc
Options

2017 Winter Event Rewards!

2»

Comments

• Options
    badgerpants999badgerpants999 Member Posts: 241 Arc User
    edited December 2017
    Black Nanopulse Mek'leth? LIGHTSABER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHUTUP AND TAKE MY ORNAMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    spiritborn wrote: »
    the skiing outfit looks very 90s (is that from TNG episode as it sure looks like it) but the pants and boots look like that my captain and finally get some proper winter pants rather then using the oddy pants and shoes assuming those pants can be used with winter jackets.
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Ski outfits?

"for those of you who want to ski in the newest holodeck simulations, this winter skiing outfit is for you"

Could it be?

(Nah - of course not)

Actually, yes it is...

2s4H8P1.jpg

It's not a ski suit. It's a snow ball fighting outfit. At least that is what it was used for in NG.

Also, it was one of those rare moments when an object left the holodeck remained real.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    stormstryke2stormstryke2 Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    Why should fleets do the base ship ornament project this year when last year's is still broken and Cryptic refuses to fix it?
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,986 Arc User
    I want that in red, Sith forever

But we already have glowie red, green and blue swords in this game. :)

Those are lirpras and Bat'leths, a red nanopulse Mek'leth would be more Sith like
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      saber1973asaber1973a Member Posts: 1,224 Arc User
      edited December 2017
      The Mek'leth looks too big ... but I still want one.

I really hope the new T6 raider has pilot maneuvers so we can do a quick boost, reverse, or roll left/right to evade or keep our cannons locked on a single target.

I doubt that the ship will be have anything special besides console. The only event ships that have any special mechanics were the Dyson Science Destroyers with their mode switch.

Though i do hope we will get some cold themed experimental heavy weapon with that ship (and it will work for other ships with the slot too).
    • Options
      starcruiser#3423 starcruiser Member Posts: 1,201 Arc User
      There is NOT much new added this year. I don't care much for the mythical dark european fairy tale boss.

However, looking forward to the killer frozen glasses. Heck if we have Dinos that shoot lasers from their freaking heads we better have killer sunglass that vaporize anything moving normal-1.gif​​
    • Options
      fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
      Why should fleets do the base ship ornament project this year when last year's is still broken and Cryptic refuses to fix it?

I was thinking the same thing. I've sent in multiple bug reports about it and made multiple forum posts..... all ignored by PWE.
    • Options
      nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
      fadmbambam wrote: »

I was thinking the same thing. I've sent in multiple bug reports about it and made multiple forum posts..... all ignored by PWE.

Prime example about the lack of accountability with this game & Cryptic's crew.
    • Options
      markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
      fadmbambam wrote: »
      It's a quick and easy source of fleet credits :p

I personally have enough leftover favors banked to do it myself.
      -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
      My character Tsin'xing
      Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    • Options
      admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
      There is NOT much new added this year. I don't care much for the mythical dark european fairy tale boss.

However, looking forward to the killer frozen glasses. Heck if we have Dinos that shoot lasers from their freaking heads we better have killer sunglass that vaporize anything moving normal-1.gif​​

Agreed must have killer sunglasses, and the Nerf gun.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
      @ren_larreck
    • Options
      ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
      edited December 2017
      I’m liking that orange jacket. I just wish we could get the black that dark on our color palette. I could have some fun at the tailor making costumes around those colors.

Those shades of orange are useable, but after doing some checking, can only be selected Fed-side.
      -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
    • Options
      avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
      edited December 2017
      Snow goggles would be great.
      Post edited by avoozuul on
    • Options
      ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
      I want that in red, Sith forever

But we already have glowie red, green and blue swords in this game. :)

Not counting the winter lirpas, winter batleths, crystal swords(assuming you get peppered by appropriate energy attacks during combos), and the plasma khopesh, what glowie red/green/blue swords are there, and where can I get one?
    • Options
      strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter

I just so excited that finally after years of asking we see a Winter Ski Suit or something similar to the Summer Performance Outfit or Wetsuit. I would have loved if it was more cross competition outfit that could be used for Speed Skating, Downhill, Cross Country or even Sled / Luge type of outfit...

Regardless I'm curious to find out what they mean by when you go skiing on the Holodeck however... Still wish we only had a Speed Skating Race or they changed Fastest Game on Ice to use Speed Skates... but still overall the update seems mostly positive.

Hopefully this will be the last year for Breen Ships at least for a little while anyways... Been a straight 6 or more years of Breen every year and time for a change - love to see a Cooperative Winter Ship or something new.
      0zxlclk.png
    • Options
      grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
      > @nikolunus said:
      > New ground weapon to smack people around with, i am very happy with this. Though I do hope at somepoint we get wintery themed space weapons.

I want a peppermint stick beam array, all red and white swirl with a cold DOT proc.
    • Options
      avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
      edited December 2017
      Ship winter vanity items would be fine with me.
      Post edited by avoozuul on
    • Options
      fruitvendor12fruitvendor12 Member Posts: 615 Arc User
      Will this year's creature pet actually animate when not in winterland? Because that would be very much appreciated.
    • Options
      tinemunetinemune Member Posts: 24 Arc User
      Very dissapointed we can't get prior event ships anymore, that used to be possible a few years back but now it's not.. Why? I missed a couple winter events because of a job that kept me from playing and now I can never get them, that sucks major snowballs.
    • Options
      vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
      tinemune wrote: »
      Very dissapointed we can't get prior event ships anymore, that used to be possible a few years back but now it's not.. Why? I missed a couple winter events because of a job that kept me from playing and now I can never get them, that sucks major snowballs.

It's because the devs decided to go and make the ships a point of exclusivity. Basically, if you were not playing during the year that the ship was available for the event, you basically lose out on it. Basically it happened at the same time they decided to toss out having the reused currency for the winter, summer and anniversary events at the same, since they didn't want people potentially cashing out the currency the first day.

On the plus side, you only have to the events once on a character.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
    • Options
      admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
      edited December 2017
      tinemune wrote: »

Well you technically can still get them. The ships were put into the Pheonix Prize boxes, so gather a LOT of Dil, buy a few hundred to a few thousand of them and open them up to get a chance at one. Odds are about like those for a Lockbox ship though. As well as being a character only ship so not reclaimable.

fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
      @ren_larreck
    • Options
      tobywitczaktobywitczak Member Posts: 208 Arc User
      Would it be possible to add in the ability to query up previous years prizes? To complete my collection I need 2015 Breen Sarr Theln Carrier, 2014 Breen Plesh Brek Heavy Raider, and 2013 Breen Chel Grett Warship, and I really don’t want to play the Phoenix Prize pack lotto, Not for four characters that is.
    • Options
      jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
      Would it be possible to get a Breen Winter space and ground set for the winter event next year? For the space set, give us white poloran weapons with a frost effect similar to a hold but with a temporary ice effect to it. The shield could offer up a frozen effect to the hull, making your ship look like it has a layer of ice all around it. The engine could put out some snow flakes or something similar to one of the outputs of the winter weapons. This new Winter Space set could also get a new warp core that is different to the Cryo cores or use that as well as a fourth piece.

The ground set with a Breen kit frame could give up the Breen armor look with helmet, some white polaron ground weapons with the game freeze effect for ground combat.

I really enjoy the winter event in STO! Keep the great work and hopefully we will see some more new items to acquire next year!
    • Options
      fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
      edited January 2018
      The race needs to be changed, not everyone can do the race cause of what it takes in keystrokes or otherwise to do corners and such, i personally know of many people out of the people i speak to who cant do the event due to its difficulty! what an unfair event to have for a ship. the event needs tweeking BAD. It is unfair to make a race that not everyone can manage and accomplish unless your deliberately making it so not everyone can do the race!

And before everyone starts, I have tried everything everyone has suggested to me twice over and still cant manage turns or beating the npc. so dont even start. This race is just totally not dooable by at least half of the populus of the game, its time for a new event more fair for everyone to manage and accomplish!

PISSED OFF PLAYER!
      Thanks againi for 0 event ship!
      Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
    • Options
      It's a pity I can't use my scarf with the winter snow outfit on my KDF alien toon. Otherwise the event is great.
      Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
      [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
      Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
      R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
      [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
      She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
      Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• Options
      arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
      tomilak wrote: »
      The race needs to be changed, not everyone can do the race cause of what it takes in keystrokes or otherwise to do corners and such, i personally know of at least 5 who cant do the race out of maybee 20 that i have spoken to. what an unfair event to have for a ship. the event needs tweeking BAD. It is unfair to make a race that not even half can manage and accomplish.
      And before everyone starts, I have tried everything everyone has suggested to me twice over and still cant manage turns or beating the npc. so dont even start. This race is just totally not dooable by at least half of the populus of the game, its time for a new event more fair for everyone to manage and accomplish!

PISSED OFF PLAYER!

Wow, you've spoken to a whole 20 people ! ! ! And five of them can't do the race ???
      So, 25% of the extremely small number of people you have talked to can't do the race, and somehow this works out to 50% of the entire player base in the game unable to do the race ? You don't by chance also do statistical analysis for political agendas do you ?

LTS and loving it.
      Ariotex.png
    • Options
      eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,000 Arc User
      The race needs to be changed, not everyone can do the race cause of what it takes in keystrokes or otherwise to do corners and such, i personally know of at least 5 who cant do the race out of maybee 20 that i have spoken to. what an unfair event to have for a ship. the event needs tweeking BAD. It is unfair to make a race that not even half can manage and accomplish.

PISSED OFF PLAYER!

I disagree. I was badly injured when I was younger leaving me with a very slight paralysis to one side of my body. I have limited movement to that side side of my restricting hand and finger control. I have no problem completing the event in any way. So no it is not an unfair event. No it does not need tweaking BAD. The race is doable.
    • Options
      postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
      It occurs to me that if regular weapons and abilities can be blocked why not extend that to include all buffs (such as those from a certain armour) not specific to the winter dome.

The race vs the NPC does need worked on as the root debuff doesnt drop off consistently, sometimes the NPC will pause and other times it'll shoot off like a rocket.

As mentioned before the console version of the race can be lost due to chat boxes from the krampiri announcer or philip grey, something that should never happen. If you start the race you shouldnt get any of that nonsense appear until after the race is over.

Also those snowmen shouldn't be able to target and put racers into combat, something that could very easily be done with an immunity buff applied at the start of the race and removed once it's over.

Part of this is the design being bad and part of it is the QA folk/person not doing their job and testing stuff out beforehand.
    • Options
      jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,790 Arc User
      The race needs to be changed, not everyone can do the race cause of what it takes in keystrokes or otherwise to do corners and such, i personally know of many people out of the people i speak to who cant do the event due to its difficulty! what an unfair event to have for a ship. the event needs tweeking BAD. It is unfair to make a race that not everyone can manage and accomplish unless your deliberately making it so not everyone can do the race!

PISSED OFF PLAYER!

How about this then? If you fail the race 3 times, then have the race guy take your toon by the hand and walk you around the track very slowly (taking about 20 minutes), stopping and giving you tips (like, "slow an steady wins the race") the whole time, and rewards you with a pass for the race for the day. :P