test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Pre R&D crafting materials

Greetings,

I just started playing again after being gone for several years (since before the crafting system changed to R&D) and am enjoying being back! However I'm trying to figure out what to do with all of the data scans/particle traces i have that used to be used for crafting? do I just delete them all, or is there some way to exchange them for R&D resources? I am assuming there is no use for them anymore, but I wanted to know for sure before I just delete them all. I did see some old traces on the exchange, but I didn't know if that was just people trying to sell them to the unwitting or if they are actually worth something.

..I guess as a side note also, how about the old ground kits? I notice they don't have any stats anymore.

I tried to do some searching but couldn't seem to find an answer, thank you all in advance for your help!

Comments

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Old ground kits are obsolete. In fact, just this past year they added kits and modules to R & D, so you can craft your own.

I think there's a way to trade your old crafting mats for new ones. Try right clicking them and see what shows in the drop down.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Split a stack so that you can pull a single one out, then right click the single. A new option to convert should appear, and you can bulk convert them all from the window that comes up.

If I remember correctly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    tokon511tokon511 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thank you for the responses!

I don't see a covert option but when I open more details, in that window it says "open material conversion store". However, there does not seem to be a way to open the store... (nothing to click on, no button to open it, etc...

I'll keep poking around
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    Yes, there was some kind of automated trade-in by right-clicking

For building up more new mats, do Admiralty.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Ok, I figured it out!

So, it looks like when holding shift and double-clicking on the stack it opens up the material conversion store.

Thank you all for your help!

...side note, I have a crapload of R&D resources now lol
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    Before you start crafting:

- Get the R&D school up to at least 15
    - Craft gear at Mark II VR then upgrade, that is your best way to get Ultra Rare and Epic gear
    - Only use Superior or better tech upgrades (Phoenix Pack and Omega Tech ones are best, but are only available during events)

To level up the R&D schools, there are daily XP-only projects in each school, and you can run up to 3 of them per day. It's going to take a long time so focus on one school instead of doing all at once. (Except for leveling up schools to unlock more slots). Also, the Research Lab fleet holding has a duty officer project to gain bonus R&D XP.
  • Options
    Thank you for the crafting tips, good to know!
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    edited January 2018
    I have specifically and deliberately retained a single unconverted [Duderon Particle Trace] in my main's bank, duderons being (as everyone knows) the elementary particle of "dudeness".
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I kept one of each of the rare ones myself just so icould keep that achievement available on newer characters. Not sure if that is a vanity thing or me just being a packat :D

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    gaevsmangaevsman Member Posts: 3,190 Arc User
    hfmudd wrote: »
    I have specifically and deliberately retained a single unconverted [Duderon Particle Trace] in my main's bank, duderons being (as everyone knows) the elementary particle of "dudeness".

Dude!!, that was a secret!!...
    The forces of darkness are upon us!
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Particle traces are still needed for accolades so I would advise trying to sell them on the exchange rather than converting them.
  • Options
    dirlettia wrote: »
    I kept one of each of the rare ones myself just so icould keep that achievement available on newer characters. Not sure if that is a vanity thing or me just being a packat :D
    Was just about to post that myself. That way you can still get the Trace Tracker accolade on newer characters.

Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    Raysah@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    R'Miia@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog.

She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Captain Nog.
    [Emotes] She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072: Qapla', Captain Nog!
    She'Roars@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Captain Nog with respect.

Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 stands attentively for Nog.
    Yozit'yaza@sharmutashlikha#2072 salutes Nog.

• Options
    shevetshevet Member Posts: 1,667 Arc User
    hfmudd wrote: »

Da duderon ron, da duderon....
    8b6YIel.png?1
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,018 Community Moderator
    Duuuuuuude...
    457?cb=20120602005730
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)